RATE or REVIEW The Last Movie You Watched.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
full metal jacket.jpg

10/10 - Awesome Classic Kubrick movie

Elysium - 8/10

Really cool sci-fi. Loved the grunginess of it. Some of the accents were hard to understand though. Mostly Krugers I think Australian accent and Spyders, with Jodie Fosters sounding very forced.

Can anyone recommend any other Sci-Fi movies or novels with this kind of semi-apocalyptic grungy sci-fi?

Elysium - 8/10

Really cool sci-fi. Loved the grunginess of it. Some of the accents were hard to understand though. Mostly Krugers I think Australian accent and Spyders, with Jodie Fosters sounding very forced.

Can anyone recommend any other Sci-Fi movies or novels with this kind of semi-apocalyptic grungy sci-fi?

I loved the production design, look and feel of Elysium, and Kruger especially, but thought the story was a bit of a rambling incoherent mess compared to District 9.

Recommendations? Here goes...

Movies:

District 9
Escape From New York
Stalker (1979)
Blade Runner
Total Recall (1990)
Dredd (2012)
Split Second
Hardware
Metropolis (1927)
End of Evangelion
Nausicaa of the Valley of the Wind
Akira
Appleseed
Ghost in the Shell
Short Peace: A Farewell to Weapons

Books:

I Am Legend by Richard Matheson
1984 by George Orwell
Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep, The Three Stigmata of Palmer Eldritch, Flow My Tears The Policeman Said and A Scanner Darkly by Philip K D!ck
Burning Chrome, Neuromancer, Idoru, Virtual Light and All Tomorrow's Parties by William Gibson
Roadside Picnic by Arkady and Boris Strugatsky

Elysium - 8/10

The only time you really can't understand an Aussie accent.. is when an AMERICAN is trying to do it. :slap :lol

Yeah cool, I know who he is (haven't seen the film), I just thought Nova was talking about some Aussie guy.

Hang your head Nova, you Brits are supposed to be quite familiar with our accents. :tap :lol

Yeah cool, I know who he is (haven't seen the film), I just thought Nova was talking about some Aussie guy.

Hang your head Nova, you Brits are supposed to be quite familiar with our accents. :tap :lol

You should watch it just for him, it's one of those films that makes the terminal error of having a villain about 1000x more interesting and relatable than the hero.

Back