Rank the Batman films!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For me personally, I think it's alright, it's a good film. I don't know if it's a very good Batman film though, it's in some strange middle ground. It's a little too gloomy, weird and sexual for my tastes, especially with Penguin being this disgusting, horny bastard. After the first Batman, it was a total "WTF", but I take it that was the intent. I dig the movie (especially for Catwoman), but I think I like TDK, '89 and Begins more. Phantasm too.

Though, right now, I'm on the edge about actual Hot Toys product. Catwoman, Batman or something other than "coming soon!" :lol

Yeah watching BR with my Mum and Dad was strange because of the shall we say direction that Burton took it to. :monkey3

Having said that I did enjoy it although watching it as a youngster I was always bewildered as to why Gotham had changed so much and I just put it down to the snow but when I was older I realised that Gotham in BR was totally different to the Gotham that we seen in '89 which was a shame as that Gotham was the best we had seen.

Amen with the HT BR figures although I think HT will continue to 'tease' us just like Michelle Pfeiffer did in Batman Returns.

Yeah man, that sequence in Begins is sensational too - true Batman stuff right there as well.

Really, 89 & Begins are all I'm at all 'fanboy-ish' about. Two magic films.

Yeah that scene in BB was great too but was way to fast to see the action.

I'm also not a huge fan of the jumpy cam that gives you incomprehensible action. Most recently noticed some of that in Winter Soldier that bugged me. Usually goes hand-in-hand with shakycam.

I'm also not a huge fan of the jumpy cam that gives you incomprehensible action. Most recently noticed some of that in Winter Soldier that bugged me. Usually goes hand-in-hand with shakycam.

Yeah I just can't help but think ''OK is the camera-man getting the **** kicked out of him aswell? **** sake.''

Yeah it is a tad off putting and I was surprised that since that was our first time seeing Bats in BB (when the thug sees Batman fighting with the other goons) that they went down that route. Having seen nothing bar Bats grabbing the first goon and then dealing with Falcone would have been better I feel. We could have just heard the screams and echo's as Batman beat up the goons.

We could have just heard the screams and echo's as Batman beat up the goons.
In my interpretation, this basically served the same purpose. Nolan just added in the quick jumpy cam to illustrate that Batman was able to fight quickly and efficiently. In that sense, that specific scene doesn't bother me too too much. It seemed like it was his means of still maintaining Batman's mystery prior to his picking up Falcone, while also showing off some of what makes Batman a bad-ass. The bigger problem is when it becomes standard. Once we have established that a guy is a quick, violent fighter, do we need more scenes with incomprehensible action to beat that point home? I don't think so.

Yeah I just can't help but think ''OK is the camera-man getting the **** kicked out of him aswell? **** sake.''
It's more realistic if the camera man is so amped up that he can't keep his hands still, I guess.

The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Rises - I’d like for someone to explain to me what horrible plotholes are in this film. Only thing I didn’t like was how Blake knew Bruce was Batman. It might not be a great Batman film, but it’s a great film nonetheless.

Batman Begins

Batman 89

MOP

Batman Returns - Great performances overshadow one of the worst scripts of all time

Batman Forever
Batman 66’
Batman and Robin

I didn't think the Winter Soldier's scenes were that bad. Then again, maybe my brain and eyes are just use to the shaky cam at this point?

The most god awful cinema experience I ever had was Public Enemies. The shaky cam throughout the ENTIRE picture (not just action scenes) made me nauseated.

In my interpretation, this basically served the same purpose. Nolan just added in the quick jumpy cam to illustrate that Batman was able to fight quickly and efficiently. In that sense, that specific scene doesn't bother me too too much. It seemed like it was his means of still maintaining Batman's mystery prior to his picking up Falcone, while also showing off some of what makes Batman a bad-ass. The bigger problem is when it becomes standard. Once we have established that a guy is a quick, violent fighter, do we need more scenes with incomprehensible action to beat that point home? I don't think so.

It's more realistic if the camera man is so amped up that he can't keep his hands still, I guess.

Yeah I agree.

I was just coming from it as to seeing that alley fight in the '89 film which was shoot wonderfully and the first time we seen Batman in action in BB that it was all jumpy and quick and you never had a scooby as to what was going on but like you say it achieved what Batman was all about.

The Dark Knight Rises - I’d like for someone to explain to me what horrible plotholes are in this film. Only thing I didn’t like was how Blake knew Bruce was Batman. It might not be a great Batman film, but it’s a great film nonetheless.
I think several dissertations were written about that in the dedicated thread.

FYI, film reviewer Vern now carefully assesses action scene comprehensibility in his movie reviews. So if you are ever concerned with that kind of information, check out his site:

example: https://www.outlawvern.com/2014/04/29/brick-mansions/

gb68ecb25.jpg

If you read that thread by the time you're finished the next Batman film will be out of theaters and on DVD. Don't do it

my list is not on quality but on enjoyment. I Know Batman 89 has better quality than Batman Forever (And better actors) but I enjoy watching Forever more for example.

here goes.

The Dark Knight
Dark Knight Rises
Batman Begins
Batman Forever
Batman 89
Batman Returns

Batman and Robin

I thought the beginning fight scene in BB was done great, it only shakes for a moment really when he's in the middle of them all. I suppose that's all you might see if you were one of the thugs

I also like the first bit of fighting in TDK when he's in the car park, albeit not very long but it's well choreographed and the flow is natural while maintaining interest. The hitting the wall off the van and landing on the van was cool too, even if he would have broke both ankles :lol

Yeah Forever was a blast and I liked Kilmer as Wayne and Batman and I really enjoyed the movie.

Man Kilmer had some 1995 did he not? Being the new Batman and starring in Heat with De Niro and Pacino, where did it all go wrong? :slap

Back