RATE or REVIEW The Last Movie You Watched.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I started watching Blue Jasmine last night, because my wife wanted to see it. She quickly lost interest and left the room. I continued watching more than half the movie, but realized that I didn't care about that character at all, and really wasn't very interested in what happened to her or the story next, so I turned it off despite the prospect of seeing more Louis C.K. I'm a Woody Allen movie from way on back, and even enjoy his more cynical, depressing movies like Crimes and Misdemeanors. But the major character here had nothing to keep me involved. She was vacuous and superficial, obviously intentionally made to be unlikable by Allen, as that wasn't coupled with any real humor, charisma or charm, or even explicit cruelty and malice, which could have made her more interesting.

American Hustle is a great movie. Obviously everyone is entitled to an opinion, but I genuinely cannot see how anybody can rate it any lower than an 8/10.
Well, it's no Predator. . .

Yeah... I'm not really sure why we are comparing American Hustle and Predator... maybe I've missed a joke somewhere?

Captain America: The Winter Soldier - 9/10

2nd favourite MCU movie after The Avengers.

American Hustle: 7.5/10 I really liked this one, though It's obviously a character driven flick, it still didn't have enough substance. Relied too much on the performances (which were fantastic).

I enjoyed the performances but the story was horribly put together and I didn't care what happened to any of the characters.

I didn't care what happened to any of the characters.
I get what you're saying, in the sense that none of these characters were good people by a long shot. Bale and Adams were scumbags who preyed on people who didn't deserve it, Cooper was just trying to bring himself attention and boost his career, Lawrence was selfish, whiny, and spiteful, Renner was a politician trying to achieve political goals. But at the same time, they were all likable in their way, possibly with the exception of Lawrence, though even she had a scene or two where the audience felt for her. I compare this to Blue Jasmine, where Blanchett was just totally despicable and worse--tedious--and realize there really is no comparison.

12 years a slave-10/10

It was incredibly difficult to watch, at times, but it was an extremely powerful and moving film.

Back