RATE or REVIEW The Last Movie You Watched.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I always noticed the similarity and I knew that they came out the same year. First Blood II was out in May, while Commando was October. I guess they fast tracked it to capitalize on the muscle head, big gun gimmick and **** it out over a summer. Even still, Commando rules.

And yeah, when you said copied, the only thing that did come to mind was those Norris MIA movies. Never see any though.

Well, here's a little history about those Norris films. After First Blood came out in 1982, James Cameron wrote the script for Rambo 2 in 1983, and his script was around for a few years while Stallone was busy working on a Rocky sequel. Meanwhile The Cannon group inc literally stole certain plot points from Cameron's script and made MIA 2 very quickly to get ahead Rambo 2 and they managed to release the film four months before the Rambo sequel...but the film didn't make that much money. :lol

I agree. Matrix > Rambo

Well, I still take Rambo over Matrix, mainly because of First Blood, but I still like Commando.

Well, here's a little history about those Norris films. After First Blood came out in 1982, James Cameron wrote the script for Rambo 2 in 1983, and his script was around for a few years while Stallone was busy working on a Rocky sequel. Meanwhile The Cannon group inc literally stole certain plot points from Cameron's script and made MIA 2 very quickly to get ahead Rambo 2 and they managed to release the film four months before the Rambo sequel...but the film didn't make that much money. :lol

Well, I still take Rambo over Matrix, mainly because of First Blood, but I still like Commando.

I've never once seen any of those MIA films :lol

I think the only film I kinda liked Norris in was Sidekicks :rotfl

Why the hell was Joe Piscopo the villain?

I've never once seen any of those MIA films :lol

I think the only film I kinda liked Norris in was Sidekicks :rotfl

Yeah I kind of like Sidekicks. It was like a parody of his films and other 80's movies, and the actress from Rambo 2 is in that film, and there's a sequence of her in Vietnam (again) and Norris playing his MIA character, so kind of ironic how that worked out :lol

Why the hell was Joe Piscopo the villain?

Well, it was a comedy and I guess they wanted a similar bad guy like the coach from The Karate Kid. Also, you might not remember this, but Piscopo got really buff in the early 90's for some reason and he was on a bunch of fitness magazines covers...then he got busted for using steroids :lol :rotfl

Spoiler Spoiler:

Yeah I kind of like Sidekicks. It was like a parody of his films and other 80's movies, and the actress from Rambo 2 is in that film, and there's a sequence of her in Vietnam (again) and Norris playing his MIA character, so kind of ironic how that worked out :lol

Well, it was a comedy and I guess they wanted a similar bad guy like the coach from The Karate Kid. Also, you might not remember this, but Piscopo got really buff in the early 90's for some reason and he was on a bunch of fitness magazines covers...then he got busted for using steroids :lol :rotfl

Spoiler Spoiler:

**** you're right it's the same girl :lol Been so long since I've seen it to make that connection.

And yeah, it definitely had all the nuances of the Karate Kid in there, but I think it was different enough to not just be a blatant rip off.

I do remember him being jacked in it, and some of his movies I have a vague memory of he was pretty jacked in too. Doesn't surprise me he got busted for taking them since it seems like he got bulked up pretty quickly from SNL. Plus, the steroid stigma didn't exist yet.

I'm so grateful we got a visionary auteur like Zachary Snyder to orchestrate the tremendous epoch that is Batman vs Superman. Dripping with ethereal divinity, It is a masterpiece of transcendent poetry, religious subtext, philosophy, and meaningful resonance throughout. Every frame is stylistically crafted to evoke the most enlightening of human emotions. This is true Kino at its peak, my friends.

I thank Zachary every day, for finally delivering us from cape****. And bringing us into the age of CapeKino.

The hordes of unwashed plebeians stand at the gates of eternity, and cannot even fathom the majestic splendor that Snyder has created in this unequalable tale of good and evil, and mankind's infinite quest in understanding his own humanity.

God Bless you, Zachary. The world doesn't understand what you've done here, and they may not appreciate your artistic sacrifice, but I know that you've forever changed cinema, as you have changed the world with this work of absolute art.

I see you Zachary. I see you.

Batman v Superman 10/10
Giordano_StMichael.jpg

Spoiler Spoiler:

That sucks. I kinda wanted to see it from the trailers.

I saw that a day or two ago as wll. It doesn't live up to its name, truth be told. It's not bad, but there's nothing new or original in the film. At 2 hours of running time, you'd be surprised as to how little happens.

True Detective Season 2: 7.5/10

It was pretty good. Much better than I was expecting based on the poor response the series got when it first aired. I thought it was in line with the pulpy, hard detective concept of the show. Perhaps people were just expecting the same kind of characters and structure from the first season? Or maybe because none of the characters had the same kind of “gimmick” as Woody and McConaghey’s characters? I liked that it was so different. There was a moment at the end of the first episode where all three characters that we had been following individually finally came together, and there as a kind of “hero” shot to the three of them, as if it was Captain America, Iron Man and Thor meeting for the first time. Pretty cool. Vince Vaughn’s gangster with a heart of gold character was great. I got a little tired of Taylor Kitsch’s inner struggle, but he was an awesome cop. I think Colin Farrell called him a God Warrior or something.

All in all I liked it. About the same as Season 1, but very different.

Hateful 8 - beautiful, great cast, excellent set-up, just-okay resolution. Still pretty great as a whole.

I'm not a big Tarantino fan, but the lack of talk about this movie has had me curious. Almost made a blind buy of it, til I came to my senses. It's funny, you put something in a Steelbook and I start wanting to buy it, even if I had no interest before, what a sucker I can be.

I'm not a big Tarantino fan, but the lack of talk about this movie has had me curious. Almost made a blind buy of it, til I came to my senses. It's funny, you put something n a Steelbook and I start wanting to buy it, even if I had no interest before, what a sucker I can be.

Not a fan either. I'll take Pulp Fiction and Kill Bill 1 and that's it.

I'm not a big Tarantino fan, but the lack of talk about this movie has had me curious. Almost made a blind buy of it, til I came to my senses. It's funny, you put something in a Steelbook and I start wanting to buy it, even if I had no interest before, what a sucker I can be.

I like his movies. His ego is almost visible on the screen at times but it usually doesn't detract too much. In this case it's more a matter of a brilliant first half leading to a relatively mediocre second half.

I'd definitely recommend a watch, if not a purchase. I preferred Bone Tomahawk.

I'm so grateful we got a visionary auteur like Zachary Snyder to orchestrate the tremendous epoch that is Batman vs Superman. Dripping with ethereal divinity, It is a masterpiece of transcendent poetry, religious subtext, philosophy, and meaningful resonance throughout. Every frame is stylistically crafted to evoke the most enlightening of human emotions. This is true Kino at its peak, my friends.

I thank Zachary every day, for finally delivering us from cape****. And bringing us into the age of CapeKino.

The hordes of unwashed plebeians stand at the gates of eternity, and cannot even fathom the majestic splendor that Snyder has created in this unequalable tale of good and evil, and mankind's infinite quest in understanding his own humanity.

God Bless you, Zachary. The world doesn't understand what you've done here, and they may not appreciate your artistic sacrifice, but I know that you've forever changed cinema, as you have changed the world with this work of absolute art.

I see you Zachary. I see you.

post-event-engagement-thank-you.gif

Back