RATE or REVIEW The Last Movie You Watched.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So weird. I remember this coming out mainly because of the HT figure but never saw a commercial or trailer. Never heard anyone mention since, ever. Never saw it on dvd in a store or online shopping, on netflix, never seen it reviewed in here til now. :lol Will have to check it out. Kind of reminds me of that movie Evolution. Just sort of fell off the face of the Earth.

Merely falling off the face of the Earth is insufficient a demise for that movie. If movies can burn in hell, I hope that one is getting special attention in he deepest darkest pit of Hades. ;)

Wow, I hated that movie. But since you never saw a review for it...

Evolution - 0/10

Yeah it is sappy, but I don't think it took away from anything prior to it.

No, I suppose not. I can somehow buy Ebenezer Scrooge turning into a loving, generous man in the original but it was either the modern setting or Bill Murray just being an even bigger jerk than Scrooge himself that made it a jarring, out of character moment. The transition from self-absorbed jerk to a decent man seemed better done in Groundhog Day.

Last Action Hero - 6/10
I liked this movie. It was fun at first but I felt it dragged near the end.

Truman Show - 6.5/10
I expected more from this. I felt as though I'd seen the whole thing without ever having seen more than trailers and TV promos from back in the day.

Well the difference in Scrooged, is that like the original, it takes a lot of life changing events to make Scrooge realize how he's lived. But in Scrooged he's on television and appealing to thousands or even millions of people and is trying to convince them he has genuinely had a life altering experience and isn't just an actor in this show they're all already watching.

That may have been the best video game movie.
So far it IS the best VG film adaptation. Let's hope 'WarCraft' will say something about that in 2016. :lol

Still underwhelming and forgettable compared to the source material but not horrible.
As great TSoT game was and still is, it's too short and simplistic story to base a movie on.
Also, since Mechner was involved, there was much influence from original Apple/DOS games.
At least it wasn't based on 'Warrior Within'!

So weird. I remember this coming out mainly because of the HT figure but never saw a commercial or trailer. Never heard anyone mention since, ever. Never saw it on dvd in a store or online shopping, on netflix, never seen it reviewed in here til now. :lol Will have to check it out.
Do it. Just keep in mind that's a kids movie.

Merely falling off the face of the Earth is insufficient a demise for that movie. If movies can burn in hell, I hope that one is getting special attention in he deepest darkest pit of Hades. Wow, I hated that movie. But since you never saw a review for it...

Huh...

Evolution - 6/10

Old, stupid, fun.
Maybe I'm a little biased because I watch it every two year since theatrical release...

22 Jumpstreet - 2/10

Terrible terrible movie. I liked Jonah Hill in Superbad, but this movie has really made me dislike him

Lets be Cop - 7/10

Alot funnier than I thought it would be.

Riga Mortis - 3/10

Not sure if it was supposed to be scary or funny, but it was just bad overall.

Dawn of the Planet of the Apes - 8.5/10

Liked the first one better but this was good enough that I'll get it on Bluray.

Hachiko - I don't know how to rate this one, because I couldn't finish it. Knowing the story and how it ends, and being a dog owner... I'll just say it's a great flick for those who appreciate the story, but this viewer couldn't sit through until the end.

Hachiko - I don't know how to rate this one, because I couldn't finish it. Knowing the story and how it ends, and being a dog owner... I'll just say it's a great flick for those who appreciate the story, but this viewer couldn't sit through until the end.

Are you talking about the original Japanese film - or the remake with Richard Gere?

I bought 'Hachi' (remake) ages ago, but haven't watched it yet..

It's a pretty amazing story, & you wouldn't be human if you didn't at least shed a tear after watching it.

TNT's A Christmas Carol (1999) - 7.5/10
Sadly this movie hasn't aged all that well considering it was a TV movie, but I still consider it my favorite version of the classic story. Patrick Stewart is just plain awesome in the role.

Home Alone 1 - 10/10
One of my favorite Christmas movies and likely the first movie I saw in the theater. One of my earliest memories considering I was only 3.5 at the time.

Interstellar 10/10 2nd screening and I really want a 3rd one, this 2nd screening confirmed that the claims of bad writing and plut hulz I've read are reduced to a couple over-dramatized dialogue lines and poor comprehension from the audience.

Top notch acting, crafty world setting, fantastic script, moving message, yep.

And the visuals, **** me, the visuals.

Nolan showed deep understanding of complex physics concepts, this movie provides educational encouragement and it should be appreciated for that.

Aside from the mentioned couple of lines that are a bit over dramatic, my only problem keeps being the sound, sometimes it was just too loud, but I'm sure it's my local theater, no reason why it can't be properly EQ'd.

Last edited:
Are you talking about the original Japanese film - or the remake with Richard Gere?

I bought 'Hachi' (remake) ages ago, but haven't watched it yet..

It's a pretty amazing story, & you wouldn't be human if you didn't at least shed a tear after watching it.

The Hollywood adaption. Normally I am for the foreign titles, and the story where it came from, but yeah, it was a late night movie watch. One that doesn't come with me reading subtitles. lol

Last edited:
Yeah, cool. Btw I'm not at all putting the remake down because it's supposed to be pretty good, just haven't gotten around to watching it yet that's all.

Jingle All the Way - 10/10

I didn't grow up loving this movie. I saw it in theaters just for something to do as a kid but didn't revisit it again until a few years ago. How relevant of a movie as a toy collector. I accidentally dropped the remote while holding my sleeping son and let the credits roll to the end only to discover there's an after credits scene.

Back