RATE or REVIEW The Last Movie You Watched.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was thinking about buying it...

NoDontDoIt.gif

I don't know if it's worth a purchase, but it's worth at least a watch.

Lots of people have a big problem with the excess of humor in the movie, not me, the movie has bigger problems to worry about than the humor, the humor actually takes your mind off those problems, as a major Thor fan I'm not happy how Thor's lore is being depicted in the MCU, but Hemsworth sure makes a good Thor.

It's not nearly as bad as they're making it out to be, it's not IM3, but sure as hell it's not a gem either, let's just say it's an unimaginative use of Marvel Studios' formula.

Last edited:
I actually didn't mind IM3.. :lol :monkey3

Yeah, Hemsworth sells it all the way huh. It's funny, because originally I was dead against him being cast; because till then his biggest thing was being a main character on an Aussie TV Soap drama. I was pulling my hair out over it, & I just couldn't see him in the role at all.

Boy was I wrong. :lol

Marvel seems to have found that balance for when to use humour in their films from what I've seen personally - & I own the first THOR film & quite like it, but I get that maybe this time it missed the mark. However, I guess before I start asking about flaws, inconsistencies, plot holes etc, I should just watch it once.

Yeah, Hemsworth sells it all the way huh. It's funny, because originally I was dead against him being cast; because till then his biggest thing was being a main character on an Aussie TV Soap drama. I was pulling my hair out over it, & I just couldn't see him in the role at all.

Yeah, no complaints about Hemsworth :lol

Marvel seems to have found that balance for when to use humour in their films from what I've seen personally - & I own the first THOR film & quite like it, but I get that maybe this time it missed the mark. However, I guess before I start asking about flaws, inconsistencies, plot holes etc, I should just watch it once.
Yup, didn't want to give too much away in case you wanted to see it :duff:

Wow, really? :lol

I haven't seen it yet - & was thinking about buying it sight unseen.. maybe not then.

I don't know if it's worth a purchase, but it's worth at least a watch.

Lots of people have a big problem with the excess of humor in the movie, not me, the movie has bigger problems to worry about than the humor, the humor actually takes your mind off those problems, as a major Thor fan I'm not happy how Thor's lore is being depicted in the MCU, but Hemsworth sure makes a good Thor.

It's not nearly as bad as they're making it out to be, it's not IM3, but sure as hell it's not a gem either, let's just say it's an unimaginative use of Marvel Studios' formula.

the humor was the only part worth watching, the best part of this turd

why i hate it: cliche bad guy, cliche story, cliche plan to get away... visually the movie is nice but the story is so cookie-cutter, I know the comics might be like that but as a movie alone it felt like some producer was checking off points from a studio list.

if you take out the special effects and the costumes you have the most cliche story possibly made. i understand that can be said for a lot of other superhero movies but this one felt like such a waste of money and time for me. worse than Iron man 2 or 3

the only reason to watch it is for Loki

TDK isn't that bad for those that haven't seen it. I've never seen it rated as low as 1/10 before and I bet for 99% of people who enjoy comic book flicks because they are made to be comic book flicks they wouldn't agree.

Not as good as the first Thor but not bad either. Rent it without hesitation.

EDIT: TDW not TDK. :D

Last edited:
In actuality, TDW is incredibly bad because it start to fall apart immidiately and every minute is a slow torture.

It's dumb, full of plot holes and heavily relies on mostly unfunny humor.
There is no moral core or solid narative. It's just a big terrible mess.

^ You mean TDW.

I was thinking, "how did Batman come into this all of a sudden..". :lol

Oops! :lol Yes, TDW.

In actuality, TDW is incredibly bad because it start to fall apart immidiately and every minute is a slow torture.

It's dumb, full of plot holes and heavily relies on mostly unfunny humor.
There is no moral core or solid narative. It's just a big terrible mess.

Nah, for the most part it's a fun watch. 5/10, maybe 6/10. The last movie I think I could describe as slow torture that I paid for would be Need For Speed but I say that with a heavy use of hyperbole. :lol

I kinda got to like IM3. I'd say I came to view TDW much the same way.

i would have had as much fun just watching music videos on youtube for 2 hours...at least the music would have been better.

i dont mean to say this in a typical "bashing a movie" way but Thor was kind of like watching something like GI JOE 2 or transformers or something.

this is for me the equivalent of seeing Green Lantern

genelic bad guy wants to do generic bad thing
genesic damsel in distress needs saving
geneqic hero must save the generic damsel, bla bla bla, needs help from geneyic friends, generic action scenes, genevic escape ensues
genezic hero fights at the end, all is well, nothing of value was lost. bla bla bla they kiss-the end

worst marvel movie to date. you can probably skip this one and you won't miss anything for the other sequels or new avengers.

Last edited:
genetic bad guy wants to do genetic bad thing
genetic damsel in distress needs saving
genetic hero must save the genetic damsel, bla bla bla, needs help from genetic friends, genetic action scenes, genetic escape ensues
genetic hero fights at the end, all is well, nothing of value was lost. bla bla bla they kiss-the end

worst marvel movie to date. you can probably skip this one and you won't miss anything for the other sequels or new avengers.

inigomontoya.jpg

Back