RATE or REVIEW The Last Movie You Watched.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bill-Lumberg-Uh-Yeah-Office-Space.gif

BRxULd3.gif

Nice! I need to see this soon!

For the last 10 or so years he's had these really cheesy twists in a lot of his movies. I completely expected to be let down. This is nothing like that. I had goose bumps after. It's such a big ending that it will definitely be all over the internet next week.

If you're a fan of his early work this is a much watch, before you get spoiled.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Conan The Barbarian - 6.5/10 As a long time Conan fan, I never felt the need to watch this or Momoa's movie, and it seems I wasn't missing out on anything.

Pretty nice looking movie and it aged well, but holy **** was Arnie a huge miscast, I suppose there was no one else to play Conan, but Arnie sure ain't Conan, no agility of a panther, no quick wit, which was a waste because Arnie is charismatic, but in this? Conan is a dumb brute and mostly a nodding mute, not only that, Arnie's too aryan looking to play Conan :lol I haven't seen Momoa's movie either, but I have a hunch if it was Momoa in this movie, movie would've been better, at least Momoa looks like Conan more.

I would've ignored all that if the movie was a bit better though, in the script department.

I suppose it was a nice amalgam of various stories told serviceably at best, since I think it failed to capture that Hyborian age mystique that Robert E. Howard describes so well, I did appreciate that Belit moment in the final battle, I kept thinking how the girl kinda reminded me of her :lol and this scene at the beginning and the outro, among others, like I said, it is a nice looking movie. And the music was fantastic.

[...] I haven't seen Momoa's movie either [...]

tumblr_inline_mm262vAjeN1qz4rgp.gif

Momoa does look more like Conan, and there's more blood and gore, but... the rest is painfully cheesy, boring and just... bland. I saw it once in the theater, once on tv, and it was actually playing yesterday (I wasn't really looking at it though, as I had my Physics Final today). It's a bad flick, but eh, if you truly have time to spare and can't think of literall anything else to do...

Moma's movie may be bad, but he looks the part of Conan. Quick, cunning, intelligent and his origin are true to Robert E Howard.

I love Arnolds CTB, but Conan would never have been a slave for 20 years or sob at the foot of Thulsa Doom.

I saw "Arrival" last night.

This movie is all about love ,language ,time and aliens.
I enjoyed watching it.

Moma's movie may be bad, but he looks the part of Conan. Quick, cunning, intelligent and his origin are true to Robert E Howard.

I love Arnolds CTB, but Conan would never have been a slave for 20 years or sob at the foot of Thulsa Doom.

Yeah, that's true. I wonder how a Conan movie would turn out with Momoa, but with a better script, directing, etc. I guess with Aqumomoa, we'll practically find out.

I've read Howard's Conan and still think the CTD is weak (though decent even Sunday afternoon fare.) Hated Momoa Conan and ended up fast forwarding a good portion of the film just to get to the end.

I absolutely love Conan the Barbarian.

****ing this, it was pretty dumb.

And Momoa is too Polynesian to play Aquaman. It's Hollywood, man.
Let's hope his Aquaman is good enough that one is willing to overlook that, unlike Arnie's Conan.

I've read Howard's Conan and still think the CTD is weak (though decent even Sunday afternoon fare.) Hated Momoa Conan and ended up fast forwarding a good portion of the film just to get to the end.

I absolutely love Conan the Barbarian.
I didn't rate CTB by it being a Conan movie, otherwise it would've rated lower :lol I took it as its own thing, but I'm afraid as a fantasy movie it's only plain "good".

If CTB is the best of them all then I'm gonna wait for a proper Conan movie if it ever happens, the way I see it, the books are enough, you don't even need the comicbooks.

CTB is definitely it's own thing but is by far the best "sword and sorcery" epic and with the music, locations, villains, make-up, set design, Arnie in his prime, etc., it's still a solid 8/10 film in its own right. Your taste has really been slipping these past few weeks Gaspar. ;)

CTB is definitely it's own thing but is by far the best "sword and sorcery" epic and with the music, locations, villains, make-up, set design, Arnie in his prime, etc., it's still a solid 8/10 film in its own right. Your taste has really been slipping these past few weeks Gaspar. ;)

He looked better in Conan the Destroyer :chase

Back