RATE or REVIEW The Last Movie You Watched.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The Wraith - 8/10 - 80's goodness!!

I was thrilled to see this pop up on Netflix. I must have watched it a dozen times on VHS in the 80's/early 90's. A few nights ago I decided to revisit it for a couple of minutes and got sucked into watching the whole thing all over again. A movie so awesomely absurd that could have only existed in the 80's.

yea. It just shows you how silly 80's flicks are just enjoyable to watch. That's how movies should be.

Same here. Haven't seen it in years. Jennifer Connelly is the only reason I'd watch it again.

She was so hawt in it.

Prolly the first time I've seen it in 10 years.

The Founder 7/10.. interesting supposedly True Story(you know how that goes)about McDonalds.How Ray Kroc met Mac and D!ck McDonald in the 50's.Not bad at all.

funny you can't write D!ck properly you auto get stars.

Conan: The Barbarian (2011) - 1/10 Holy crap what a mess. Movie gets a point because Momoa looks dead-on like Conan, although he overacted the **** out of it, with proper direction he could've been the perfect Conan, but no.... At least he looks like him.. He really did look cool though, and moved just like I'd expect form Conan, if only he had his square mane, blue contacts and wasn't such a goofy try-hard... The movie wouldn't be any better :lol

It's a you killed my father story again, only with an abysmal villain, even worse supporting characters, worse script, worse music, cinematography, editing, bad green screen, bad all of it... Also, trying to make Conan a bad ass good guy freeing slaves for no reason, nah, "No man should leave in chains" :lol Conan wouldn't give 2 ****s, he'd only free slaves if he had a reason to or if there was a passing benefit for him.

Is it really so hard to get Conan and the Hyborian age right without turning it into a generic fantasy try-hard knock off? Even the 1982 movie had a nice pulpy Sword and Sorcery feel, this was just dry and dull.

I'm thinking Conan would work better as a Netflix anthology series, unrelated short stories, with no overarching plot, no muh father revenge nonsense, just a barbarian wandering through the ancient supercontinent, only character moments, action and mystery, and try to emulate the aesthetic of Frazetta's covers.

So...

silence/10 is your rating? :D

:lol

Conan: The Barbarian (2011) - 1/10 Holy crap what a mess. Movie gets a point because Momoa looks dead-on like Conan, although he overacted the **** out of it, with proper direction he could've been the perfect Conan, but no.... At least he looks like him.. He really did look cool though, and moved just like I'd expect form Conan, if only he had his square mane, blue contacts and wasn't such a goofy try-hard... The movie wouldn't be any better :lol

It's a you killed my father story again, only with an abysmal villain, even worse supporting characters, worse script, worse music, cinematography, editing, bad green screen, bad all of it... Also, trying to make Conan a bad ass good guy freeing slaves for no reason, nah, "No man should leave in chains" :lol Conan wouldn't give 2 ****s, he'd only free slaves if he had a reason to or if there was a passing benefit for him.

Well, I think you will like CTD a bit more then. :lol

It can, they call it Red Sonja. :lol

su-SUGOI!

yuukogif40kluus.gif

Swiss Army Man: 7.5/10

One of the weirdest movies I've seen in memory, but it really is a touching, insightful film in many ways. And hilarious at times. But this is one you absolutely have to go into with a totally open mind and willingness to let the movie take you where it goes.

Just one reason I didn't like this Conan at all. It could be argued that these types of movies, are only as strong as the villains cast in them. And if you look at the three Conan Movies made, there is some evidence to support this.

1982: Thulsa Doom (James Earl Jones) - Compelling Villain. Phenomenal Acting. Conan has a Direct, Clear Reason for wishing Ill on him. Can compel his own followers (which must number in the thousands) to commit suicide with little more than a few gentle words of persuasion. Almost succeeds in killing Conan and does kill Valeria.

1984: Queen Taramis. Generic Villain for a generic movie.

2011: Umm........who was the villain again...?

Is it really so hard to get Conan and the Hyborian age right without turning it into a generic fantasy try-hard knock off? Even the 1982 movie had a nice pulpy Sword and Sorcery feel, this was just dry and dull.

It would appear to be the case. It might be that they're trying too hard to expand the audience appeal, but in doing so, they not only fail to bring any new viewers in, but put off the existing fans. This could well be why the 2011 CtB Bombed at the Box Office, failing to even make what it cost.

I'm thinking Conan would work better as a Netflix anthology series, unrelated short stories, with no overarching plot, no muh father revenge nonsense, just a barbarian wandering through the ancient supercontinent, only character moments, action and mystery, and try to emulate the aesthetic of Frazetta's covers.

Not a bad idea. Movies tend to require a clear plot that can be covered over their duration to work (hence "You Killed my Mother! You Killed my Father! You Butchered my People! You took my Father's Sword, AGH!")

As an anthology, you get a lot more time to explore the world, see how it's made, how the people live there. And once a story is concluded, you can move right to the next one.

Actually, this is something I think I'd like to see. :)

It can, they call it Red Sonja. :lol

-4/10. Yes, that is a Negative. 'nuff said.

Manchester by the sea. Casey Affleck. This one is a deep drama with good scarred layers its good and worth a watch and Casey is impressive give a 7.

Just one reason I didn't like this Conan at all. It could be argued that these types of movies, are only as strong as the villains cast in them. And if you look at the three Conan Movies made, there is some evidence to support this.

1982: Thulsa Doom (James Earl Jones) - Compelling Villain. Phenomenal Acting. Conan has a Direct, Clear Reason for wishing Ill on him. Can compel his own followers (which must number in the thousands) to commit suicide with little more than a few gentle words of persuasion. Almost succeeds in killing Conan and does kill Valeria.

1984: Queen Taramis. Generic Villain for a generic movie.

2011: Umm........who was the villain again...?
Well, Conan himself should be a mesmerizing character, in fact he's always more interesting than his villains, he is the sole focus of the stories, man at his most raw, yet more cunning and sense than civilized men.

Arnold was just dull, he even complained about fighting :slap Momoa looked good but he was EDGE: The character: "check out my pre-Khal Drogo voice".

Back