RATE or REVIEW The Last Movie You Watched.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
pssht, yeah let me know when hamlet includes some of the best disney songs and African lion action. Besides, jungle book was certainly not live action. I would never have mistaken that for real. It would have been interesting if the kid was done as an animated 3d cartoon character, maybe the movie wouldn't have relied on the kids acting as much.

:lol

You mean songs like "can you feel the love tonight"?

Sorry, Lion King is not one of my favorites, but I know a lot of people love it.

Man, I practically grew up with Star Wars, and Return of the Jedi was one of the first movies I ever saw :lol. But, onto Empire Strikes Back - to me, it was the highlight of the OT, and absolutely masterful in every way. I first saw it when I was about eight. Surprisingly, I didn't have the ending spoiled for me, because SW wasn't exactly popular with the kids in primary school. I was pretty shocked about the reveal that Vader was Luke's father.

The only thing I don't have for SW are the collectibles. It's sort of a black hole I never wanted to get into, because once you start, there isn't any escape. However, I do have a lot of the essential guides, all of the video games (excluding the new Battlefront), and novels from years past.

Man, I practically grew up with Star Wars, and Return of the Jedi was one of the first movies I ever saw :lol. But, onto Empire Strikes Back - to me, it was the highlight of the OT, and absolutely masterful in every way. I first saw it when I was about eight. Surprisingly, I didn't have the ending spoiled for me, because SW wasn't exactly popular with the kids in primary school. I was pretty shocked about the reveal that Vader was Luke's father.

The only thing I don't have for SW are the collectibles. It's sort of a black hole I never wanted to get into, because once you start, there isn't any escape. However, I do have a lot of the essential guides, all of the video games (excluding the new Battlefront), and novels from years past.

The only stuff I got for SW are the Jedi characters by HT. I don't want to go down that road and further than that.

I am happy I saw Star Wars when I did (1995). I saw it as a kid before household internet connections were prevalent and right when new collectibles were hitting stores and before the special editions and prequels and at the peak of the Expanded Universe's awesomeness. I'd give ANH and ESB perfect ratings and RotJ an almost perfect rating. It still is the best "final chapter" of a trilogy I've seen. I think only "Bourne Ultimatum" comes close to being the better conclusion.

THE WITCH. I dont get what the rave about this one ?:dunno It was boring not scarey and confusing i want my 2 hrs back lol.:lol

Funny, I just saw it myself, and came to this thread to rate it :lol.

The Witch - 7/10

A supernatural horror story with a fair amount of intrigue. You won't find any jump scares in this movie, but I guess the real horror lies in the mystery and the open-ended storyline, that doesn't really answer anything for the audience.

The entire cast delivered a masterful performance, and it was especially hilarious to see Kate Dickie in a few breast feeding scenes after her role as Lysa Arryn in Game of Thrones :lol.

The Witch 10/10
Batman v Superman 9/10
Star Wars: The Force Awakens 8/10
Deadpool 8/10

Movies I've watched over the past month or so...

The Maltese Falcon 6/10
The Three Burials of Melquiades Estrada 8/10
Hang 'Em High 8/10
The Treasure of the Sierra Madre 8/10
The Man Who Shot Liberty Valance 6/10
Red River 8/10

The Empire Strikes Back.

As mentioned in my previous post, this is pretty much my first viewing and boy, did they really stepped up the game with this one. There's nothing really I can say that hasn't been discussed to death but as a first time viewer I find this one much, much better than the original. Bolder, darker, and much more expansive, this seems like a movie willing to take risks.

Tomorrow, Return of the Jedi.

4/5

Last edited:
The Empire Strikes Back.

As mentioned in my previous post, this is pretty much my first viewing and boy, did they really stepped up the game with this one. There's nothing really I can say that hasn't been discussed to death but as a first time viewer I find this one much, much better than the original. Bolder, darker, and much more expansive, this seems like a movie willing to take risks.

Tomorrow, will the Return of the Jedi.

4/5

K7925iU.jpg

Glad you loved Empire, but ROTJ is such a drop off. It's watchable, but no where near the quality off the heels of Empire.

K7925iU.jpg

Glad you loved Empire, but ROTJ is such a drop off. It's watchable, but no where near the quality off the heels of Empire.

Whaa? Really? That's gutting. So do any of the subsequent movies are as good? I'll be moving on to Ep I-III later before finally watching VII. I remember falling asleep at Ep II.. :lol

Back