Re: Galactiboy's Collection of Terror!!! Grievous, Westworld & Kenobi!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Galactiboy's Collection of Terror!!!

holy crap that grandpaw figure is awesome. didnt someone else on the board have a relative from ww2 done as well? seems like he was a pilot or something. might have even been a great great grandfather from ww1?.....:dunno

anyway that is totally kick ass......:lecture

I remember Darren Carnall did a figure of someones relative a couple years ago... may have been others.

And thanks everyone for the positive comments :duff

I'm only altering a few things; new leather-like boots, a shoulder bag like in the photo and I need to add the 3 rank insignias.

Thanks guys :duff

Congrats on that, whenever you got it done. Have you revised and finished it yet? I finished up last year and it was like a ton of bricks were off my shoulders.

Actually defended it in December :rock And yeah... one hell of a load of my shoulders. My degree was in Counseling Psychology, what is yours in?

Awesome. Do you have a lot more work to do on it? Did you graduate?

I got my undergrad in Psychology and did my senior honors thesis with a counseling Psych. prof.

My Ph.D. is in Political Science.

I wasn't able to graduate in the Fall due to the way the program is set up (long somewhat annoying story), but I just need to submit the approved document to the Graduate college and then its done. So, really just a waiting game :lol

And congrats on yours :duff

VERY cool gramps custom, Joseph. I think it looks pretty darn good so far and what an excellent way of honoring a true hero. :clap

I wasn't able to graduate in the Fall due to the way the program is set up (long somewhat annoying story), but I just need to submit the approved document to the Graduate college and then its done. So, really just a waiting game :lol

And congrats on yours :duff
That's cool. We had a hell of a thesis/dissertation editor, so getting the document into the approved format was much easier said than done :D

And thanks. It was a long road, and probably not the most efficient use of my time in the grand scheme of things, but it's nice to have the degree and the corresponding career options that are available because of it. I just wish the academic job market wasn't hit as hard as it has been by the economy. . .bah.

Got in a big box of custom figures from Elvis1976 today... haven't gotten to take many pics yet, but here are two:

ddx-1.jpg

Very nice! Is there any resculpting done on him?

And this is a figure of my Grandfather, based on a picture of him from WWII: Side by side with the original photo. Still a few things to alter on him; but about 90% there :rock

ddw-1.jpg
HarryVolk.jpg

Very cool. :rock :cool:

Last edited:

Impressive collection! I love the vintage SW collection you got going!

Very nice! Is there any resculpting done on him?

Yep, Darren Carnall tackled resculpting the Sideshow head... its nearly unrecognizable compared to the original.

Impressive collection! I love the vintage SW collection you got going!

Thanks, its one of my pride and joys :hi5:

SO thats the Darren Carnall resculpt? I'm supposedly on a list to get one of those...

That Legolas looks incredible GB, and that figure of your grandfather is a beaut as well :clap

great stuff! this collection needs a william wallace! lmao

Back