Rank your favorite ALIEN.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Favorite xenomorph?

• ALIEN

Votes: 239 42.5%
  • ALIENS

Votes: 256 45.5%
  • ALIEN 3

Votes: 48 8.5%
  • Alien Resurrection

Votes: 20 3.6%

• Total voters
I can honestly say I've never read that much into any of the killings in Alien or that the alien had that level of self-awareness and consciousness to 'rape' a woman. Certainly none of the subsequent films intended to give this kind of impression. I guess thats part of why some people resent Cameron for turning the alien into a 'reasonably clever' giant alien bug. The way Abake described is altogether more freaky and disturbing.

Well, it's not definitive that the alien raped her, but it certainly was the intention to leave the question in the mind of the viewer: did the alien just rape Lambert?
After all, she was left naked and the tail was shown going up between her legs suggestively (even though those are Brett's legs).
You have to remember that there is always this uncertainty about the alien, about just how much of Kane is in it... why did it apparently know the ship so well? How did it figure out to go into the Narcissus? Why was it so brutal with Brett and Parker and yet there was no sign of violence or blood when it took Dallas? Why was Lambert left naked? Maybe Kane hated Brett and Parker's guts and had the hots for Lambert...

The idea that it (the alien) took traits from its hosts, not only physical but also mental and emotional, was a major part of the movie. That and the entire sexual/rape angle. After all, Kane is basically raped by the facehugger. Not only that, he is left pregnant and dies giving birth...

Perfect post there. All part of why i absolutely love Alien. Aliens was a great sci-fi action movie, but Alien was just such a masterpiece, with original ideas and so well executed.

Well, it's not definitive that the alien raped her, but it certainly was the intention to leave the question in the mind of the viewer: did the alien just rape Lambert?
After all, she was left naked and the tail was shown going up between her legs suggestively (even though those are Brett's legs).
You have to remember that there is always this uncertainty about the alien, about just how much of Kane is in it... why did it apparently know the ship so well? How did it figure out to go into the Narcissus? Why was it so brutal with Brett and Parker and yet there was no sign of violence or blood when it took Dallas? Why was Lambert left naked? Maybe Kane hated Brett and Parker's guts and had the hots for Lambert...

The idea that it (the alien) took traits from its hosts, not only physical but also mental and emotional, was a major part of the movie. That and the entire sexual/rape angle. After all, Kane is basically raped by the facehugger. Not only that, he is left pregnant and dies giving birth...

Very good points I had never thought about the mental attributes of the aliens' victims being taken on, as well as the physical.
This opens up lots of possibilities, but the whole rape thing seems valid, by what you have said about lambert being found naked, never noticed that before.
Kane came across as a bit efeminate in the film so he could have been gay and raped the woman and had sex with the men in a twisted way with his tongue/_____.

Is definately a disturbing and provocative subject for a horror film , but has many levels depending on how you view things.
To some its just a good scary monster flick, but the whole concept of sexual penetration, incubation and violence in birth made many people in the original screenings walk out, whether they conciously knew why they did'nt like it or why it disturbed them.

I think in other films like resurrection they tried to get weird again, where cloned ripley seemed to have an intimate moment with the queen and wrythed around with the alien pile. (mass orgy)
Now if ripley is the monsters mother that is insest is'nt it?

Then only to have her granddaughter (newborn alien ) kill her daughter (alien queen) and then she kills her own grandaughter.
Freud would have a field day as I think he said "every man wants to sleep with his mother and kill his father" I think
Depends how much you read into things, could be taking things far too seriously but good mental masturbation;)

2zs5mav.jpg

Well, Ash said it himself. And you could even tell the crew was a bit disturbed (yet it was clear they agreed to some degree) when he spoke the words "Kane's son."

The second movie, while it was an excellent and classic blockbuster picture, gave us the hive system. Which, you have to admit, does suit the nature of the Alien (at least if it's shot correctly and effectively). But by turning them into mindless drones/workers, rather than the stalking "great white shark" of a beast that Giger's Alien was, you take away any mental effect that the creatures could've given you.
If it's an aggressive, nasty-looking animal, obviously you'd be scared for your life.
But if it's an aggressive, nasty-looking being that has an unnerving and uncertain edge, it's a bit creepier. You'd then be in the hands of not just a monster, but an abomination built-up with the potential lust, hunger, and darkness of a man (which can be pretty frightening) -- all encased in a body that's vaguely human, to further the fact that it has a mind of its own. You don't know why exactly it wants to kill you, or what it's thinking of doing to you.

Last edited:
I don't think the Alien raped Lambert. I got the impression that it didn't see her as a threat and was curious about her strange behavior and wanted a closer look at a living human. I don't even think the Alien has genitals or any knowledge of human genitalia...

Alien was the best in the series, and the sequel, Aliens was pretty good as well. But, I hated the direction that the series took in Alien 3 and Resurrection.

In the prequel I'd like to see Giger's biomechanical landscapes. I think the aliens are artificial organism because they can infect different alien species!

Well, it has long been theorized that the Xenomorphs, were created by Space Jockeys as biological "weapons of mass destruction".

It's not been officially said that they were created by the jockeys. Although Ridley said somthing about it in a recent interview i think.

there are those who believe they have a planet with its ecosystem...

That may very well be true. But, given the fact that Xenomorphs have a somewhat mechanical appearance, it's quite possible that they were altered to look that way. That said, I'm pondering as to whether there was an "original" species that was biologically engineered, to create the Xenomorphs that we know in the movies. And if that is the case, then how does the original species differ from its Xenomorph counterpart (in terms of physical appearance, diet, behavior, reproduction, etc) :dunno?

That may very well be true. But, given the fact that Xenomorphs have a somewhat mechanical appearance, it's quite possible that they were altered to look that way. That said, I'm pondering as to whether there was an "original" species that was biologically engineered, to create the Xenomorphs that we know in the movies. And if that is the case, then how does the original species differ from its Xenomorph counterpart (in terms of physical appearance, diet, behavior, reproduction, etc) :dunno?

I do think thats quite interesting, them being engineered as some kind of biological weapon but i much prefer the idea of them just being their own race. There's something creepier about them being a race that have just evolved to be "the perfect organism"

The queen in Aliens was one of the most beautiful Xenomorphs ever created. I didn't really find Alien's Xenomorph appealing because the movements obviously made it seem like a man in a suit.

It also didn't seem very smart for it to just sleep on the ship. :/

Last edited:
Having just watched Alien again, and never thinking about the concept of the creature raping Lambert, i think its quite possible it did. With her being naked, the tail going suggestively between her legs, and the sheer noise when its attacking her, it seems quite plausible. A few things i've read in this thread have made me love the first film even more than i already did. And view the Alien creature as even more frightening.

Back