RATE or REVIEW The Last Movie You Watched.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Rate The Last Movie You Watched.

Sanctum: 6/10

The acting was pretty bad, but still an interesting enough film and one I still enjoyed watching.

Hellraiser and Hellbound (at once) - 5/10

Was the first time I saw this "classic horror". Expected MUCH more!

The first one is very well filmed, has an interesting plot, great cast and nice efx... BUT it isn't that scary, mainly because of the faint visualization in the right places and pretty flat script. From the second movie I expected some answers to questions that original left... Got very boring, meaningless set of scenes and idiotic dialogues of blank characters.

As a result, this "classic" turned out to be another series with verrrry interesting ideas (through which it became a cult classic) that wasn't properly implemented on screen.

We Need To Talk About Kevin 9/10

Swinton gives a triumphant performance as does Miller.

Every parents worst nightmare!

I loved the direction and the questions this film poses.

Hellraiser and Hellbound (at once) - 5/10

Was the first time I saw this "classic horror". Expected MUCH more!

The first one is very well filmed, has interesting plot, great cast and nice efx... BUT it isn't that scary, mainly because of faint visualization in the right places and a flat script. From the second movie I was expecting answers to questions that original left... Got very boring, meaningless set of scenes and idiotic dialogues of some blank characters.

As a result, this "classic" turned out to be another series with verrrry interesting ideas (through which it became a cult classic) that wasn't properly implemented on screen.

you have to put the first Hellraiser into context; when it came out there wass nothing like it and though not scary it was disturbing to a lot of people - people do not like their fetish sex and murders together like that. The first movie is fantastic and the second is passible but again it's all context.

you have to put the first Hellraiser into context; when it came out there wass nothing like it and though not scary it was disturbing to a lot of people

I understand this perfectly!

"... series with verrry interesting ideas through which it became a cult classic..." :wink1:

We Need To Talk About Kevin 9/10

Swinton gives a triumphant performance as does Miller.

Every parents worst nightmare!

I loved the direction and the questions this film poses.

I've been waiting to see this since it hit the festivals early last year. It never made it to any theaters around here and it's still not out on bluray. Glad to hear the good report.

I've been waiting to see this since it hit the festivals early last year. It never made it to any theaters around here and it's still not out on bluray. Glad to hear the good report.

Yes exactly, me also.

I just couldn't wait for the bluray release so I was a little naughty :monkey3

You will enjoy it I feel sure of that.

It is a disturbing watch.

I wasn't interested because I confused it with some indi drama about a dumb kid who was emo and cried about nothing.

But now that I've looked it up, I want to see that. It seems really powerful.

I wasn't interested because I confused it with some indi drama about a dumb kid who was emo and cried about nothing.

But now that I've looked it up, I want to see that. It seems really powerful.

Yes that would be a real shame to write it off. I found it incredibly powerful and being a parent myself had alot of sympathy with Swintons character.

This film poses alot of interesting questions

GI Joe ... 5 or 6/10.

Wasn't quite as bad as I'd heard. Watchable. Not nearly as good as The A-Team, though (it is a crying shame they're not making a sequel to that one).

A-Team had a much better tone for this type of movie ... good action, compelling actors, not overly serious. Tatum is not a very compelling lead. He's a weird mix of taking himself too seriously, and not being a good enough actor to carry serious scenes. The whole thing was WAY too sci-fi ... GI Joe military technology should be based in reality. No need for laser guns when regular guns will suffice ... again, like The A-Team. The mix of sci-fi technology (which can't be taken seriously), and acting that was humorless just didn't feel right.

Basically, the movie was OK. A-Team was the movie that GI Joe should've been. It sounds like they may be making some good course corrections for the sequel, though, particularly with Rock and Willis involved. I'm willing to give GI Joe 2 a chance.

SnakeDoc

The A-Team is the most underrated action movie of the decade. It does exactly what it should've, and has some great acting, and action.

Also, great directing from Joe Caranahan.

The A-Team is the most underrated action movie of the decade. It does exactly what it should've, and has some great acting, and action.

Also, great directing from Joe Caranahan.

Agreed, unfortunatley movie re-makes have proven to be bad business. I think people have grown tired of the lack of new ideas coming out of hollywood, and so they basically just assume that many of these movies are just going to suck. I also thought Fright night was very good, and it also did bad. I won't lie even I waited for it to come out on video b/c I was ceertain it would suck, no pun intended (I know lame:slap).

oh yeah

Ghost Rider Spirit of Vengeance 6/10...... meh

Back