Rank The Saga

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The current ranking refelct exactly what I voted:

ROTJ
ESB
ROTS
ANH
TPM
AotC

Number one for me fluctuates between ROTJ and ESB in the #1 spot, today just happened to be ROTJ. :emperor

ESB
ANH
ROTS
ROTJ
AOTC
TPM

It's really hard to compare these because they are all so great. ESB is easily my favorite, but the next 3 spots was a toss up.

ROTJ
ESB
ANH
ROTS
AOTC
TPM

As a film ESB is near perfection but ROTJ will always win out for me due to sentimental value and the closure it brings to the saga. :emperor

That's actually true, Trev -- AOTC is the only film in the saga that doesn't introduce its villain until the last act, and there are no cutaways to the bad guys doing bad guy stuff.

And the absence just makes you feel how important a part of the SW story structure the bad guy cutaway scenes are.

Seretur said:
That's actually true, Trev -- AOTC is the only film in the saga that doesn't introduce its villain until the last act, and there are no cutaways to the bad guys doing bad guy stuff.

And the absence just makes you feel how important a part of the SW story structure the bad guy cutaway scenes are.

Very good point. In fact, I believe that AOTC will ultimately fall below TPM on my list as weakest SW film for that any several other reasons.

AOTC is the best movie evar!!!1 Move over, Godfather, this is the finest delivered line in cinema history:

ANAKIN
From the moment I met you, all
those years ago, a day hasn't gone
by when I haven't thought of you.
And now that I'm close to you again,
I'm in agony. The closer I get to
you, the worse it gets. The
thought of not being with you
mskes my stomach turn over - my
mouth goes dry. I feel dizzy. I
can't breathe. I'm haunted by the
kiss you should never have given
me. My heart is beating, hoping
that kiss will not become a scar.
You are in my very soul,
tormenting me. What can I do? I
will do anything you ask...

(Anyway, Trevor, I do hope your upcoming Dooku VS. Yoda diorama redresses the Christopher Lee imbalance, if only in polystone form.)

Back