RATE or REVIEW The Last Movie You Watched.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The Shining is a damn fine Kubrick movie, I just don't pay attention to all the analysis people give it after the fact. I haven't watched it in many years now, maybe 8/10 the last time for me. Not sure I can give anything 10/10 - maybe ever.

I don't get into the analysis crap too much. The only things I find valid is that the Overlook's interior design is pretty odd, but whether it's on purpose by Kubrick, or was to just cut costs on building it. For example, Stuart Ullman's office has a window it in that looks outside, which is completely impossible when in later scenes you see that his window should have a view to the hallway. But these weirdos that think Kubrick faked the Moon landing and put hints about it in the movie really need to move out of their mom's basements.

Gravity 9/10

Wow a Bullock movie that didn't suck Clooney was great too. I was on the edge of my seat great movie. Music probably helped, loved the music.
Spoiler Spoiler:

Wat WAT? :monkey4

Matrix is great! :cuss

Gravity 9/10

Wow a Bullock movie that didn't suck Clooney was great too. I was on the edge of my seat great movie. Music probably helped, loved the music.
Spoiler Spoiler:

I know, it made me catch subversive feels.

The Counselor - 1/2 out of 10

+1 for Brazilian wax Ferrari sex, -1/2 for Cameron Diaz being the one to do it.

This was so bad, I get the feeling the actor's had no idea what they were even saying half the time, I broke out into laughing fits at many inappropriate times. What a waste of a lot of good actors. I feel like I should get some kind of award for making it through this movie.

Only Lovers Left Alive, 10/10. This film is not only one of the very best films of last year, its one of the best vampire films, ever. Stunning, witty, sublime. Masterpiece.

Back