RATE or REVIEW The Last Movie You Watched.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I finally got around to watching RubberSchlepp 2014 -- 5 / 10

Just a pointless exercise really. Decent effects (sometimes), I liked Michael Keaton in it.. & that's about it.

An utterly forgettable experience, & a 'one & done' for me, needless to say. :lol

Yes, I was being generous. Truly, the only scene I enjoyed in the second half was the hooker scene :)

231sHx3.jpg

:lol

Cobain: Montage of Heck (6.5/10) I actually thought the bonus stripped down interviews with the family was more interesting than the doc itself.

The Martian: 6.5/10

I read the book first, so that probably affected my enjoyment of the film. I think they glossed over too much of what Watney had to figure out, and the time it took. I know they had to abbreviate and take out tons of stuff in order to make the movie, but because they would constantly cut back to Earth, you didn’t get the sense that Watney was really alone or in real jeopardy because you as the audience was always reminded of NASA working on his problem. In the book, you got a better sense of him being alone on the planet, how long it took Earth to figure out he was alive, and then how long it was for them to figure out how to talk to each other. Also in the book, it starts with Watney waking up alone on Mars, and it’s not til several chapters before Earth ever comes into play. When I was reading it I almost thought the whole book was just going to be him on Mars and that’s it and it was a surprise when we finally cut to Earth because we had spent such a long time on Mars. I think the movie could have benefitted from that—have it begin right away with Watney stranded and not introduce Earth til act 2 or something. Also, the time passage measured in SOLs worked better in the book because the time passage was really emphasized since everything took so long (traveling on the rover, etc.). In the movie, you see those numbers on the screen and it doesn’t really mean anything because the pace of the movie is so snappy. There was one time in the movie where they said “7 months later” and that really worked because it was a real number people could easily and quickly understand. Sadly I think dumbing down the SOLs to months/years would have worked better for this particular movie.

It was still okay as a movie, just much more conventional plotting and pacing. I did like seeing NASA type of technology in a sci fi film, particularly the Hermes ship. It was aesthetically close to what you would expect from reality and it was refreshing that they showed restraint and didn’t go too futuristic tech for everything.

Deadpool - 6.5/10
It was fun, could watch another couple times.

Half of the jokes where crap though, either too Waypool or too easy, but the other half were on point. Action was fantastic. Colossus and Negasonic were fantastic, Dopinder best character though :lol

The Martian on 6.5???? I read the book also and still enjoyed the movie more than a 6.5...

Ex Machina. 6.5

Basically a Frankenstein remake.....

Inside Out: 7/10

Good, solid Pixar movie with funny moments, likable characters, and a family friendly/heart-warming story. Sad to think about kids growing up, though :(

Brometheus - 4/10 I had to >>>> some parts of it, it's a pretty bad movie.

Scientists that act the opposite to how scientists would act to satisfy scientific curiosity, and are literally dudebros and hipsters, the script was not all bad but it did have some pretty dumb, plot breaking moments.

I love Ancient Astronauts-type tinfoil hat crap, but there is little in this movie that carries it for me, I liked many of the concepts shown in here, I don't mind the way they tried to explain the origin of the Xenos, "created by the gods", not too shabby, shame the movie was pretty bad.

David was by far the best part of the movie.

Brometheus - 4/10 I had to >>>> some parts of it, it's a pretty bad movie.

Scientists that act the opposite to how scientists would act to satisfy scientific curiosity, and are literally dudebros and hipsters, the script was not all bad but it did have some pretty dumb, plot breaking moments.

I love Ancient Astronauts-type tinfoil hat crap, but there is little in this movie that carries it for me, I liked many of the concepts shown in here, I don't mind the way they tried to explain the origin of the Xenos, "created by the gods", not too shabby, shame the movie was pretty bad.

David was by far the best part of the movie.

Fassbender is gold in everything I've seen him in. Shame, Slow West, Macbeth, everything! Margot Robbie might be my Celebrity Crush, but Michael's surely my... uh, male Celebrity Crush? Doe-does that make any sense?...I've been using Tumblr too long...

Fassbender is gold in everything I've seen him in. Shame, Slow West, Macbeth, everything! Margot Robbie might be my Celebrity Crush, but Michael's surely my... uh, male Celebrity Crush? Doe-does that make any sense?...I've been using Tumblr too long...
He really is, so you'd say you're Fassbender-kin?

I can't wait to see McBeth and Assassin's Creed.

Back