RATE or REVIEW The Last Movie You Watched.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Going back to Star Wars briefly:
I didn't enjoy the PT. I saw them when they were in theaters.
I don't want to see them again.

I went from ages 20 to 26 when A New Hope/Empire/Jedi
were new in the theaters. Never saw anything like 'em before or since.
Whenever anyone asks me what my favorite movie is,
Episodes 4, 5 & 6 is my answer, as I view them as being one very
long movie. TFA is good, I like it, just not in the same way as 4/5/6.

Bone Tomahawk: 7.5/10

Wow, those last 40 minutes were brutal and graphic. Very well done western/horror with Kurt Russell brilliant as always. But I actually thought Richard Jenkins as the old man assistant deputy was incredible. That performance was sublime.

Wow, those last 40 minutes were brutal and graphic. Very well done western/horror with Kurt Russell brilliant as always. But I actually thought Richard Jenkins as the old man assistant deputy was incredible. That performance was sublime.

I watched this about a month ago and thought it was horrible.

I just saw this about a week ago. Agree with your assessment of Jenkins' performance. He was the biggest surprise. I knew he was a good actor, but this is 180 degrees from anything I've seen him do before. Great moment when Matthew Fox lets him hold his telescope.

I enjoyed it quite a bit. Its was original, uncompromising, and well done. The mix of horror and western worked well IMO, and Kurt Russell gave it real weight. Seems a shame it didn't get a regular theatrical release, but I guess not surprising given the subject matter and brutality.

Star Wars - The Force Awakens - 9/10
Was anyone able to find Luke's X wing on the mountain ?
If you freeze frame the screen, the camera pans over the island/ mountain area, you'll notice the x wing somewhere on the right side on the screen covered in foliage before the camera pans to the landing of the Falcon.

Star Wars - The Force Awakens - 9/10
Was anyone able to find Luke's X wing on the mountain ?

Luke's X-Wing?? In TFA???? Hmm, I, uh, just realized I forgot something very important. Sitting right next to my blu-ray player. Yes, I...need to go get it, very quickly, bye!

wGdM5.gif

Just rented TFA from Family Video. I'm really excited to watch it tonight!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rounding up my (almost) first time viewing of the Star Wars trilogy:

Star Wars: Return of the Jedi

Trying to think of anything that hasn't been said about the series is a statistical impossibility, so I'll just wrap it up with my own experience with Star Wars. I've only seen this movie once back in 1994 and never saw it again due to the the lack of the theatrical cut in HD format. Thanks to the Despecialized Edition(s), I'm now watching the trilogy the way people originally did when they were released and nothing else would suffice, especially coming in remembering very little about the series.

Anyway, to the review- It's great! I think it's even better than what some people make it out to be! I love all the Jabba scenes and the Ewoks didn't bothered me as much. The scenes with Vader and Luke were much more moving than I would initially give credit for. Overall, this is a hugely satisfying conclusion to the trilogy.

4/5

Now to the erm, prequel trilogy before moving on to TFA. I've heard stories. Pray for me.

Trying to think of anything that hasn't been said about the series is a statistical impossibility, so I'll just wrap it up with my own experience with Star Wars. I've only seen this movie once back in 1994 and never saw it again due to the the lack of the theatrical cut in HD format. Thanks to the Despecialized Edition(s), I'm now watching the trilogy the way people originally did when they were released and nothing else would suffice, especially coming in remembering very little about the series.

Anyway, to the review- It's great! I think it's even better than what some people make it out to be! I love all the Jabba scenes and the Ewoks didn't bothered me as much. The scenes with Vader and Luke were much more moving than I would initially give credit for. Overall, this is a hugely satisfying conclusion to the trilogy.

4/5

Now to the erm, prequel trilogy before moving on to TFA. I've heard stories. Pray for me.

The Phantom Menace and Attack of the Clones may be a chore to get through, but if you enjoyed Return of the Jedi, then I think Revenge of the Sith will be a nice surprise.

Just letting you know straight up, that despite whatever wind is being blown through here - as far as the SW prequels go, Ep1 is BY FAR the best of them. It's the closest in terms of film making methods, locations, & the strong main cast - PLUS, Darth Maul.

The other two pale in comparison. All the clown troopers & the baton twirling do little to redeem them. :lol

I'll pray because PT is far from the level of bad that most OT fans like to put it on. :lol
"Revenge of the Sith" is the best of the three in terms of story and overall impact.

4/5

Glad you liked it. I guess being overcritical to it is mainly based off just how good Empire was. It has more good points than bad at least. I liked the whole Jedi Knight Luke, and the whole throne room section... just the Ewoks make me want to punch a baby.

I'll pray because PT is far from the level of bad that most OT fans like to put it on. :lol
"Revenge of the Sith" is the best of the three in terms of story and overall impact.

zfHtqJE.gif

Thanks for the input guys. I'm supposed to be watching Episode I tonight but I'm having a headache so I assume it's not the most smartest thing to do tonight. Tomorrow then. :lol

Back