Rank The Saga

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The prequels didn't have enough incestuous moments for my taste. Not a single scene of siblings making out, that's just lazy writing.

IrishJedi said:
Very good point. In fact, I believe that AOTC will ultimately fall below TPM on my list as weakest SW film for that any several other reasons.

AOTC will never fall below TPM for me because of the little whiney anakin and the pod race....geez does that thing ever end?

i love them all though....just to different degrees.

TheObsoleteMan said:
The prequels didn't have enough incestuous moments for my taste. Not a single scene of siblings making out, that's just lazy writing.

you just have to imagine leia and luke making out in padme's belly.....ok, that was wrong.:eek:

For me it goes like this:

ESB
ANH
ROTS
ROTJ
AOTC
TPM

I really like the speeder chase in AOTC, it's basically what I like most out of the entire saga, it's just really awesome, the yellow speeder is really cool (MR should do a Studio Scale model of it). But beyond that it's kind of boring.

The only stuff that's really boring to me in the prequels is the senate stuff, I usually skip it now adays, it's just boring.

Brent72 said:
Whatever floats your boat, but when I see people ranking AOTC above the original Star Wars(a film that is on the AFI 100 all-time greatest films list) I just have to shake my head and wonder what the hell people are thinking. :confused:

Who f-in cares about the AFI list?

There are films on that list above Star Wars. Are they better, in "your" opinion?

Empire's not on there at all. E.T. is #25. Is E.T. a better movie than ESB?

Apparently, Tootsie is a much better movie than ROTJ.

----

To me, there are no more annoying posts on this board than those saying that people who appreciate the prequels are too young to know better. I especially love when I see them coming from people younger than me. :rolleyes:

Why is it that prequel-lovers are always polite here to OT-fans, but some OT-fanatics are repeatedly condescending and rude to them?

You would think that, just because they MUST be older, OT fans would have learned how to comport themselves by now.

[Apologies to anyone offended by the overgeneralizations.]

pickard said:
Who f-in cares about the AFI list?

There are films on that list above Star Wars. Are they better, in "your" opinion?

Empire's not on there at all. E.T. is #25. Is E.T. a better movie than ESB?

Apparently, Tootsie is a much better movie than ROTJ.

----

To me, there are no more annoying posts on this board than those saying that people who appreciate the prequels are too young to know better. I especially love when I see them coming from people younger than me. :rolleyes:

Why is it that prequel-lovers are always polite here to OT-fans, but some OT-fanatics are repeatedly condescending and rude to them?

You would think that, just because they MUST be older, OT fans would have learned how to comport themselves by now.

I was simply stating a fact(that Star Wars is considered one of the 100 greatest films of all-time), but apparently you're too sensitive to have something like that pointed out. :rolleyes:

Bottom line: They're all SW movies and I enjoy all 6 of them, but I can't possibly fathom anyone thinking AOTC is better than the original Star Wars. That's absolutely mind-boggling.

pickard said:

I'm in total agreement with ya pickard. :duff Your second point is totally correct IMO. PT lovers or people that like the PT always seem to be much kinder to OT ONLY people where as it's just the total opposite when the shoe is on the other foot.

Brent72 said:
Bottom line: They're all SW movies and I enjoy all 6 of them, but I can't possibly fathom anyone thinking AOTC is better than the original Star Wars. That's absolutely mind-boggling.

Can't argue with that. In fact, I'll drink to it. :duff

I like the both OT and PT. However, I do not think that AOTC is better than ANH. For me it's not that close.

Brent72 said:

100% Agreed.

Brent72 said:
I was simply stating a fact(that Star Wars is considered one of the 100 greatest films of all-time), but apparently you're too sensitive to have something like that pointed out. :rolleyes:

It doesn't bother me. :rolleyes:

I don't even disagree. I imagine nearly everyone on this board thinks Star Wars is one of the 100 greatest films of all time.

Your fact is just totally irrelevant to the conversation, which is our personal ranking of the saga.

People's opinions on art should not be influenced by the opinions of others, including professional critics.

pickard said:
It doesn't bother me. :rolleyes:

I don't even disagree. I imagine nearly everyone on this board thinks Star Wars is one of the 100 greatest films of all time.

Your fact is just totally irrelevant to the conversation, which is our personal ranking of the saga.

People's opinions on art should not be influenced by the opinions of others, including professional critics.

Sometimes in a debate these things called "facts"(like the fact that SW is listed as one of the 100 greatest films of all-time) are thrown out there. I don't see how that is "irrelevant" and I'm sorry the point seems to be lost on you. I think the horse has been beaten enough.

Back