RATE or REVIEW The Last Movie You Watched.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
"Drag Me To Hell" - 7/10 - A solid enjoyable film! Loved the vibe, some bits genuinely made me jump and others had me in stitches

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

After Earth 7/10 it was not as bad as people said... quite watchable and enjoyed it..

Actually thinking about upping it to 9.5 :D

It's a great film and the technicolor is gorgeous. But that's no surprise since it's a Powell & Pressburger film :lecture

I can understand that. Can't wait to watch it. Just need the right day... where I won't get knocked out ! LOL.

R.I.P.D. - Not that bad/10.

I have been reading and hearing a lot of hate on this movie. Although it is certainly not the very best movie that I have ever seen, I did not think it deserved all of the bad rap it has been getting.

R.I.P.D. - Not that bad/10.

I have been reading and hearing a lot of hate on this movie. Although it is certainly not the very best movie that I have ever seen, I did not think it deserved all of the bad rap it has been getting.

Been there, done that. It's all psychological. If you're interested in a certain material (sci-fi for you in this case), for me it was history and Pearl Harbour specifically, so the movie of the same name, was passable because of all the hugely negative feedback it had received. On the flip side, if we went into the same movies, and everyone said they were great and hyped them up, much like I would say about Pearl Harbour, you would be saying along the similar lines, that R.I.P.D was really disappointing. Meh, that's my take.

What I am trying to say is I suspect I'll find it passable as well because of the aforementioned reasoning. Much like I enjoyed the Lone Ranger.

Sex: My British Job.

Documentary about illigal immigrant sex workers. Fascinating and very sad.

The setting of the film, the brothel, is just atwenty minute bus ride from me. Being so close intensifies the harshness of it.

Pearl Harbor is the ****ing worst. I hate everything about it. And that's coming from ME. The only Bay fan here. Yuck.

^^^Did you read Eli's post!? He's saying personal interests can make you think a movie was decent/alright that you normally would hate if you didn't have that interest i.e. he is/was into history and Pearl Harbor so that movie for him was passable. But for someone not into that.. they might just flat out hate that movie.

And it's true.

^^^Did you read Eli's post!? He's saying personal interests can make you think a movie was decent/alright that you normally would hate if you didn't have that interest i.e. he is/was into history and Pearl Harbor so that movie for him was passable. But for someone not into that.. they might just flat out hate that movie.

And it's true.

Also, if the bar is set very low for a movie and you go in thinking something is gonna be really bad, and it's not as bad as someone makes it out to be (like the Lone Ranger recently for example), then yes it comes off much better than it would have been if you were set up with high expectations. Psychology plays into a lot of things. Why people buy into the latest things. Everyone else loves this so I have to see what it's all about or I must have it. Like IKEA. I think they make cheap crappy furniture. My opinion. It's shared by few, but many adore that place. OMG! A new IKEA just opened up in my city! Yay I get to buy cheap particle board crap.

But I do love their detolfs. lol

The best is when people on my Facebook were popping up with frequent statuses... "I am having swedish meat ***** at Ikea. OMG! Soooo good." Thanks for letting me know. Hello 1989, ... Calling a friend from a pay phone. *ring ring* Friend answers, "Hello?" I reply, "Hello friend, I am currently eating a cheeseburger at McDonalds. BELCH!" *click*

End scene.

Rant - 6 out of 10 I have had better rants ... But yes, that's my point as well Dev. So many points. So little time.

Pearl Harbor is the ****ing worst. I hate everything about it. And that's coming from ME. The only Bay fan here. Yuck.

Good for you. I probably dislike it now. Tried watching it again, but couldn't. It was one of those movies, it entertained me with a first viewing, and that was that. Yeah, I get it, it was horrible to you. But that's exactly my point. When people say something is bad enough, sometimes, not all the time mind you.... sometimes your opinion of a movie gets swayed with or against the masses. Always tend to go against the masses... Meh. Probably why I collect SideShow and Hot Toys, because if everyone did it, it wouldn't be fun or personable. Anyway, back on topic (whatever that was at this point, I don't even remember), you go hmmm, now this was by far no where near a masterpiece, but it's not as cringe worthy as some of these guys make it out to be. Hey, I absolutely detested Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon, despite an abundance of strong reviews and Award nominations and wins. Guys prancing on tree branches and leaves... the predictable, I must avenge my brother's death or the person who I ate my tuna sandwich cliche that films like that come with. No thanks.

As Bodie would say, and only knows, boy bands, and well, that other thing... p.oop. Damn you Bodie, so much crap on here is censored because of you. lol Pretty soon we won't be able to use any words from the English language on here. :angrycanu

Last edited:
Back