RATE or REVIEW The Last Movie You Watched.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Rate The Last Movie You Watched.

Hmmm - I may have to get the blu. I too love Father/Son relationship flicks, and Road to Perdition is one of my favorite.

It was a slow movie but the performances in the movie were exceptional , sad as well. Viggo really went all out for this one.

Cop Out - 9/10

Man this movie was awesome. I haven't enjoyed a Kevin Smith movie so much since Mallrats, and I haven't laughed for the majority of a film at the cinema since Pineapple Express. It's like the perfect homage (not parody) to 80s buddy cop movies. You can see elements of Lethal Weapon, Beverly Hills Cop, Running Scared and Another Stakeout all rolled into one - the characters, dialogue, music, one-liners, even the plot flaws.

I think it helps if you like Tracey Morgan (i frikking love him in 30 rock), and you're an 80s kid. If not, I imagine this movie would annoy you. It was great to see a film like this after so long. You could tell even Bruce Willis had fun making it.

the funniest (and cheesiest) thing happened during the screening. there were only 4 people in the whole theater, myself and 2 friends, and one guy on his own who sat across the aisle from us. freaky loner right? anyway, about half way through we were all laughing so hard, we high fived him across the aisle. it's rare that a movie makes you do that with a complete stranger (and potential schizo pervert). he must have been an 80s child too.

a movie like avatar would never have the same effect - i looked across the aisle from me during that and saw some guy with his dong out, painting it with blue nail varnish. must have been one of those guys who'd seen it 3 or 4 times (dramatization, may not have happened).

Hmmm - I may have to get the blu. I too love Father/Son relationship flicks, and Road to Perdition is one of my favorite.

Yeah, I will be buying on Blu. Looks exceptional and its a film worth owning IMO. Not one thats going to get a ton of play but will show to many people who havent seen it. I still need to buy The Proposition on Bluray...

Cop Out - 9/10

Man this movie was awesome. I haven't enjoyed a Kevin Smith movie so much since Mallrats, and I haven't laughed for the majority of a film at the cinema since Pineapple Express. It's like the perfect homage (not parody) to 80s buddy cop movies. You can see elements of Lethal Weapon, Beverly Hills Cop, Running Scared and Another Stakeout all rolled into one - the characters, dialogue, music, one-liners, even the plot flaws.

I think it helps if you like Tracey Morgan (i frikking love him in 30 rock), and you're an 80s kid. If not, I imagine this movie would annoy you. It was great to see a film like this after so long. You could tell even Bruce Willis had fun making it.

the funniest (and cheesiest) thing happened during the screening. there were only 4 people in the whole theater, myself and 2 friends, and one guy on his own who sat across the aisle from us. freaky loner right? anyway, about half way through we were all laughing so hard, we high fived him across the aisle. it's rare that a movie makes you do that with a complete stranger (and potential schizo pervert). he must have been an 80s child too.

a movie like avatar would never have the same effect - i looked across the aisle from me during that and saw some guy with his dong out, painting it with blue nail varnish. must have been one of those guys who'd seen it 3 or 4 times (dramatization, may not have happened).

Bad reviewer... BAD! :gah: :pfft:

Got two free passes to a special screening of Prince of Persia Wednesday night. It had an okay story, decent special effects, some cool sets, and a good cast. I would give it a 6.5 out of 10. It entertained.

Got two free passes to a special screening of Prince of Persia Wednesday night. It had an okay story, decent special effects, some cool sets, and a good cast. I would give it a 6.5 out of 10. It entertained.

Oh, wow....Two, FREE passes, you say??? Well, aren't you special. As the #1 Buffy fan, I'll probably get THREE, free passes. And according to my math, that's one more than you got for free. :pfft:

:1-1:

Eli, we need to do this more often. :exactly: :hi5:

Fantastic Mr. Fox: 6/10
Not really sure how I feel about this one. I enjoyed the visuals of it (animation was top-notch) and the voice acting was very good. But somehow the story, or at least pace didn't feel right. It wasn't boring or hard to watch, but I didn't feel much of a connection either.

So worth the watch, but not a movie I'll likely watch again or ever need to own.

I liked TFMF a lot, watched it with my kids and it went down rather well. I'd say about a 7.5 to 8/10 from memory.

The Road: 8/10
Really liked this movie. Yes, its slightly depressing but thats the story: Finding hope when all is in despair. Visually brilliant and Viggo is fantastic as always! Scene that really got me was when Viggo has the gun in the boys mouth when he thinks they're about to be captured and the boy cries saying "What will I see?!" Just a powerful scene that made me want to tear up.

Between The Road and The Proposition Hillcoat will be a director I will be watching.

The Road - 9/10

Loved it. :rock
That is a great movie, I'd say 8.5/10 and I know it's boring and every sad person says it... but try reading the book as well, you will not be able to put it down. And if you liked No Country for Old Men read that as well, both by Cormac McCarthy (then read the border trilogy, you'll love them all!)

Prince of Persia, the sands of time- 6/10, Hmmmm, not a terrible movie, just not a good one, and as easy on the eye as Gemma Arterton is, she was wrong for this part, her voice really began to grate on me after a while, far too 'jolly hockey sticks'.

Ichi the Killer 10/10 it was sick, bloody and awesome i loved it.

KICK ASS 8/10

This movie was great entertainment(one of my favorites so far this year), filmed in Toronto as well.

Dip and Sip Donuts was what caught my eye first(where Kick Ass saves dude from gang beats), that business is a good 10min drive from where i am.

The Imaginarium of Doctor Parnassus: 8/10
Fantastic movie... I already know I need to see it again as I think it will be even better now that I what's going on. Great cast and the story of how it was finished is really fascinating and touching.

Be sure to check out the bonus features afterwards :lecture

Prince of Persia, the sands of time- 6/10, Hmmmm, not a terrible movie, just not a good one, and as easy on the eye as Gemma Arterton is, she was wrong for this part, her voice really began to grate on me after a while, far too 'jolly hockey sticks'.[/QUOTE]

I don't know what it is about this film but I have no desire to see it until it hits DVD. Seems I'm not missing a lot by not seeing it in the theaters from what I'm reading here and other places.

Lost S6: 10/10 Well, they finally aired the finale of Lost last night over here. I'm sad that it's ended, but it was an almost perfect ending to an almost perfect show! :rock :rock :rock

Lost S6: 10/10 Well, they finally aired the finale of Lost last night over here. I'm sad that it's ended, but it was an almost perfect ending to an almost perfect show! :rock :rock :rock

:exactly: :goodpost:

Nice sig. :gun

awesome movie dude. have you seen tombstone already?

No, I still haven't seen Tombstone, but I heard very good things about it. I've never been much of a western fan up until about a year ago when I first saw Dances With Wolves, The Assassination Of Jesse James By The Coward Robert Ford and 3:10 To Yuma, so I got some catching up to do.
Tonight they're gonna show Once Upon A Time In The West on TV and tomorrow The Quick And The Dead, because of the Red Dead Redemption release last week. So I'll be watching those! :rock :gun

Inglourious Basterds: 10/10 I really love this movie! Been meaning to watch it ever since I got my HT Aldo Raine fig about 2 weeks ago! :rock :rock :rock :rock :rock

Back