RATE or REVIEW The Last Movie You Watched.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The best parts of Commando are the infinite ammo scene where he wastes a small army without reloading, that and "let off some steam Bennett".

What copied it?

From countless 80's video games to Chuck Norris films, countless foreign films ,comic book characters, to a muscular Arnold running around shirtless shooting an M60 one handed...you know, like Rambo :lol Arnie did take a shot at Stallone/Rambo in Commando, when he says, "I eat green-berets for breakfast"....and years later in the movie Twins when he makes fun of Rambo's arm size :lol

Rambo 2 even affected the marketing of action pictures worldwide. By the dozens, various action-war pictures all looked interchangeable with one another. All you needed was a shirtless, enraged, muscled up guy with an M60 and explosions going off around him and the picture was sold. It amazes me how people forget how influential that film was during the 80's. It was like the blueprint for the one man army, that became synonymous with 80's action heroes.

Having said that, Commando is more fun because it knows how silly it is, and Rambo 2, tries to be serious.

Commando. :lol

That's kind of true.

According to the November 2012 issue of Empire magazine, director Mark L. Lester saw Rambo II and had the climax of Commando expanded to match the one-man-army excess of Rambo 2, which explains the M60 scene :lol

QNkl5Lb.gif
GM4gyee.gif

Superman Vs. The Elite

Having Superman's ideologies ridiculed in a world where bright undies and capes aren't cool anymore, this is everything Man of Steel should have been. Is it really taboo to adapt these kiddie cartoons into live-action movies?

5/5

Re: Rate The Last Movie You Watched.

Ghostbusters - 8.5/10 It's been ages since I watched this, since my early teens, it was hilarious! :lol

"I've worked in the private sector, they expect results" :lol

I forgot how likable the characters were, Janine was a cute, CUTE.

If I made a bullet list of all the cool things in this movie it'd be long, I've read how Aykroyd likes the paranormal, I could tell, Sumerian gods? :rock fake Sumerian gods but cool nonetheless :lol

The stay puft man was so bizarre yet hilarious, I never thought about it, the ****ing Sumerian gods let you choose the form of the destroyer of mankind and someone at that very moment happens to have an intrusive thought of a marshmallow man :rotfl god dammit :lol I love it.

So I was watching Superman Vs. The Elite (See review above) so I decided, what the heck, just watch BvS already.

Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice.

Inhales deeply.....

Exhales deeply....

1/5.

Commando. :lol

From countless 80's video games to Chuck Norris films, countless foreign films ,comic book characters, to a muscular Arnold running around shirtless shooting an M60 one handed...you know, like Rambo :lol Arnie did take a shot at Stallone/Rambo in Commando, when he says, "I eat green-berets for breakfast"....and years later in the movie Twins when he makes fun of Rambo's arm size :lol

Rambo 2 even affected the marketing of action pictures worldwide. By the dozens, various action-war pictures all looked interchangeable with one another. All you needed was a shirtless, enraged, muscled up guy with an M60 and explosions going off around him and the picture was sold. It amazes me how people forget how influential that film was during the 80's. It was like the blueprint for the one man army, that became synonymous with 80's action heroes.

Having said that, Commando is more fun because it knows how silly it is, and Rambo 2, tries to be serious.

That's kind of true.

According to the November 2012 issue of Empire magazine, director Mark L. Lester saw Rambo II and had the climax of Commando expanded to match the one-man-army excess of Rambo 2, which explains the M60 scene :lol

QNkl5Lb.gif
GM4gyee.gif

I always noticed the similarity and I knew that they came out the same year. First Blood II was out in May, while Commando was October. I guess they fast tracked it to capitalize on the muscle head, big gun gimmick and **** it out over a summer. Even still, Commando rules.

And yeah, when you said copied, the only thing that did come to mind was those Norris MIA movies. Never see any though.

I love Rambo FBII, but give the edge to Commando. It is so over the top. And the quotes..... endless quotes.

I agree. Matrix > Rambo

Last edited:
So I saw BvS again the other night. I had some free time, the deleted scene hyped me up, yadda, yadda, yadda, so I went in expecting to have a good time this... time (there's really no way around saying this). Over at the BvS thread I said that "the more I think about it, the better I find it"... Yeah, scratch that, for sure... The problems were even more glaring this time, because the novelty had worn off and all the surprises were "spoiled" this time around. My original score was a 5/10 and I think I'm gonna go 4-4.5/10 this time. Yeah, turns out, I really don't like it...

Superman Vs. The Elite

Having Superman's ideologies ridiculed in a world where bright undies and capes aren't cool anymore, this is everything Man of Steel should have been. Is it really taboo to adapt these kiddie cartoons into live-action movies?

5/5

Definitely one of my favorites. They did a great job adapting the story from the comics. DC's animation division nailed the characters better than BvS in several films and TV series. At least I have those to watch and cleanse my palate after the disappointing BvS.

Definitely one of my favorites. They did a great job adapting the story from the comics. DC's animation division nailed the characters better than BvS in several films and TV series. At least I have those to watch and cleanse my palate after the disappointing BvS.

Like I said, these filmmakers are too embarrassed to watch cartoons. The story was great, the villains were great, the drama was great, Superman was great. You really felt bad for him living in a world where everyone wanted "dark and griitty" heroes.

I'm just sad, this would have made a GREAT live action film and the Elite is a MUCH better metaphor of Superman's place in today's world compared to the BS politics in BvS. It's a sad, bizzaro world we live in.

Man, and people give me s__t for my ratings :lol

Alright, maybe 7 or 8. Still, I liked it. I tend to rate comedies on a different scale, because there are so few I like all that much. An 8-10 among dramas and action movies are classics, masterpieces, or something I can watch whenever it's on. An 8-10 on comedies is just something I'd see again. I don't rewatch all that many comedies. I'd rewatch that one.

SnakeDoc

Alright, maybe 7 or 8. Still, I liked it. I tend to rate comedies on a different scale, because there are so few I like all that much. An 8-10 among dramas and action movies are classics, masterpieces, or something I can watch whenever it's on. An 8-10 on comedies is just something I'd see again. I don't rewatch all that many comedies. I'd rewatch that one.

SnakeDoc

Well I think I gave Vacation a 7...but yeah, I just thought a 9 was maybe a tad generous :lol

Girlfriend hasn't seen all the Marvel Movies so we've been Marathoning those the last few nights.

Iron Man: 9/10
The Incredible Hulk: 8/10
Iron Man 2: 8.5/10

Also saw BvS on Thursday, pretty good watch and start up to the DCU. Still left me wanting it to be a bit more.

Batman VS Superman: Dawn of Justice: 8/10

Back