RATE or REVIEW The Last Movie You Watched.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close - 8/10

Second time seeing it. Never read the book. The kid does a great job and the supporting cast is all good too.

woah! back to back 10/10's
i feel a storm brewing.....

301699,xcitefun-chandoo.jpg

Carrie 2013: 7/10 It was a good, respectful remake, got some things right that the original didn't but missed the mark on some others that the original got right, Chloe Moretz was terrific in this, yet I keep thinking it was a bit of a miscast given how pretty she is, Julian Moore was also fantastic as Margaret White, no complains there, the prom scene + ending are MUCH better in this one though(except for the split second in which Carrie gets bathed in blood, that was better in the original), the black prom gives me goosebumps every time I watch it, the part when she starts to fly is just terrifying, the ending was stronger than in the original as well, the relationship between Carrie and Sue is one bit more personal and I liked that. Tommy Ross was awfully dull in this version while Billy Nolan was a bit more accurate, both Sue and Chris were a lot duller than in the original as well... The visuals were kind of unimaginative, just going through the motions, no interesting camera angles and stuff, but all that changes for the better as soon as prom starts.

Carrie 1976: 8.5/10 The visuals are eye catchy from the beginning, the tone is right for most of the movie, the cast is almost perfect and it does a great job, Sissy Spacek was brilliant as Carrie and she's had the right look, not accurate to the book, but that's not important, this version is superior to the remake for the most part, but the prom night + ending have been getting increasingly weaker for me since the remake came out, it's visually interesting, but in motion it turns out cartoony and a bit exaggerated in it's performances, and the final scene where Sue wakes up is just cheeeeeesy, but I still like both versions.

Although my dream version would be an amalgam of both, that would get a 10/10 out of me.

Anyway, doesn't belong here but:

Carrie (book) 10/10. My favorite Stephen King story.

Last edited:
Golden Eye - 7.5/10
Tomorrow Never Dies - 6/10
The World is Not Enough - 4/10
Die Another Day - I gave up (Van Down by the River)

I Saw The Devil 10/10

Oh, yeah. Absolute masterpiece that film and one of the most disturbing films ever.

Robocop 2014 5/10
Blood Glacier 5/10
Amazing Spider-Man 2 8/10
Lone Survivor 8/10
Dale and Tucker vs. Evil 6/10

Back