RATE or REVIEW The Last Movie You Watched.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's SOOO bad... yammy! :monkey3

I've seen a lot of bad films, we all have... but I think this takes the cake as one of, if not the worst I've ever seen. I think I'm so disgusted by it since I love HL1 so goddamn much and I can only compare it to that.

The Highlander film sequels are all bad, but there's different levels of bad. I saw the third film in it's entirety not too long ago and I thought it might be the best one after the first. Endgame had some good points, but Lambert was WAY too old to be Connor again. I didn't see the Source, but I've read it's horrendous.

I doubt that remake is ever getting done. I kinda looked forward to it since there was murmurings about it having the Queen soundtrack again.

The Highlander film sequels are all bad, but there's different levels of bad. I saw the third film in it's entirety not too long ago and I thought it might be the best one after the first. Endgame had some good points, but Lambert was WAY too old to be Connor again. I didn't see the Source, but I've read it's horrendous.
Source is waaay worse than TQ! Just trust me on this one.

Ever watched the animated series? :lol

Source is waaay worse than TQ! Just trust me on this one.

Ever watched the animated series? :lol

I vaguely remember seeing commercials for it.

TS is worse than TQ? I kinda want to go down the ****** Highlander film rabbit hole even further :lol

The only thing Quickening has going for it is the scene where Connor and Ramírez are counting the bullets they took.

Oh and the lulz at Ramírez saying REMEMBER fifty thousand times.

And yea the sequels are worse. Mario Van Peebles? :lol

I can take Mario... but why did an Immortal need illusion powers? :lol

Holy ****, you ever see the cut ending? :rotfl

The Immortals should of been just an unexplained anomaly that have always existed alongside humans.

There's one thing I really liked about HL3, was the effects of fighting on holy ground... which causes Connor's sword to explode.

1/5 Terrible. Only slightly better than drinking toilet water.

Ghoulies 2. I saw this in the theater as a kid and wasn't scared at all. Not once. Don't even remember any nudity that was basically mandatory for horror movies back then. Just crappy all around.

Jungle Book 8/10

The kid wasn't that great of an actor and the imax 3d was very dark and blurry for some parts. When it did work it was beautiful. I loved the overall style and idea of the movie. All the voice actors sounded so regal and bad ass (Scarlett Johanson was bad though)it was great to watch. I don't remember the cartoon at all but this movie had great moral lessons that fit in well with the simple plot. The movie definitely had some heart and soul which was refreshing. I wouldn't mind a lion king adaptation in this style. It truly was awesome seeing these big animals talk and have character.

I
Jungle Book 8/10

The kid wasn't that great of an actor and the imax 3d was very dark and blurry for some parts. When it did work it was beautiful. I loved the overall style and idea of the movie. All the voice actors sounded so regal and bad ass (Scarlett Johanson was bad though)it was great to watch. I don't remember the cartoon at all but this movie had great moral lessons that fit in well with the simple plot. The movie definitely had some heart and soul which was refreshing. I wouldn't mind a lion king adaptation in this style. It truly was awesome seeing these big animals talk and have character.

We already have a live action Lion King, it's called Hamlet.

Star Wars (1977)

Confession- I never really grew up with Star Wars. Saw the movies in 93/94 but that was decades years ago, and I couldn't rewatch now them due the lack of the theatrical cut of these movies in HD. I'm a firm believer of enjoying something in its' original presentation, so rewatching these movies with all the alterations is something I can't do without remembering the unaltered versions first. This all changed thanks to the fan-recreated "Despecialized Edition".

Anyway, to the review- I think the movie is quite enjoyable. Sure, the dialog can get embarrassingly corny and the Death Star dogfight went way too long but I think the story is quite engaging, aesthetics are beautiful and there's nothing that can be said anymore about the excellent score (which is what I enjoyed the most, actually). I'll be watching the second one tomorrow!

4/5.

Star Wars (1977)

Confession- I never really grew up with Star Wars. Saw the movies in 93/94 but that was decades years ago, and I couldn't rewatch now them due the lack of the theatrical cut of these movies in HD. I'm a firm believer of enjoying something in its' original presentation, so rewatching these movies with all the alterations is something I can't do without remembering the unaltered versions first. This all changed thanks to the fan-recreated "Despecialized Edition".

Anyway, to the review- I think the movie is quite enjoyable. Sure, the dialog can get embarrassingly corny and the Death Star dogfight went way too long but I think the story is quite engaging, aesthetics are beautiful and there's nothing that can be said anymore about the excellent score (which is what I enjoyed the most, actually). I'll be watching the second one tomorrow!

4/5.

You NEED to watch Empire next... I beg you.

You guys are setting me up for something. :lol

I think I did watched Empire, but that was 1993 when I was 6, I can't recall anything so it will pretty much be a brand new movie for me.

You guys are setting me up for something. :lol

I think I did watched Empire, but that was 1993 when I was 6, I can't recall anything so it will pretty much be a brand new movie for me.

I envy you in that respect; you'll be seeing it
for the first time! I can't count how many times
I've seen it, but I enjoy it every time. So many
great scenes, the action is awesome, and the special
effects are incredible! If you look at my sig, it's a
line from that movie.....

I envy you in that respect; you'll be seeing it
for the first time! I can't count how many times
I've seen it, but I enjoy it every time. So many
great scenes, the action is awesome, and the special
effects are incredible! If you look at my sig, it's a
line from that movie.....

Does it suffer from the abundance of revisions like Episode IV does? I'll be watching the original theatrical version btw.

Sooner than you'd think!

as long as we're doing Star Wars, Empire is one
of my top ten favorite movies of all time.
10 out of 10. It's fantastic. I'll never forget the
day I saw it in the theater during it's first
weekend being shown. I was awestruck. Absolutely
amazing movie.

I really didn't see the original trilogy until the early 2000s. Empire is the greatest sequel to a film I've ever seen. I think it completely outdoes ANH in ever way, and couldn't possibly be executed more perfectly.

I

We already have a live action Lion King, it's called Hamlet.

pssht, yeah let me know when hamlet includes some of the best disney songs and African lion action. Besides, jungle book was certainly not live action. I would never have mistaken that for real. It would have been interesting if the kid was done as an animated 3d cartoon character, maybe the movie wouldn't have relied on the kids acting as much.

Back