RATE or REVIEW The Last Movie You Watched.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
All of the humor fell flat from everyone on my first viewing. :lol

I've warmed up to that film a good bit but still agree that making it a full comedy was completely the wrong decision. Was funny when Loki called Strange a "second rate". :lol

I think the interplay between Loki and Thor worked , because they are brothers....the Sidekicks worked and of course JG was gold.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Disney Animation

Aladdin ---------- 8/10
The Little Mermaid - 7,5/10
Beauty and the Beast - 10/10

Thor Ragnarock : 6/10
Didn't like the full on comedy aspect of this one but some of it worked. Just wish it were more balanced but it had some great visuals.

POTC Curse of the Black Pearl : 9/10
Haven't seen this in a long time. Thought I'd watch it in anticipation of getting the DX15.

Dark Shadows (2012) - 5/10

You know, I used to somewhat like this movie back when it came out, but now I can just barely manage to sit through anything past the first 45 minutes. The beginning is OK but it really takes a nosedive afterwards with a dull atmosphere and Burton's recurring poor attempts at humor that mostly fall flat... just urgggggggh.

Thor: Ragnarok -- 6.5/10

I didn't like 80% of the jokes because they felt forced or too slapstick and wish we could have gotten a true Planet Hulk film instead of using it as a beat in the plot. There were some great moments here and there though, and Hela was fantastic throughout.

Baby Driver -- 6/10

Loved the music and how they incorporated it into the film. Jon Hamm was awesome, and Eiza González was yummy. Overall though, I didn't like it enough to understand why a lot of people were going nuts for it. The ending was stupid and I didn't like the main kid. There were some weird character bits in it at the end that didn't make sense--just there to keep the movie headed toward the **** ending. Oh, and Jamie Foxx's character was ridiculous. No one would work with someone like that.

Thor: Ragnarok -- 6.5/10

I didn't like 80% of the jokes because they felt forced or too slapstick and wish we could have gotten a true Planet Hulk film instead of using it as a beat in the plot. There were some great moments here and there though, and Hela was fantastic throughout.

Baby Driver -- 6/10

Loved the music and how they incorporated it into the film. Jon Hamm was awesome, and Eiza González was yummy. Overall though, I didn't like it enough to understand why a lot of people were going nuts for it. The ending was stupid and I didn't like the main kid. There were some weird character bits in it at the end that didn't make sense--just there to keep the movie headed toward the **** ending. Oh, and Jamie Foxx's character was ridiculous. No one would work with someone like that.

Baby Driver was fun, but Lucky Logan was a blast. You should watch that if you haven’t GZL. It’s great.

Baby Driver was fun, but Lucky Logan was a blast. You should watch that if you haven’t GZL. It’s great.

I haven't seen Lucky Logan yet, but it's definitely on my list. I so behind in watching movies that I'd love to take a few days off and just blast through them all. :lol

Thor Ragnarok: 6/10

CGI was sloppy, world looked to synthetic, story was ****, villain was a bore. Some of the Jokes were ok, the memory of the Valkeries coming to fight Hela was the coolest part and it lasted 15 seconds. Acting was OK (Ruffalo phoning it in as usual). Jeff Goldbluum was a waste.

I thought that you hated DC. :dunno

unless you’re not a fan of CW either?

BvS and CW are the same movie in their respective universe, more or less, and I'm not really a fan of either film (both are 5.5/10 for me). Friends and I were having a marathon last night and they made me choose between BvS and RO - I chose BvS because at least Affleck is entertaining in it, whereas RO is just a two hour waste of time.

I don't hate DC by any stretch, I enjoy all three of Nolan's Batman films immensely - but most of the DCEU falls flat for me with their frequent attempts to copy the whole "universe-building" formula because they think it works for Marvel so well.

Back