Rank The Saga

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Amanaman said:
AOTC is the best movie evar!!!1 Move over, Godfather, this is the finest delivered line in cinema history:

ANAKIN
From the moment I met you, all
those years ago, a day hasn't gone
by when I haven't thought of you.
And now that I'm close to you again,
I'm in agony. The closer I get to
you, the worse it gets. The
thought of not being with you
mskes my stomach turn over - my
mouth goes dry. I feel dizzy. I
can't breathe. I'm haunted by the
kiss you should never have given
me. My heart is beating, hoping
that kiss will not become a scar.
You are in my very soul,
tormenting me. What can I do? I
will do anything you ask...

Strangely, I just posted the following in the Indy thread. It was concerning the fact that David Koepp may not be the best Screenwriter in the world, but at least he's not Jonathan Hales -

When I walked out of the premiere of Attack of the Clones, I ran into a friend who I didn't even know was there and the first thing he said to me was, "Did Anakin really say 'I wish I could wish my wishes away?'"
And you know what? He might as well have.

ANH
ESB
ROTJ
ROTS
AOTC
TPM

I heistate to even put TPM on that list as I find it unwatchable. At least AOTC has Christopher Lee and that big arena/clone battle to make up for the insipid romantic scenes.

ESB
ANH
ROTJ
AOTC
ROTS
TPM

I'm just about the only person who likes AOTC. I love the opening where the camera pans UP instead of down as in all the other movies. It's a small thing but I love it, along with the atmospheric shots of the Naboo ships arriving in the clouds. I am a bounty hunter fan and I enjoyed that part of the plot and the chase through Coruscant--visually one of my favorite sections of the entire saga--and the nightclub scene that followed. I liked Obi-Wan getting to go off on his own adventure tracking down Jango Fett, and the introduction of the clones, and the Jango/Obi-Wan battle, and the asteroid chase, the death of Shmi and Anakin's response--and from the moment Anakin and Padme land on Geonosis the rest of the movie is just fun for me to watch. The droid factory chase leading into the arena battle with the three heroes facing down the three beasts, which leads into Mace's introduction and the entire Jedi VS. droid charge and battle (that big army of prequel Jedi charging the enemy with their lightsabers ignited was one of the biggest moments for me of the entire prequel trilogy--something I had always wanted to see on film and I couldn't help but cheer when it happened), which then escalates once again into full scale war when the clones arrive and kick of the legendary Clone Wars, and then (after a quick shot of the Death Star plans which was a lot of fun to see the first time) the focus narrows back down to the Anakin and Obi-Wan VS. Dooku duel, which is followed by the terrific Yoda VS. Dooku battle. I admit that the Anakin/Padme scenes are the weakest part of the film, but for me, there are just so many fun and action packed and visually enjoyable moments in the film that the love story can't bring the whole thing down. ROTS was fantastic, but it is much more gloomy and dark and I just don't find myself rewatching it with my son as much as AOTC.

TheObsoleteMan said:
ANH
ESB
ROTJ
ROTS
AOTC
TPM

I heistate to even put TPM on that list as I find it unwatchable. At least AOTC has Christopher Lee and that big arena/clone battle to make up for the insipid romantic scenes.

I like the whole Obi-Wan/Kamino sequence a lot, too.

And believe it or not, I also love the Yoda and the Younglings scene. Say what you will about the annoying child actors but I really think that scene is the closest PT Yoda comes to the one we know and love from the OT.

I would actually watch AOTC over ROTJ on most days. The whole first third of the movie is just variation upon variation of people arriving in Jabba's Palace and talking to him in front of his throne. The first half hour is just the same thing happening over and over again on the same set. When you are relieved to get a change of scenery and see some Ewoks, you know that something is terribly wrong. The power of the Vader/Palpatine/Luke confrontation and climax keeps the rest from bringing down the movie, but the endless Jabba scenes and silly Ewoks and recycled Death Star make this the weakest of the original trilogy by a mile, and I am tempted to rank it lower than some of the prequels. Nostalgia just won't let me.

The whole Jabba sequence is still my favorite part of the entire saga. That big door opening and a shadowy, robed Luke striding in still gives me chills.

ROTJ
ESB
ANH/ROTS (equal for dif reasons)
Clone Wars (they count to me)
TPM
AOTC

No reason to esplain, just me.

Empire Strikes Back
A New Hope
Return of the Jedi
Revenge of the Sith
Attack of the Clones
Everything else ever written or shown related to Star Wars
The Phantom Menace

Well, if I were to factor in the EU stuff I feel is worth a darn...

1. TESB
  2. ANH
  3. KOTOR (game)
  4. LABYRINTH OF EVIL (novel)
  5. CLONE WARS (Animated)
  6. DARK LORD (novel)
  7. ROTS Novelization
  8. ROTJ
  9. ROTS Movie
  10. KOTOR II (game)
  11. DARTH BANE: PATH OF DESTRUCTION (novel)
  12. CLOAK OF DECEPTION (novel)
  13. AOTC
  14. TPM (novel)
  15. TPM Movie

There. :lol

YoNoSe said:
ESB:winner
ANH:fireworks
ROTJ:fest
ROTS:mexwave
TPM :lecture :sleep
AOTC :dump

Same goes for me.

The only one I really don't care for is AOTC

I have actually grown to love TPM. Of all the PT films I actually think that this one has the most OT feel to it. Don't ask me why.

JAWS said:
I have actually grown to love TPM.
I do too. I had major issues with it when it was first released but now that Jar Jar didn't bumble his way through the rest of the PT as I feared I now enjoy it a lot.

JAWS said:
Of all the PT films I actually think that this one has the most OT feel to it.
The funny thing is that I actually enjoy it partly because I feel its the most *different* of the six films, and can appreciate the risks George as well as the elements you don't see in any other film (Jar Jar's role, Maul's fighting style, a completely different looking 3PO and absences of both Clone/Stormtroopers and a "swashbuckling" character like adult Anakin or Han Solo.)

JAWS said:
Same goes for me.

The only one I really don't care for is AOTC

I have actually grown to love TPM. Of all the PT films I actually think that this one has the most OT feel to it. Don't ask me why.

Probably because it was mostly shot on location using organic film instead of all digital video.

I'm serious.

Star Wars
Empire Strikes Back
Return of the Jedi
Return of the Sith
Attack of the Clones
Phantom Menence

Back