RATE or REVIEW The Last Movie You Watched.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I heard American Sniper is is catnip for tea partiers.

Well it's a movie about a war that was unpopular with the Hollywood crowd to begin with, directed by one of the few openly right wing people left in the industry. Some people just get their political boner raging so hard that they can't sit back and enjoy a movie. I am glad that my mind doesn't function like that...it would drive me insane.

End of Watch- 7.5/10 Not gonna lie, my eyes watered a little bit

The Amazing Spider-Man 2. 7/10.

I'm not a fan of Jamie Foxx (although he was awesome in The Great White Hype) but I really liked him in this film. I wasn't expecting him to be as nerdy & awkward as he was at the start of the film, so that was a welcome surprise. & as Electro he was pretty bad-arse. I'm really not sure why Paul Giamatti or the character he played was even in this film. So, that seemed rather pointless & a complete waste of screen time.

But, overall, while not as good as the first, I still liked this as I think that Andrew Garfield still made for a very likeable Peter Parker/Spider-Man & Emma Stone was still equally likeable as Gwen Stacy.

Gone Girl - 7/10. Huge plot holes in a Lifetime Movie of the Week, but entertaining if you switch your brain off. Solid performances all around.

Lucy - 6/10. I love Scarlett, but otherwise a weak attempt at sci-fi philosophy.

Gone Girl Spoilers:

Spoiler Spoiler:

This reminds me of a movie (and I'm betting the book too) where someone came up with this cool idea for an ending, and wrote backwards. When things didn't quite fit, they merely glossed over it, more interested in creating the final scene than getting there cleanly.

So yea, it was entertaining, there's some solid acting, but the plot is poorly executed overall.

Well it's a movie about a war that was unpopular with the Hollywood crowd to begin with, directed by one of the few openly right wing people left in the industry. Some people just get their political boner raging so hard that they can't sit back and enjoy a movie. I am glad that my mind doesn't function like that...it would drive me insane.

End of Watch- 7.5/10 Not gonna lie, my eyes watered a little bit

Quite the contrary. Whenever Eastwood poops out a new movie Hollywood, critics, etc., fall all over themselves to give him high as the sky praise. I personally haven't ever seen an Eastwood directed film that I've ever liked and even though Eastwood's politics are right-wing most of his stories can be said to have more of a left wing bend to them.

Gone Girl Spoilers:

Spoiler Spoiler:

This reminds me of a movie (and I'm betting the book too) where someone came up with this cool idea for an ending, and wrote backwards. When things didn't quite fit, they merely glossed over it, more interested in creating the final scene than getting there cleanly.

So yea, it was entertaining, there's some solid acting, but the plot is poorly executed overall.

Spoiler Spoiler:

I may have to downgrade my score to a 7 as well, hmmmm, that's a 1st.

Quentin Tarantino's Death Proof - 4/10 and all four of those points are for Kurt Russell.

What a horrible, joyless, disjointed, incoherent, tonally-schizophrenic mess of a film. I want the two hours of my life back, frankly.

Quentin Tarantino's Death Proof - 4/10 and all four of those points are for Kurt Russell.

What a horrible, joyless, disjointed, incoherent, tonally-schizophrenic mess of a film. I want the two hours of my life back, frankly.

Kurt is the only reason to watch that.

Hobbit: Desolation of Smaug: 7/10

Really enjoyed it! I only saw the first one once in the theater when it first came out, so it had been a while for me outside of that world. Didn't enjoy it that much, which made me drag my feet in watching part 2. But I liked this one much much better than the first. Looking forward to the third one now.

Captain America Winter Soldier: 9/10

Watched it again. Wow. What a fantastic movie. And still makes me angry and dislike the first one even more.

I absolutely loved it !! So well made. Let me know what you think when you see it.
Fury.
Saw it late last night. I enjoyed it, but not as much as I was hoping.
It was difficult for me to believe in Shia Labeouf's character. His accent was really forced and I'm use to seeing him play a goofball character. But that's my fault for not being able to watch this with a clean slate. Jon Bernthal did a great job. He seems to be very good at playing an @ss hole. :lol

One scene that struck me as being weak... (spoiler alert)

Spoiler Spoiler:

But I understand the purpose of that scene. It's a turning point for the young soldier.

At any rate, the action was intense, and I enjoyed the special effects, but I can't see myself re-watching this again. 6/10.

Kurt is the only reason to watch that.
While I agree with you both, I will add that the final car chase was f00king awesome! :rock
Zoe Bell did her own scenes. Rightfully so as she is a stuntwoman and that entire sequence, with her on the hood, kept me at the edge of my seat.

Fury.
Saw it late last night. I enjoyed it, but not as much as I was hoping.
It was difficult for me to believe in Shia Labeouf's character. His accent was really forced and I'm use to seeing him play a goofball character. But that's my fault for not being able to watch this with a clean slate. Jon Bernthal did a great job. He seems to be very good at playing an @ss hole. :lol

One scene that struck me as being weak... (spoiler alert)

Spoiler Spoiler:

But I understand the purpose of that scene. It's a turning point for the young soldier.

At any rate, the action was intense, and I enjoyed the special effects, but I can't see myself re-watching this again. 6/10.

Wow, that low hey ? I know what you mean about that scene, but it didn't bother me at all. I just really loved the movie for some reason. I love WWII movies in general though.

While I agree with you both, I will add that the final car chase was f00king awesome! :rock
Zoe Bell did her own scenes. Rightfully so as she is a stuntwoman and that entire sequence, with her on the hood, kept me at the edge of my seat.

Zoe Bell was the only character I liked in the whole thing, and even then she a) stole someone's valuable car to perform a dangerous stunt with, and b) left her friend alone with a potential rapist.

Someone tell Quentin that while not all films need likeable characters, even flawed and morally-ambiguous characters need something approaching a redeeming feature for the audience to connect with, even if it's just a charismatic personality. They also need to be consistent, which Stuntman Mike certainly wasn't - apropos of nothing turning into a blubbering, whimpering mess over being shot in the arm and encountering some small degree of resistance.

But yes, that final car chase was pretty fantastic.

Back