RATE or REVIEW The Last Movie You Watched.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
2 Guns: 7/10

Fun, well made R rated action movie with Denzel and Mark Wahlberg. Great cast, and Bill Paxton, again, was great.

Ok.. I finally sat through 'Terminator: Genisys' :monkey4 :monkey4 :monkey4

In short - did not like.

The opening 8mins or so were admittedly pretty good - as others have noted I recall, but the rest was a frustrating mess. I thought the CG 1984 Arnold was very nicely rendered.. but so what. The movie is so redundant & painfully pointless, that any nod to Cameron's genius is worthless. It's like they took a leaf out of George Lucas' book of 'mirrors' & recreated umpteen scenes from previous T-films just to hook the public in for one more romp in the good old days, but with a 'new twist' this time.

**** off. :lol

T-5 is bad fan fiction. Arnold clearly wanted another roll in the hay for the sake of it, & bugger the legacy. Horrible casting. 'Pops' this, 'Pops' that.. **** me. How old is that Miley Cyrus doppleganger? She looks about 10 years younger than what Linda Hamilton was in 1984. The Aussie dude playing 'Reese' was ****house. - & explain this to me; 2029.. the future.. humanity reduced to living in the shadows like rats.. the resistance trying to fight back. How - in all of that misery, does a guy look like he's not only healthy, but a well fed muscle man with an active gym membership? Jason Clarke was quite good for what he was given, but what a concept. Matt Smith as.. ehhhhh. :lol It was hilarious how they recreated the 1984 section fairly faithfully, but cast the part of Kyle Reese with a guy that looks nothing like Michael Beihn - & bore zero resemblance in performance & tone.

Didn't like what they did with Skynet.

I really wish I hadn't watched the ****ing thing now. Anyway..

No score. Sorry.

Last edited:
Preach to the choir brother!

And yeah, almost every new entry in old franchises seems to be just that, fanfic.

I hope Predator is not.
Yep, it's shameful. I saw that 'Ghost Busters' trailer too. Sure - we have the original films to enjoy, & these are the new ones for a new generation (as the proponents of that view will eagerly espouse :lol), but what does that actually say? That producing awful, sub par, dumbed down, convoluted content for the sake of keeping the cogs turning & the registers ca-chinging is a pusuit worthy of maintaining? Each one of these 're-imaginings' or 'new installments' is chipping away at new milenium Hollypoop's relevance in this world.

I'm SO glad I was born in the mid 70s.

Last edited:
Yep, it's shameful. I saw that 'Ghost Busters' trailer too. Sure - we have the original films to enjoy, & these are the new ones for a new generation (as the proponents of that view will eagerly espouse :lol), but what does that actually say? That producing awful, sub par, dumbed down, convoluted content for the sake of keeping the cogs turning & the registers ca-chinging is a pusuit worthy of maintaining?

I'm SO glad I was born in the mid 70s.

Hey! As long as it's entertaining and fun, right? Turn off your brain bro!

Ok.. I finally sat through 'Terminator: Genisys'

In short - did not like.

The opening 8mins or so were admittedly pretty good - as others have noted I recall, but the rest was a frustrating mess. I thought the CG 1984 Arnold was very nicely rendered.. but so what. The movie is so redundant & painfully pointless, that any nod to Cameron's genius is worthless. It's like they took a leaf out of George Lucas' book of 'mirrors' & recreated umpteen scenes from previous T-films just to hook the public in for one more romp in the good old days, but with a 'new twist' this time.

**** off. lol

T-5 is bad fan fiction. Arnold clearly wanted another roll in the hay for the sake of it, & bugger the legacy. Horrible casting. 'Pops' this, 'Pops' that.. **** me. How old is that Miley Cyrus doppleganger? She looks about 10 years younger than what Linda Hamilton was in 1984. The Aussie dude playing 'Reese' was ****house. - & explain this to me; 2029.. the future.. humanity reduced to living in the shadows like rats.. the resistance trying to fight back. How - in all of that misery, does a guy look like he's not only healthy, but a well fed muscle man with an active gym membership? Jason Clarke was quite good for what he was given, but what a concept. Matt Smith as.. ehhhhh. :lol It was hilarious how they recreated the 1984 section fairly faithfully, but cast the part of Kyle Reese with a guy that looks nothing like Michael Beihn - & bore zero resemblance in performance & tone.

Didn't like what they did with Skynet.

I really wish I hadn't watched the ****ing thing now. Anyway..

No score. Sorry.

Terrible film for sure but still better then "Jerkassic Whoreld".
At least it tried to reboot an old franchise the right way and Arnold was entertaining.

__

Hey! As long as it's entertaining and fun, right? Turn off your brain bro!
9IoPl30_zpsb3b642f4.gif

Predator - 8.5/10
Predator 2 - 8.5/10

"Not a thing. Not a ****ing trace. No blood, no bodies... We hit nothing"

"Billy: I'm scared Poncho.
Poncho: Bull****. You ain't afraid of no man.
Billy: There's something out there waiting for us, and it ain't no man.
"

Harrigan's reflection against a taxidermy shopfront.

Danny's necklace hanging from a tree in the cemetery as a token of respect, and a taunt?

So ****ing gooooood. Tension sold through seeing resourceful, capable, smart, battle hardened men get increasingly scared by something that surpasses the scope of their experience, that in itself is very engaging without getting so much as a glimpse of the Predator.

I ****ing love these 2 movies. I don't remember whether if it was Predator or Aliens the 1st movie I saw as a kid, but the Predator is my favorite of the 2.

None of that post-Predator 2 noise for me though, thanks.

predator-DI-2.jpg

Back