RATE or REVIEW The Last Movie You Watched.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
5/10 Snowpiercer

I can see why it has a 95% rotten rating, but I personally didn't like this movie. Good actors, interesting story, but the way the director made this movie is just WEIRD, like he made it for the sake of being weird.

4/10 Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (2014)

It is EXACTLY what you would expect a Michael Bay TMNT movie to be. Everything is over the top and just silly which might be ok, but the dialogue and jokes are just so corny, its like its aimed at 10 year olds. Shredder is pretty cool though, may be the only reason I would want to watch the second one...

Prometheus - 10/10

I really thought that this was going to be a horrible movie, given all of the negative reaction from Alien fans over the years. But, I finally had the chance to watch it on Blu last night, and I thought it was intelligently written. The philosophical questions about human origin were left unanswered, and instead, it's up to the viewers to formulate their own ideas and theories. I can appreciate that the film didn't spoon-feed all of the answers, and it actually required viewers to think after watching it. Although I'm very much looking forward to a sequel, there doesn't even need to be a Prometheus 2, in my opinion.

The film was visually stunning on Blu, and the surround sound quality was phenomenal.

:hi5: Gold star for you! 10/10 for me as well.

Paul 9/10 I love this movie :lol

Greame: "How come I can understand you? Are you using some sort of neuro-language router?"
Paul: "Actually, I'm speaking English, you ****ing idiot" :rotfl

o_pfn_067_015_v051_screen_grab_tiff_v001_0055R.jpg

Yeah, I know what you mean. :lol

I do appreciate / like some of the classics like the original Halloween & NOES etc. I just can't handle the occult / demonic stuff - at all.

One of my faves though, is 'Phenomena'; the 1984 Dario Argento film with Jennifer Connelly as the title character. It's a ****ing strange movie, but it instantly struck a chord with me the first time I saw it, so I bought the 30th anniversary release with the original poster art & other stuff like a booklet & giant poster.

That said, I'm no horror fan really.

Yeah I think it's cause I have had some bad experiences seeing some of those things at a young age :lol

It has scarred me for life.

I must admit that I can do a few of the spirtiual horrors, but I have to be super careful as to what. I bought Evil Dead remake, and I can't bring myself to play it. Same goes for conjuring. As for things like demonic based and what not, yeah I'm good. I'd say it's cause I'm Catholic, but some of that **** just creeps me out to the max.

I just saw Texas Chainsaw with Alexandra Daddario :drool:drool, so I can handle that. All the other stuff I'll gladly pass. Thank you! :lol

As to stay on topic:

Iron Man 2 - 8/10

I enjoy this film. Probably not for the right reasons. Reasons? Well I like the fact we got a War Machine, I enjoyed the little teaser of Cap's shield, Scar Jo was the hottest in this film as Widow over all other ones, and I rather like Mk. V. I know, I know, what the **** is wrong with me? :lol

Though Whiplash could've been 1000 times better, and with a different actor, kind of crazy that he had to succeed over Bridge's Stane.

I went through a stint in 90s of doing a similar thing. I rented as many horror films as a I could to get up to speed with what I'd missed as a kid wandering through video stores & seeing these frightening VHS tape covers & trying to imagine what they'd be like. :lol

I have tried this, and it is really hard because most horror movies are awful... for every One good horror movie there are like 30 crappy ones, I swear. When horror movies are good, they are great, they are amazing. But when they suck, they REALLY suck (Makes you want to destroy your Blu Ray player)
I have tried to watch as much as I can but to be honest it is tiring for me. I can forgive a comedy or an action movie for being bad because at least there will be some funny jokes or some cool action scenes.
But bad horror is just bad all around.

So many blood-curdling visuals in that franchise. I mean, who could ever come up with something like this?

hellraiser-julia-10.jpg

That Barker is one sick puppy. :lol

well, coming up with disgusting crap is not really that hard, I mean, Imagine I make a thread right now about coming up with the most disgusting and vile creatures or costumes for movies and I am sure if we all got together we would come up with some horrible stuff if we had to (Like if money was involved or if I was giving out a prize for the most disgusting)
Imagine I was giving out a HT figure for the worst creation, most of you wouldn't have a problem coming up with something with the right motivation :lol

the thing that makes him a creep in some aspects is, Who thinks about that all the time? or who goes around life having that stuff int their minds. :lol I don't mean any disrespect to him and his stories and books, but yeah that's f.ed up. Imagine waking up thinking about that stuff and then going to bed at the end of the day still thinking about that.... jeez

The hobbit: Battle of the five armies 9/10 I enjoyed it, minor cons would be not very long playtime, and not enough main dwarves died.

I have tried this, and it is really hard because most horror movies are awful... for every One good horror movie there are like 30 crappy ones, I swear. When horror movies are good, they are great, they are amazing. But when they suck, they REALLY suck (Makes you want to destroy your Blu Ray player)
I have tried to watch as much as I can but to be honest it is tiring for me. I can forgive a comedy or an action movie for being bad because at least there will be some funny jokes or some cool action scenes.
But bad horror is just bad all around.
Yep.

If there's anything I've learned in the past 2 and a half months of watching over 60 horror films, it's that the horror genre mostly sucks. And I mean really, really sucks. I don't normally rate movies as low as 4-3 out of 10, but yeesh. What's even crazier is how many people rate some of those films 10/10. I'm just going to chalk it up to nostalgia. :lol

There are small things I like in some of these franchises, but overall they're utter crap.

Halloween - The theme song. It's simple, it's eerie, it's catchy. I like it.

Leprechaun - The Leprechaun design and of course the rhyming. "For pulling this trick, I'll chop off your ****!" "Ahhh... lovely golden palaces completely full of riches. I'll rip 'em off and rob 'em blind, those dirty sons of bitches." :rotfl

Hellraiser - Pinhead, the puzzle box, and the whole concept of the Cenobites. "There is no good. There is no evil. There is only flesh."

Friday the 13th - Well...there really wasn't anything redeemable in this franchise. It had lots of hot T&A I guess.

The Texas Chainsaw Massacre - The scare factor was present in the first film, kinda. I don't think this series has ever been given justice. It has the potential to be truly horrifying.

I think I rated Children of the Corn too low. Might bump it up to 5/10 as the first movie was actually decent. Not really anything in the franchise that stood out to me though.

Yep.

If there's anything I've learned in the past 2 and a half months of watching over 60 horror films, it's that the horror genre mostly sucks. And I mean really, really sucks. I don't normally rate movies as low as 4-3 out of 10, but yeesh. What's even crazier is how many people rate some of those films 10/10. I'm just going to chalk it up to nostalgia. :lol

There are small things I like in some of these franchises, but overall they're utter crap.

Halloween - The theme song. It's simple, it's eerie, it's catchy. I like it.

Leprechaun - The Leprechaun design and of course the rhyming. "For pulling this trick, I'll chop off your ****!" "Ahhh... lovely golden palaces completely full of riches. I'll rip 'em off and rob 'em blind, those dirty sons of bitches." :rotfl

Hellraiser - Pinhead, the puzzle box, and the whole concept of the Cenobites. "There is no good. There is no evil. There is only flesh."

Friday the 13th - Well...there really wasn't anything redeemable in this franchise. It had lots of hot T&A I guess.

The Texas Chainsaw Massacre - The scare factor was present in the first film, kinda. I don't think this series has ever been given justice. It has the potential to be truly horrifying.

I think I rated Children of the Corn too low. Might bump it up to 5/10 as the first movie was actually decent. Not really anything in the franchise that stood out to me though.

and I wasn't even thinking about the most famous horror franchises or characters lol.
Movies like Child's play or Leprechaun I give a pass because they are funny or the character is funny at least. so there is at least something entertaining. (horror comedies with me get a pass) depending on how cheesy it is

any time a horror movie made it big there would be at least 30 more trying to get in on the hype. I know what you did last summer is a good example of trying to cash in on the scream hype (urban legends is a good example of that too)
it ends up being the same plot with the same jump scares as always
then you have studios making PG 13 horror movies like Prom Night, when a stranger calls, it's just this big lump of boring predictable movies that they keep making over and over.

I love Jason and I will always love that character. I don't know.... I love the story behind him and the mask. but even half of those movies are almost unwatchable :lol

I kind of gave up after seeing the most famous horror movies and tried to look for the more obscure ones.

Any time someone online suggested another less known movie, it always ended up being terrible. I Gave up on looking for top rated lists for that reason too. I would see people raving about some older horror movie like Dark Night of the Scarecrow or The Church Children Shouldn't Play with Dead Things etc. and I would look it up, find it and then go WTF are these people thinking? there goes my evening totally wasted

Last edited:
I was surprised at how similar Jason was to Michael Myers.

Both became evil when they were children. Both have the stiff, emotionless posture and walk. Both of them seem unkillable for whatever reason, despite the fact that they don't have supernatural origins...

I can't stand Jason though. I kinda like Michael Myers' costume/mask, but Jason's is completely boring and his face...bleh. I never want to see that face again.

lol :lol the first Friday the 13th was in fact a shameless rip off of halloween, the creator didn't even deny it. Jason came in Later, it wasn't his intention to create Jason the way he was created and in fact the guy hated Jason for the longest time because of how different the franchise became

that's why Jason goes to hell is the way it is. He wanted that "damn hokey mask Out!!!" the movie was pretty much a middle finger to the fans that liked Jason more than the first movie (the studio had to force them to add Jason back in the first screenplay draft)

The Hobbit - The Battle of the Five Armies - Enjoyed the movie 10/10
Night At The Museum - Secret of the Tomb - Terrific movie 10/10

Both became evil when they were children. Both have the stiff, emotionless posture and walk. Both of them seem unkillable for whatever reason, despite the fact that they don't have supernatural origins...

I can't stand Jason though. I kinda like Michael Myers' costume/mask, but Jason's is completely boring and his face...bleh. I never want to see that face again.
^ Well said. :lol

I never was a fan of the Friday the 13th films. I would watch it around Halloween as a kid, but I wouldn't seek them out.

47 RONIN This Movie is ABSOLUTELY BE A UTIFULL If had to Rate 1 out of 10 it gets a 100 best film in 2014 in my book. A MASTERPIECE. :clap:clap:clap

Back