RATE or REVIEW The Last Movie You Watched.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Brometheus - 4/10 I had to >>>> some parts of it, it's a pretty bad movie.

Scientists that act the opposite to how scientists would act to satisfy scientific curiosity, and are literally dudebros and hipsters, the script was not all bad but it did have some pretty dumb, plot breaking moments.

I love Ancient Astronauts-type tinfoil hat crap, but there is little in this movie that carries it for me, I liked many of the concepts shown in here, I don't mind the way they tried to explain the origin of the Xenos, "created by the gods", not too shabby, shame the movie was pretty bad.

David was by far the best part of the movie.

Alien: Buttvenant is going to be even worse.

He really is, so you'd say you're Fassbender-kin?

I can't wait to see McBeth and Assassin's Creed.

Dunno, I think that might be the case. I'm already just as handsome and charismatic as him, so it's probaly just a matter of coming to terms with it...

Macbeth was pretty great, if somewhat peculiar. They talked as if they were playing on a stage and while it did make for an interesting film, it was more like watching a high-budget college movie. Still, I did really like it, in the 8-9/10 range, but it's not something the average joe would find enjoyable. You need an open mind. As for AC, while I got a little bored with the franchise the last few years, I'm very much looking forward to it.

PS: Currently watching "The Lobster". Peculiar, and enjoyable. Definitely a step up from Lanthimos' previous film "Dogtouth".

Dunno, I think that might be the case. I'm already just as handsome and charismatic as him, so it's probaly just a matter of coming to terms with it...
Ah, the struggle, I hear you. I go through the same every day, I look like Antonio Banderas in Desperado. It's tough.

Macbeth was pretty great, if somewhat peculiar. They talked as if they were playing on a stage and while it did make for an interesting film, it was more like watching a high-budget college movie. Still, I did really like it, in the 8-9/10 range, but it's not something the average joe would find enjoyable. You need an open mind. As for AC, while I got a little bored with the franchise the last few years, I'm very much looking forward to it.

PS: Currently watching "The Lobster". Peculiar, and enjoyable. Definitely a step up from Lanthimos' previous film "Dogtouth".
Yeah Shakespearean stuff can be tough to sit through, but this one has pretty colors, and I liked Romeo+Juliet from 1996.

I don't care about the AC games either, but the movie looks interesting, even more so with Fass.

Ah, the struggle, I hear you. I go through the same every day, I look like Antonio Banderas in Desperado. It's tough.

I know, right? It's so tough being extremely handsome, charismatic and energetic. Sometimes I envy those poor, average joes. Superiority has its burdens you know...

Yeah Shakespearean stuff can be tough to sit through, but this one has pretty colors, and I liked Romeo+Juliet from 1996.

I don't care about the AC games either, but the movie looks interesting, even more so with Fass.

Oh yes, the cinematography is brillliant. The final battle especially is beautifully shot and edited.

Thing is, the Abstergo/End of the World storyline got far too muddled. They should have just made them historical pieces.

The Signal (2014) - 7.5/10

This movie has a lot going for it - great little cast, a mishmash of a few genres that works, a few cool surprising moments, very spare but excellent use of special effects - and then blows it on a really, really stupid ending.

I'd still recommend if you have an attention span and an interest in seeing some well-worn genre tropes presented in a fresh way. Curious to see what the director does next.

The Lobster: 9/10

Woo... Well, uh, this is certainly a... weird film. The monotone deliveries meant to represent the blandness of this world, the two extremes, the absurd punishments and rules, they all come together to create a surreal and at times highly uncomfortable world. The act of killing is an everyday occurance, with people having "chit-chats" while another person is screaming and slowly dying next to them. It's strange and it might be too "artsy" for some, but I highly enjoyed it in all of its twisted glory.

I'd recommend Branagh's Henry V, if your looking for a great Shakespearean film.

:rotfl

To whomever repped me, thank you, your comment made my day. I wish I knew who it was!

giphy.gif

Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban.
Re watch with kids.

Their favorite on of my least....
6.5/10

Twisted and truncated the book so badly the best parts of the book glossed over and omitted

Entourage: the movie - 2/10

So horrible actually makes me question why I ever watched the HBO show. The movie was pure character masturbation. Look how successful we all are!

My wife walked out halfway through, but OCD made me stick it out. She was the smart one.

You know it's bad when Haley Joel Osment was the best thing about it.

Well, the girl on girl stuff was good too.

Prison Break - Season 2: 8.5/10

Really intense and dramatic. I missed the aspect of escaping from Fox River that was in Season 1 but still a solid season.

Also, I never knew how good of an actor William Fichtner is. A fantastic performance.

The Martian - 7.5/10
Pay The Ghost - 6/10
The Witch - 7/10 - I was expecting a bit more from this. First time I've been in a theater where afterward almost everyone was booing or disgruntled. My woman hated it afterwards. :lol

Back