Rank your favorite ALIEN.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Favorite xenomorph?

• ALIEN

Votes: 239 42.5%
  • ALIENS

Votes: 256 45.5%
  • ALIEN 3

Votes: 48 8.5%
  • Alien Resurrection

Votes: 20 3.6%

• Total voters
See, even with all the bonus/changes to the opening and setup shots, when I saw that ox getting pulled in by the two prisoners, I had the epiphany. I had always heard the alien in A3 referred to as dog/ox, and never even knew the reason. Again, I call myself an Alien fan? Well, I really always, ever since the original release, felt how the hell could such an enormous alien burst out of a regular sized rotweiller (sp.)? This made so much more sense (if anything can make sense in an Alien film) and set the tone for what I was experiencing with the new (to me) version of A3.

Love this film, and will be viewing it again soon, after I have had time to digest what I have seen the first time.

Also, dammit, the new version has made wonder if I should start looking for a Sideshow Alien3...

:D

I couldn't believe just how different the directors cut was compared with the theatrical release. The ox does make more sense than the dog to me as well. David Fincher had much bigger plans for the movie but Fox got in the way and put a crimp on that. Apparently there is still a great deal of animosity from him towards Fox. I don't think he had anything to do with the directors cut. The whole thing was a bit of a dogs breakfast from the start, but at least the directors cut gives us a better idea of the direction the film would have gone without the studio interference.

Yeah the ox makes more since and the extra scenes make the movie much more coherent than the original.

I love the start where it continues on from Aliens.

Oh, I agree - the dog was a rather silly concept. I could never understand how such a small animal could contain that large chest burster.

I read that somewhere, too. At least we ended up with the extended cut. Have you got any pics of the ox and dog?

Last edited:
It's right there next to Aliens for me, I love the feel of the movie and the world they created - it's very close to Alien in many ways. Wouldn't you agree?

I love this classic trilogy!
*Resurrection sux ant's balz*

However if I still must choose only one... then I give my vote to "ALIEN".
1) All began from it!
2) It's Ridley Scott!
3) It's Giger!
4) It's a terrific si-fi!

And ofcourse...

34004-ellen_ripley_alien.jpg

I have love but I must say I've never had "I'd like to ____ her" love. Thats a mystery to me.

Funny, my brother fixed my G/Fs laptop after it contracted a virus from the Hot Toys website and I'm now back using it - but while it was out of commission I was on an older laptop with wonky keys. The 'a' didn't work and every time I was posting I had to copy and paste 'a' - very frustrating but I got used to it - So used to it that I'm still finding myself trying to copy&paste the damn 'a's :lol ......ok maybe not LOL funny.

Back