RATE or REVIEW The Last Movie You Watched.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Rate The Last Movie You Watched.

Without Spider-Man, Batman, Superman, the motion pictures, none of what you like would exist. :lol The Avengers would never happen, and your web shooter Spider-Man would never ever exist. Ever.

I know people will hate me for this, but after the first half of Superman it's pretty awful. And I don't just mean the effects. The stealing the atomic bomb plot, apparently they just drive those around every week to give it some fresh air, Superman and Lex's big climatic fight in a swimming pool, the fact that he can erase anything that happens in the movie by simply flying around the world.

The first half is brilliant and Reeves is as perfectly cast as RDJ and few other superheros but the second half is pretty bad by any day's standards.

But it's not about that though. See, all movies have problems, but it's the overall effect the film has that makes it worthy.

Superman has some issues....but I'm sure at that time, it was the most stunning thing.

Just like Star Wars was. And as great as that movie is, it has some issues. But we overlook it because in it's whole, it's a great film.

I don't know man. I'm just getting tired of the hate for the old films. I really am. I may not think X-Men is as good as it was, but I can't call it bad because it set the bar for everything, and I respect it.

Sick of all these random people hating on the old films because a new one came out. Happened with Batman Begins, and it's happening now.

Kinda like all these random people hating on the new film because everyone ranks it up against the old ones?

Same thing happened with, Jame Bond (countless times), and it's happening now.

Never understood why people instantly shoot other things down just because they are new or different.

I'd say there's definitely more people unreasonably bashing the originals.

Well, it wasn't different. :lol

But you do know all the hate came from the Raimi haters before, right?

Hence why we got fed up with the bull____. And most of us were proven right, as were you guys. We all won.

My problem is the amount of credit people are giving Raimi. The things that worked work because they came from the source material. The things that didn't were things Raimi added like slapstick.

Was SM4 really sounding so appetising, Vulture sure, but Vulture's daughter Vultress? That was all his call no studio interferance. Where was Lizard. Why didn't he just save Sandman and do Venom a bit more justice? Why did he kill almost every villain? He made as many if not more bad calls then the studio who gave him millions and a great oppurtunity and he did it out of spite.

Same goes for his recycled plots, and now to help his case whats he doing? Remaking the Evil Dead. George Lucas the sequel.

Last edited:

Well, it wasn't different. :lol

But you do know all the hate came from the Raimi haters before, right?

Hence why we got fed up with the bull____. And most of us were proven right, as were you guys. We all won.

Sam Raimi has haters? :lol

His movies have honestly been MEH at best IMO. If you enjoy the older films more then good for you, I could honestly care less. . . Why does it piss you off so much that other's don't like or perfer AMS over the Raimi trilogy? :dunno
tumblr_m1yloadbPc1r73a3b.gif

Raimi still MADE the film....remember, he never wrote Spider-Man. Keep that in mind.

He still did direct, and bring the character to life, and created the first really big and great modern day super-hero blockbuster. You can call bull____ on anything you want, but it doesn't change the fact that Spider-Man started it all.

And Sam Raimi was the mastermind.

And honestly, it's not that he didn't continue to the series, it's that they re-did it so quickly, and didn't add anything new for people who don't read the comics.

Gwen as the love interest made no difference to me. He had a love interest. Could've been Mary Jane, could've been Squirrel Girl. But the story wouldn't change. He would be in love, and get the girl.

I mean, I get people want true the comics, but for something like this...they needed to bust out the big guns. Because a lot of people who grew up with the Raimi flicks, really don't see a big change.

Sam Raimi has haters? :lol

His movies have honestly been MEH at best IMO. If you enjoy the older films more then good for you, I could honestly care less. . . Why does it piss you off so much that other's don't like or perfer AMS over the Raimi trilogy? :dunno
tumblr_m1yloadbPc1r73a3b.gif

Because It never existed before this movie.

Sure, here and there a person would say something, but 2 years ago, saying Spider-Man 2 sucked was like calling Christopher Nolan a stupid hack on the level of Brett Ratner, today.

No one would have it.

And then suddenly, this reboot emerges, with web shooters, and Gwen Stacy. AND OHH MAH GAWD. Now they suck. I call BSSSS.

Always will too.

Your honestly believe they would have never made a Spiderman movie if not for Sam Raimi? Cmon dude.

Your honestly believe they would have never made a Spiderman movie if not for Sam Raimi? Cmon dude.

James Cameron almost did.

But Sam made it a success. So no matter how much you hate on his flicks, Spider-Man would've never gotten the praise it did without him.

I don't think it would've worked with anyone else. No one knew how to do it.

James Cameron almost did.

But Sam made it a success. So no matter how much you hate on his flicks, Spider-Man would've never gotten the praise it did without him.

I don't think it would've worked with anyone else. No one knew how to do it.

Honestly man, no matter who directed it spider-man would be a success. You honestly think the average movie goer knows who sam raimi is?

Boll could have directed it and people would still go see it.

Nope. They either respect, or they need to get the ____ out. :lol

Sick of all these random people hating on the old films because a new one came out. Happened with Batman Begins, and it's happening now.

Without Spider-Man, Batman, Superman, the motion pictures, none of what you like would exist. :lol The Avengers would never happen, and your web shooter Spider-Man would never ever exist. Ever.

the problem is that the first movies are made and then after we all see them, then the new people can see how to improve it,
it just the way it is, it just happens, the first of anything comes out and people with a fresh outlook take it and see how they can improve,

in that sense Batman Begins and Amazing Spider man are better,
well, not better, but improved, that is a fact, things do get improved after the first, that's just a fact bud

Honestly man, no matter who directed it spider-man would be a success. You honestly think the average movie goer knows who sam raimi is?

Boll could have directed it and people would still go see it.

plus people only know him from evil dead anyway, so he is just a horror director for many people, :lecture

But I didn't see any improvements.

I mean, the tone is a bit more serious, but I don't see that as an improvement.

The only things that I thought were actually, and done a lot better were the two lead actors, and some of the CGI.

The rest.....it wasn't much different to a non comic fan.

the problem is that the first movies are made and then after we all see them, then the new people can see how to improve it,
it just the way it is, it just happens, the first of anything comes out and people with a fresh outlook take it and see how they can improve,

in that sense Batman Begins and Amazing Spider man are better,
well, not better, but improved, that is a fact, things do get improved after the first, that's just a fact bud

Unless you are Joel Shumaker. :lol

Back