RATE or REVIEW The Last Movie You Watched.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for the input guys. I'm supposed to be watching Episode I tonight but I'm having a headache so I assume it's not the most smartest thing to do tonight. Tomorrow then. :lol

Don't watch this yet and just hang onto the link, but when you're done the prequels go back and watch this review along with reviews on Ep II and III. He brilliantly breaks them down, hilariously so.

Thanks Pliss, bookmarked. Btw, Ep I is not as bad as II, right? Is that the dreaded one? I remember kinda sorta digging III.

Episode 1 gets way more hate, but I hate Episode 2 the absolute most of the series. There's a big battle at the end of it, but it feels like 110 minutes of being in a coma leading up to it. Episode 3 is the strongest of that trilogy, a lot of wrong in it, but it's still the best one.

I agree. Worst to best would be II, I, III--though III is the only film that I liked from the PT, with the exception of the Maul parts of I.

Episode 1 gets way more hate, but I hate Episode 2 the absolute most of the series. There's a big battle at the end of it, but it feels like 110 minutes of being in a coma leading up to it. Episode 3 is the strongest of that trilogy, a lot of wrong in it, but it's still the best one.

I agree. Worst to best would be II, I, III--though III is the only film that I liked from the PT, with the exception of the Maul parts of I.

Totally agree. Although I find myself wanting to sit down and watch TPM more than the other two probably because of nostalgia more than anything. First time seeing young Obi Wan, first time seeing advanced Jedi powers, first time seeing more than one Jedi with a light saber, first time seeing another Sith other than Palps and Vader. Lots of good in Ep I...then Jar Jar shows up. :mad:

Totally agree. Although I find myself wanting to sit down and watch TPM more than the other two probably because of nostalgia more than anything. First time seeing young Obi Wan, first time seeing advanced Jedi powers, first time seeing more than one Jedi with a light saber, first time seeing another Sith other than Palps and Vader. Lots of good in Ep I...then Jar Jar shows up. :mad:

I think a lot of hate would of been avoided without having that Alien Rabbit in it. But, they obviously took notice how much he was disliked and I think he's only briefly in either sequel.

The more that time goes on the more I realize that Episode I is actually the best of the prequels (best being a relative term, of course).

In the end, at least it was an honest failure.

My girlfriend's kids (8 and 11) had never seen any Star Wars before. I rectified that a couple of months ago but we started at EP III. Didn't want to give them a bad start with I and II and scar them for life. Now that they've seem them all, if we're bored one night, I'll throw in the other 2 episodes.

My girlfriend's kids (8 and 11) had never seen any Star Wars before. I rectified that a couple of months ago but we started at EP III. Didn't want to give them a bad start with I and II and scar them for life. Now that they've seem them all, if we're bored one night, I'll throw in the other 2 episodes.

I'm sorry, but not starting at Episode 4 is absolute heresy!

Poor kids, you don't want them turning into WWEJedi, do you? ;)

You need to watch the entire PT to make up your own mind on which ones sucks, and which one you believe was the best. Although, they're all pretty bad in their own respect. I tend to dislike Episode I the most because it introduced the intergalactic Rastafarian, Midichlorians as a biological explanation for the Force, "Annie", amongst other things. Although, it did have a few really cool fight scenes with Maul.

You need to watch the entire PT to make up your own mind on which ones sucks, and which one you believe was the best. Although, they're all pretty bad in their own respect. I tend to dislike Episode I the most because it introduced the intergalactic Rastafarian, Midichlorians as a biological explanation for the Force, "Annie", amongst other things. Although, it did have a few really cool fight scenes with Maul.

Space politics and taxes...

5T7sfme.gif

I just saw this about a week ago. Agree with your assessment of Jenkins' performance. He was the biggest surprise. I knew he was a good actor, but this is 180 degrees from anything I've seen him do before. Great moment when Matthew Fox lets him hold his telescope.

I enjoyed it quite a bit. Its was original, uncompromising, and well done. The mix of horror and western worked well IMO, and Kurt Russell gave it real weight. Seems a shame it didn't get a regular theatrical release, but I guess not surprising given the subject matter and brutality.

I liked Jenkins talking about the flea circus.

I'm not much of a horror fan, so it was really the dialogue and performances that kept me interested and entertained and made the brutality at the end "worth" it.

Now, as far as the Prequels go, I rate them in ascending quality from 1 to 3. I find 1 by far the worst because of the incredibly non-sensical choices and leaps in logic, and because of the terrible performance by Anakin, and the horribly irritating Jar Jar. I also don’t find the action all that good—just the lightsaber fight with Maul at the end. Even then, it’s marred by the idiocy of the force fields and the inconsistency of the Jedi powers (no speed running through the force fields? And don’t give me the lame excuse Lucas threw out). Two is a little more palatable. I like the chase through the city, Obi Wan vs Jango, and generally the end battle. But it also suffers from horrible dialogue and again, dumb character choices and motivations. There is zero to show how in the world Padme would fall for Anakin. Padme falling in love with Anakin is as far fetched as lightsabers and spaceships. Sith I don’t mind as much. I think the bad dialogue is kept to a minimum (but still there, believe me), but it’s a more straighforward plot so there isn’t a chance to mess up character motivations too much. I liked most of the action scenes. I wasn’t too bothered by the showboating lightsaber battle between Obi Wan and Anakin. Palpatine against the Jedi is the lamest fight I have ever seen. Lucas wanted Ian McDiarmid to actually do his own fighting instead of a double, which was a surprise that day to everyone including the actor and the stunt coordinator, and it clearly shows that he wasn’t up for the task. It was like watching a dad play fighting with his 5 year old and how the dad lets the kid win. And the whole “higher ground” thing is beyond ridiculous. Maul had the higher ground to Obi Wan and Obi Wan still managed to win. Did Lucas forget that? Maybe Maul should have been taunting Obi Wan saying, “you can’t win Obi Wan, I have the higher ground!”

And yes, definitely watch the Red Letter Media reviews. They are very well thought out and fair.

I'm sorry, but not starting at Episode 4 is absolute heresy!

Poor kids, you don't want them turning into WWEJedi, do you? ;)

Holy hell no! I wanted them to see how Darth Vader came to be. I quite enjoy part III, and so did they, but it's the only one out of the PT.

Foxcatcher: 7/10

Bizarre true story. I have some vague recollection of this happening. Rufalo and Tatum were really good, especially their body movements like wrestlers and the way they would spar with each other. I was surprised at how good Tatum was. With Carrell I wasn’t 100% convinced. It felt like the performance was a little too mimic-y, but there were certain scenes he nailed.

There's far less to FF than in AOTC though. :lol

Back