RATE or REVIEW The Last Movie You Watched.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is it the same story as in the animated films?

Yeah, but they made some changes. In the comic, Two-Face's resurgence and bombing attempt occurred after the Joker emerged from his catatonia due to news reports of Batman defeating the Mutant Leader. In the film, it took place before the Mutant Leader was defeated. Because of this, Joker was not involved in Two-Face's plot at all, and it is implied in the film that Two-Face simply lied about not blowing up his men in order to ensure he committed suicide rather than the bombs being sabotaged by the Joker.

There are other minor changes and things that were cut from the film, like The Joker killing a bunch of children with cotton candy. But the overall story is the same and some things are better in the film, like the lack of news reporters talking.

I disagree with Gaspar. I've only watched the movies once and what I remember is how they removed almost all of the inner monologue of the characters. It's basically like watching Sin City without any voice over narration.

I disagree with Gaspar. I've only watched the movies once and what I remember is how they removed almost all of the inner monologue of the characters. It's basically like watching Sin City without any voice over narration.
Yeah but that happens on most comic to movie adaptations, inner monologues are bread and butter in comicbooks and they rarely ever come to the movies.

And doing voice narration for the entire thing can be clunky so that's why it almost never happens. You still get the story though. Of course it's a given you're gonna go deeper and get a better grasp with the book, as is usual, but you get the story and character just fine.

Superman Unbound

A decent, if not unremarkable by-the-numbers superhero romp. Only if you have nothing better to do.

2/5

I'd love to hear your thoughts about the animated movie and BvS if you read the book.

I might be in the minority, but I prefer the movie over the book. Yeah, shoot me.. no wait, I also think Peter Weller was a miscast because his voice sounded too boomy and uninspiring, they should have gotten Michael Ironside to reprise the role. Now shoot me.

I might be in the minority, but I prefer the movie over the book. Yeah, shoot me.. no wait, I also think Peter Weller was a miscast because his voice sounded too boomy and uninspiring, they should have gotten Michael Ironside to reprise the role. Now shoot me.

I agree on the voice, Weller was too monotone.

I agree on the voice, Weller was too monotone.

I also agree about Peter Weller's voice. It's also fine if you prefer the movie over the book. No shooting required. I'm not Batfleck!

I also agree about Peter Weller's voice. It's also fine if you prefer the movie over the book. No shooting required. I'm not Batfleck!

the-funny-picture-shots-fired-30-photos-28.jpg

Back