RATE or REVIEW The Last Movie You Watched.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Christine: 9 out of 10- A masterpiece.
John f'n Carpenter managed to make a fantastic movie from something that in lesser hands could've been so bad that it was laughable. A demonic car that kills people is ridiculous but John Carpenter managed to make it believable and scary with some amazing images, editing, effects and music. The actors are also really good here. The only thing holding this back from a 10 is the somewhat by the numbers plot with the final encounter.

The Conjuring 2: 4 out of 10- The first was alright, this one is terrible by comparison.
Jump scares, bad horror movie editing, too elaborate of a plot for a ghost movie, and bad modern effects. The cinematography was serviceable and the acting was good though, I can't fault the actors.

Silver Bullet: 5 out of 10- Not as good as I remembered it as a kid.
The acting is the best thing here with Gary Busey carrying the whole movie by himself. Corey Haim is not great, but I liked Everett McGrill and Megan Follows. The effects can be good but the full Werewolf at the end was shown too much and just looked bad. The worse part is the writing, directing and the unnecessary narration.

Skyscraper - 4.5/10

7/10 (as unintentional comedy)

Gives new meaning to the phrase "Feet don't fail me now."

Entertaining, but probably not as intended.

Look for the scene that is best described as Mission Impossible, if Ethan Hunt had to shop at the Dollar store.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

TLJ 0/10

I tried to watch it for a second time, given it zero because I only got as far as the Poe/Hux comms prank and in that moment the awful acting/plot/writing came flooding back and I just couldn't face watching any more.

TLJ 0/10

I tried to watch it for a second time, given it zero because I only got as far as the Poe/Hux comms prank and in that moment the awful acting/plot/writing came flooding back and I just couldn't face watching any more.

I’ve thought about rewatching this several times since it came out on blu but every time I do I run thru the movie in my mind and just can’t bring myself to buy or rent it. Too many cringe worthy scenes for me to be able to remotely enjoy it including the Poe/Hux scene. :monkey2

Incredibles 2
5:10 really nothing special
Plexworthy :No
Rewatchability: 2/10

Sent from the inside of a giant slug in outer space.....

I’ve thought about rewatching this several times since it came out on blu but every time I do I run thru the movie in my mind and just can’t bring myself to buy or rent it. Too many cringe worthy scenes for me to be able to remotely enjoy it including the Poe/Hux scene. :monkey2

yes. i would rather watch Death Blow. so sad to have the entire anticipation and movie fail. i know JJ is going to dominate with the last one ;)

Re-watched the Captain America trilogy the past couple of nights

TFA - 7/10
TWS - 9/10
CW - 9/10

I could maybe even up each score by one. Very good trilogy, even the weakest one is good.

Re-watched the Captain America trilogy the past couple of nights

TFA - 7/10
TWS - 9/10
CW - 9/10

I could maybe even up each score by one. Very good trilogy, even the weakest one is good.

Yeah, I think it's easy for people to lose sight of just how rock solid a self-contained trilogy the Captain America films are due to the larger Avengers and "20 film MCU" narratives. Having the same two writers for all three Caps really give them some great cohesion when watched together. The Bucky arc, "I can do this all day" CW payoff, etc. Great stuff.

Sometimes I can't understand contrarian viewpoints.

With the likes of say, Titanic, OK, I get that people can't abide the mushy stuff. With Captain America Civil War though - how is that not everything one can want from a Superhero movie? It baffles me that anyone can be baffled why we love that movie.

Sometimes I can't understand contrarian viewpoints.

With the likes of say, Titanic, OK, I get that people can't abide the mushy stuff. With Captain America Civil War though - how is that not everything one can want from a Superhero movie? It baffles me that anyone can be baffled why we love that movie.

Yep, totally agree.

Back