RATE or REVIEW The Last Movie You Watched.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I Saw the Devil - 10/10

A gritty, Korean film about a serial killer that starts off with one grizzly scene, and then evolves into a sort of dark comedy that will have you laughing at some fairly inappropriate scenes.

Good Wil Hunting is one of my very favorite movies.
The acting, casting and script is excellent. The dialogue
does indeed sound very real.I like the scene where
Robin Williams' character tells Wil off in their second
meeting. " I couldn't get to sleep until I remembered
you're just a scared kid..." Great stuff!
:lecture absolutely so. A lot of memorable moments, like the famous 'how do you like them apples?' line.

Kind of wish we got some confirmation on if Will patched things up with Skylar or not though.

I take Gump as a loveable comedy-drama, that's all. American Beauty has some interesting points at times, even if some things make me go 'what' like the plastic bag.

I always understood the plastic bag scene, but never really "felt" it until my late 30's. If that makes sense.
A few parts feel little dated today, but its still one of my favorite films.

I always understood the plastic bag scene, but never really "felt" it until my late 30's. If that makes sense.
A few parts feel little dated today, but its still one of my favorite films.
It's the one thing I (rest of my class too) never really got, it seemed random. I mean I sorta get it today, but yeah.

It's the one thing I (rest of my class too) never really got, it seemed random. I mean I sorta get it today, but yeah.

It's a really, really, really odd thing to openly discuss with others what the bag scene truly means (to me). Lol
Until I was fully content in my life with a wonderful wife and daughter and my stress was limited to only work did my perspective on life and everything around me have a dramatic shift. Basically, the same shift Spacey goes through in the movie. A decompression of sorts. I realized how amazing some of the simple, everyday things in life are.

Quite frankly that shift has a lot to do with me getting out of collecting (for the most part) because I no longer needed the next statue to make myself happy. I still appreciate them, but I don't really want them in my possession anymore. I still have a lot of old stuff, but haven't bought anything new in years.
That shift is also the reason I seldom interact on this board anymore. The negativity was really building and you get to the point you just avoid negativity as much as possible. But you also understand where those generally negative people are in their life. You don't get mad at them anymore, you just hope one day they come out of it.

All of that ^^^ somewhat describes what I mean between always "knowing" what the bag scene meant vs later in life actually feeling the emotion behind it.
Prior to that I would view that scene as pretentious, emotional, hippy crap. :lol

I was thirteen when I first saw "American Beauty" but the plastic bag scene is still my favorite.

The Big Short.

Great movie, loved the cast. Didn't like how they needed to opt out to Robbie, Gomez, and the Chef to explain everything. I understood it.

The funny thing is that this will probably repeat itself :lol

Batman Vs Superman - 5/10

It's very apparent the people running the DC movie universe just do not understand the Superman character. If I had to pick a highlight I'd go with Wonder Woman, but this movie was just too bloated and bleak.

Batman v Superman 6.5 / 10

Focus on main story was solid....began falling apart when tried adding sub stories for JL, Doomsday, Daily Planet, Pa Kent and bad editing of those sub stories. Not a horrible or worst film some making it out as but plenty of issues

Gone Girl: 8/10

Movies don't get to me, but goodness gracious, do I feel sorry for Affleck's character. I mean Jesus, he's stuck with a psychopathic killer. Forget the Joker, Amy's the one you should be afraid of...

Batman vs Superman

In terms of enjoyment.... 7/10. I think this will go up for me. I am not going to lie... I walked into the theater with an attitude against this film. The more I watch the more I will enjoy this.

Critically... 5/10.

Back