RATE or REVIEW The Last Movie You Watched.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Superman II - 9/10

Superman II (Richard Donner cut) - 9.7/10
Superman goes back to the diner after turning back time and KO's the guy who beat him up in front of Lois, but he has no idea who he is because it never happened.

The Transfiguration. It was alright, if you liked Let The Right One In and Only Lovers Left Alive, you might like this one too. 6/10

Superman II - 9/10

Superman II (Richard Donner cut) - 9.7/10
Superman goes back to the diner after turning back time and KO's the guy who beat him up in front of Lois, but he has no idea who he is because it never happened.

You lost me. He turned back time in STM.

I thought DMTNT was great and outshines that horrible 4th movie like the sun.

Yeah, it was definitely better than the last one, the mermaid one, but that isn't saying much for me.

There's very little I actually liked from DMTNT. I thought Jack's origin story was cool. Had they focused on that and Javier's character and made that the whole story line and scrapped all the Barbosa/daughter stuff I would have enjoyed it more.

Alien - Director's Cut

What can I say? The classics never get old. I don't normally rate
movies, but this is a 10/10. The two extra minutes in this movie is
where Ripley finds a still living Dallas and an apparently dead Brett
cocooned up, and in the process of being turned into eggs that will
have face huggers in them. If you looked up this theory on YouTube
or Google, you know what I'm talking about - in the absence of a
Queen to lay eggs, a Xenomorph can create an egg themselves.

One thing that is a mystery to me - Why are there Purina logos on
all the doors of the Nostromo? ;)

Alien - Director's Cut

What can I say? The classics never get old. I don't normally rate
movies, but this is a 10/10. The two extra minutes in this movie is
where Ripley finds a still living Dallas and an apparently dead Brett
cocooned up, and in the process of being turned into eggs that will
have face huggers in them. If you looked up this theory on YouTube
or Google, you know what I'm talking about - in the absence of a
Queen to lay eggs, a Xenomorph can create an egg themselves.

One thing that is a mystery to me - Why are there Purina logos on
all the doors of the Nostromo? ;)

I wish egg morphing was the only method of egg making. I like the Queen, but it just turns them into insects.

Blade Runner 1982 4K ULTRA HD HDR The Final Cut.Well I hate this cut mainly because I'M a fan of the Original 82 Theatrical Version which had none of the Unicorn crap in it.And Ridley Scott actually extended this sequence with original footage to make it the way he actually intended,YUK'.
BUT I have to say I have never seen Blade Runner like this before.Hard to explain how different the quality is in this version.It is breathtaking and I don't say this lightly.Just the Eye at the beginning of the film and the reflection lets you know immediately that this is going to be a new experience with this film.And it is brilliant far superior to Blu-Ray which you also receive in this 4 disc set.Along with Int version and 1 other version.SOUND,well crank it up because you can choose Dolby Atmos and my up firing speakers really had a chance to blow mind.My SVS PB16 sub loved every minute of it.They completely re-did the sound and it's incredible.
This set is way worth getting if you can run 4K.Even though after viewing the 4K you will probably never watch any of the other versions ever again.There is a cool documentary in this set but sadly it is only DVD quality?WHY?

Lost City of Z: 6/10
It was ok. Interesting true story, although they speculated a little.

Mother!: 7/10
It was an incredibly frustrating movie to watch. JLaw was always freaking out about what was happening and you were just as confused as she was. Then around the last third of the movie it all comes together and you understand what's going on. Very interesting overall, but I actually do wish I knew what the movie was really about before I watched it instead of discovering the meaning on my own towards the end. The "revelation" (even though there isn't a "gotcha" moment or anything) isn't adding anything to the experience. It's not a "twist" per se, like Sixth Sense or Usual Suspects. But I actually think the overall viewing would be more fulfilling if you knew the hook before hand so you can just enjoy watching it all unfold.

The Space Between Us
I had heard this movie was awful. It was kinda cheesy, but I liked it.
It got only one star. It cost 30 million to make, and it only earned 14.8 million back.
I stayed up way later than I should have to watch this, as I had to get up early the
next morning, but I'm still glad I saw it. It was less of a sci-fi movie than I would
have liked it to be, and more of a romance. At least there were no icebergs in it. :)

I know.. turning people into the actual eggs is far more sinister...

I'd rather get face raped by a facehugger and get my chest ripped open than the slow and probable agonizing process of being the nutrition of an egg.

That scene shouldn't of been cut, but again I understand it since it was a pacing choice.

Thor Ragnorock 8.5/10

Plexworthy: yes

Well, I agree with everyone that there is just too much attempt at comedy here....it falls terribly flat coming from Hela....

Banner also felt forced nerd level 100....

I did like it more than BP, but mainly because the visuals and Jeff Goldblum. The rock guy and his pal Meek were the funniest characters....

It got a .5 just for the Dr Strange additions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well, I agree with everyone that there is just too much attempt at comedy here....it falls terribly flat coming from Hela....

All of the humor fell flat from everyone on my first viewing. :lol

I've warmed up to that film a good bit but still agree that making it a full comedy was completely the wrong decision. Was funny when Loki called Strange a "second rate". :lol

Ragnarok 9/10
Predator 9/10 classic and real jungles etc.
Terminator Genysis - weii, only watched a few minutes - on hold but the original is best

Back