RATE or REVIEW The Last Movie You Watched.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Rate The Last Movie You Watched.

Journey 2 - 5/10. Some truly cringe worthy dialog by everyone...but the Rock. Seems like he's smart enough to keep all the good dialog for himself, and stick the flunkies with the bad lines. He did a decent acting job too, and the 3D was reasonable. But the overall plot was weak, and there wasn't much character development. I should have cared more about Michael Caine - it's Michael Caine for God's sake!

So is it supposed to be a sequel to the 3D Journey To the Center of the Earth?

What's Your Number? - 4/10 (Chris Evans is better than this movie although Anna Faris seems to be right at home)

Cowboys and Aliens 7/10

Better than I was expecting, mostly because of the characters. I guess all the negative reviews had me thinking it would be worse than it was. A review said that the first 20 minutes or so were solid and that it could have been an awesome movie if they just kept going in that direction. But when the aliens showed up, the movie went downhill. I agree everything before the aliens was excellent. I thought all the characters and the town interactions were great. And all that carried on throughout the rest of the movie. Now, everyone is right that the aliens in concept were half-baked. All the sequences with the cowboys fighting the aliens were a bit of a bore. Unfortunately that all dominates most of the movie. It felt very generic and unremarkable.

But all the characters were fantastic. I would love to have a tv series with those characters, and no aliens. Dollarhyde was custom made for Harrison Ford. I'm so glad to see him finally playing a character worthy of him after all these years of him taking embarrassing roles. That's who I picture the Raiders of the Lost Ark Indy to have aged into, not the Crystal Skull Indy.

Julia's Eyes 9/10

WOW. Great film. Very suspensful, reminding me of a modern Hitchcock masterpiece. I'll be buying this soon. Really good movie.

I just watched Event Horizon (thanks to this thread) and really enjoyed it. Any recommendations for other movies like this one (old or new)? :wave

Take Shelter - 9/10

To anyone who hasn't seen Nichols first movie, Shotgun Stories, I heavily recommend it. Just as superb a movie as Take Shelter.

Kung Fu Panda 2. Great movie, great story, moving scenes and great visuals but way too short. 9/10

Journey 2 : the mysterious island in 3D - 7/10

i got free tickets and didn't expect much but it really enjoyed it , their isn't much story and the movie is full of disney clichés but the cast was good and seemed to really enjoy making this movie, the rock was hilarious and vanessa hudgens is cute as always , finally the movie was visually stunning and had some nice 3D effects

vr4we9.jpg

I just watched Event Horizon (thanks to this thread) and really enjoyed it. Any recommendations for other movies like this one (old or new)? :wave

Pandorum is also a must see

[ame]https://youtu.be/yMEhkTxs3_E[/ame]

Take Shelter - 9/10

To anyone who hasn't seen Nichols first movie, Shotgun Stories, I heavily recommend it. Just as superb a movie as Take Shelter.

Good to hear. I've been wanting to see Take Shelter but never got a chance to make it out to our theater that was playing it. Love Shotgun Stories and Michael Shannon.

Insidious 8.5/10 - The more I watch it, the more I love it!

Back