RATE or REVIEW The Last Movie You Watched.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Rate The Last Movie You Watched.

No, he's a Spider-Man director for most people.

No I meant before Spiderman either no one knew who he is, or they just know he did evil dead,
and then even more people never even saw evil dead but know the pop culture references,
so he wasn't even that big of a name for SM, he became huge now because of SM, like you just said

Honestly man, no matter who directed it spider-man would be a success. You honestly think the average movie goer knows who sam raimi is?

Boll could have directed it and people would still go see it.

Actually, no. Spider-Man could've been a huge misfire, and failed. But it didn't. It won the critics and the audience over, and was a success.

Unless you're Michael Bay, if your movie sucks, word of mouth will kill you.

No I meant before Spiderman either no one knew who he is, or they just know he did evil dead,
and then even more people never even saw evil dead but know the pop culture references,
so he wasn't even that big of a name for SM, he became huge now because of SM, like you just said

Well yes, that's true. He was a cult director.

It's not like anyone knew Marc Webb at all before this either.

Actually, no. Spider-Man could've been a huge misfire, and failed. But it didn't. It won the critics and the audience over, and was a success.

while that is true,
there are better directors than Raimi too, so another director could have easily made a good SM film, who knows maybe even a Better SM movie than he did

Maybe critically, but financially it would have breezed by.

while that is true,
there are better directors than Raimi too, so another director could have easily made a good SM film, who knows maybe even a Better SM movie than he did

Sure. Anything's possible. Maybe Spielberg could've made it.

But he didn't. Raimi did. And he did an amazing job at bringing this character to the screen. You can bring up comic inaccuracies, but as a film it works for many people, and still does. That's why this film is divided. Not just by Sam Raimi fans vs. Non Raimi Fans...but with Spider-Man fans, and general film goers as well.

Plain and simple, the people who love this film, love the comic books. The people don't, don't care.

My only problem is, is the people coming out of the woodwork saying they've always hated these films, when they clearly didn't. Like Oscorp. He gave Spider-Man a 8.5 or something, and called it mediocre.

A movie that high is like a good movie, borderline great on the rating scale..:lol

It's like Prequel fans vs OT fans all over again...except with way better films on both sides. :lol

I've never picked up a spidey comic (grew up watching the raimi films and cartoon) and like the new one more, so your theory is not correct.

Sure. Anything's possible. Maybe Spielberg could've made it.

But he didn't. Raimi did. And he did an amazing job at bringing this character to the screen. You can bring up comic inaccuracies, but as a film it works for many people, and still does. That's why this film is divided. Not just by Sam Raimi fans vs. Non Raimi Fans...but with Spider-Man fans, and general film goers as well.

Plain and simple, the people who love this film, love the comic books. The people don't, don't care.

My only problem is, is the people coming out of the woodwork saying they've always hated these films, when they clearly didn't. Like Oscorp. He gave Spider-Man a 8.5 or something, and called it mediocre.

A movie that high is like a good movie, borderline great on the rating scale..:lol

It's like Prequel fans vs OT fans all over again...except with way better films on both sides. :lol

I personally liked the first SM, I did, I own it, it was a really good starting point,

Tobey was a bad cast I think, he looks too bulky, he can act but, I never ever bought him as spiderman,

the same with Mary Jane, they never made me believe they were those characters, but they were good in the movie.

Spiderman 2 was okay but I never understood why people love it so much, Im not saying is bad, but is not amazing either for me, my point is I never loved SM2 even when it came out,

in that case Andrew Garfield feels more like Peter to me, so that is an improvement,
also the spidey work looks better, the swinging looks better, so that was an improvement,
I mean, both movies are good, but those little improvements this one made do matter,
I still like the first one, I will own both the first one and this one

I didn't mean it like that. I should've said the latter is better then the Prequels.

ASM is a way better film then the Prequels, as that is the opposing argument. :lol

A Clockwork Orange - 9/10
Great film. It had been way too long since I last saw it. Must've been at least 10-15 years.

Back