RATE or REVIEW The Last Movie You Watched.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Rate The Last Movie You Watched.

King Arthur: 7.5/10 Enjoyable film to watch once in a year or two.

The Wire, The Complete Series.

Without a doubt, 10/10. It deserves more. This is, by far, the most intricate, detailed, developed and touching television series ever produced.

I don't know where to begin reviewing The Wire, in fact I'd say I don't have the skills necessary to describe how important and substantial this series is, not just to television but to people. Actually, I'd say all I want anyone to take from this review is that they need, NEED, to watch this show.

It's been off the air for a few years now, but this series will not be forgotten. For those who don't know The Wire follows the lives of police officers, gangsters, drug addicts, school children, politicians, dock workers, newspaper writers and everyday people through the city of Baltimore.

I live 20 minutes outside of the city but this series made me realize how little I know about its people. My personal favorite seasons are Season 1 and 4, and by god, Omar is the coolest, baddest man to ever walk the streets. Come at the king, you best not miss.

I've been wondering about The Wire. I'm a big 24 fan and am looking for a new (or old) show to get into after Jack retires in a few weeks.

I am just getting into Burn Notice, which I've been very impressed with so far. I need to watch the rest of Alias (which I left off after Ssn 3, I think). The Shield is a possibility. Chuck, The Wire or Sleeper Cell (old Showtime series) have also come up as possibilities.

SnakeDoc

I did see it in 3D. I was disappointed when my wife told me that she bought the 3D tickets. But while watching it, I thought the 3D was the thing about the movie that was done the best. Nice depth without all of the jumping-off-the-screen-and-in-to-your-lap crap.

Good, glad to hear it wasn't totally crappy like most have said. I guess it's ones own opinion but I wouldn't want to sit through a crappy 3D movie for an hour plus if it wasn't done well.

I'm not an expert though as I've only seen Avatar, Alice in Wonderland, and Toy Story 1 and 2 in 3D so far. Liked all of those well enough though...

I've been wondering about The Wire. I'm a big 24 fan and am looking for a new (or old) show to get into after Jack retires in a few weeks.

I am just getting into Burn Notice, which I've been very impressed with so far. I need to watch the rest of Alias (which I left off after Ssn 3, I think). The Shield is a possibility. Chuck, The Wire or Sleeper Cell (old Showtime series) have also come up as possibilities.

SnakeDoc

The Wire is likely the best show ever put on television, don't hesitate. Burn Notice is starting to get stale, I still love the first 3 seasons though.

The Wire is likely the best show ever put on television, don't hesitate. Burn Notice is starting to get stale, I still love the first 3 seasons though.

Though I refuse to entertain the possibility that The Wire could be better than 24 ... I have heard people speak highly of it. I haven't heard very many people explain why they rate it so highly, though.

To be honest, I'm not even quite sure what The Wire is about or the nature of the series at all. Is it an action series? Character study? Cop drama? Are there any comparable shows that I might've seen?

SnakeDoc

What makes The Wire so good is that it the plot sounds just like a bunch of other shows that have been on TV, but it takes the story and characters places no other show has ever been. It is part character study, part expose, and totally the best drama series ever made.

As I said in the review, the series follows different facets and members of society - police officers, drug dealers, school kids, drug addicts, politicians - as they navigate and try to survive in Baltimore. It is NOT an action series, but it certainly has violent, incredibly intense moments, easily comparable to Saving Private Ryan or moments from The Departed.

I'd say watch those other shows first. After you watch The Wire, you'll find them far less entertaining.

The Descent 6/10

Kinda cheesy and not very scary. I went into this with fairly high expectations since everyone I knew liked it so much. The sfx were nice though, except for a few instances in which it was obvious green screen and cgi were used to fill out the cave environment.

I am curious about the sequel. Might give it a shot sometime.

Clash of the Titans 3D - 7/10

it entertained me. i was expecting the worst after all the reviews. so that (and not being a massive fan of the original) maybe made me enjoy it more. still think the dialogue was terrible in some places, could have been longer with more action/adventure, and that sam worthington doesn't have the charisma yet to carry a film on his own.

the most disappointing thing i guess was that Argos looked nothing like our local one. No stacks of catalogues, crap chav jewellery or mass of plebs. although the dirty skinny cockney guy on crystal meth spouting the end of the world was a pretty accurate touch. kudos to the researchers.

my mother said to me after seeing it herself, "the cracker was better than i expected". i really hope she didn't sit there for the majority of the film thinking the hell hades was going to unleash was a wife-beater wearing drunk redneck trying to run over the citizens of argos in his pickup truck.

Apocalypto - 8/10 A much more simplistic action/adventure story than I was anticipating but compelling nonetheless.

District 9 - 9.5/10 Watched it a second time. Still astoundingly good on so many levels.

Last edited:

Apocalytpo - 8/10 A much more simplistic action/adventure story than I was anticipating but compelling nonetheless.

Loved it. Didn't even need the subtitles to understand it. Well acted, well shot, awesome movie.

Clash of the Titans 2010 - 6/10

Could have been longer with more character development and fighting.

The original is still better.

Bourne Ultimatum 10/10

Perfect in every way, best Bourne for me and i hate to say it but this beats any Bonds for me also :D

Bourne trilogy is one of the best productions in recent times. Perfect in so many levels.

Loved it. Didn't even need the subtitles to understand it. Well acted, well shot, awesome movie.

Have to agree... I was completely surprised by this movie. I didn't really give it a second thought, but gave it a watch when it was on TV.

F'n brilliant movie :rock

Back