Rank the Batman films!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The Dark Knight
Batman Begins
Batman
The Dark Knight Rises
Mask of the Phantasm
Batman Forever
Batman '66
Batman Returns
Batman & Robin

SnakeDoc

Plot holes in Rises? Everything about Bruce Wayne?

He runs off with a convicted murderer. Selina is one of the people who escaped from prison. She's not just some gal that wants out of the life. She had a trial, was found guilty of a lot of crimes, and escaped. She wasn't wrongfully imprisoned as part of the Dent Act. She's a whore for money, murders people, and stole the same pearls that Joe Chill stole that led to Bruce's parents getting killed. What about her appeals to Batman who hates crime, and wants to avenge his parents from the people that killed them? She has more in common with the man that murdered his parents than anyone he's ever met and he loves her?

He runs off with a convicted murderer. Selina is one of the people who escaped from prison. She's not just some gal that wants out of the life. She had a trial, was found guilty of a lot of crimes, and escaped. She wasn't wrongfully imprisoned as part of the Dent Act. She's a whore for money, murders people, and stole the same pearls that Joe Chill stole that led to Bruce's parents getting killed. What about her appeals to Batman who hates crime, and wants to avenge his parents from the people that killed them? She has more in common with the man that murdered his parents than anyone he's ever met and he loves her?

But Alfred approved. :lol

There's nothing in '89 that's as crazy as Batman Returns. Nothing. :lol

Joker didn't start coughing up thick bile from his ****ing liver in his death scene. There wasn't a sexual innuendo every 5 minutes. Penguin and his gang of triangle circus terrorists make the Joker from the first film look normal. Oh, and it never snowed! Batman 1989 was grounded in some 30s/40s crime reality, Batman Returns? It's a Gothic fairy tale land with Ice princesses and rocket penguins. They couldn't be further apart. The shift in "universe" was just as jarring as the jump from Dark Knight to TDKR.

I think the only risk Burton took in the first film was moving away from the 60s since that show was so engrained pop culture. Taking on a "dark Batman" was the only risk, and it could have backfired. Well, that and the casting of Keaton along with things like the black Batman armor (instead of a grey and black leotard).

Well... you're not wrong there... :lol

The Dark Knight
Batman Begins
1989 Batman
The Dark Knight Returns
Batman Returns
The Dark Knight Rises
Batman Forever
Batman & Robin
1966 Batman

I can't add MoP since I haven't seen it in over a decade and a half. Holding out for a blu-ray of it, but might just have to get the dvd.

you really don't know? really??? Val is a nightmare to work with apparently. one of those actors that no one wants to deal with.

The production of Batman Forever was such a mess I am surprised they were able to make the movie at all :lol:lol Tommy Lee Jones hated Jim Carrey and didn't consider him a good actor, they kept trying to out do each other, at the same time you had the director dealing with Val Kilmer and his mood swings :lol:lol
Yeah, I kinda forgot about all that.

Priceless huh. :lol

She also tricked Batman into getting his back broke and then dropped into some hell hole.

She also tricked Batman into getting his back broke and then dropped into some hell hole.

And don't forget desecrating his mom's memory when she stole the pearls.

Am i glad somebody else feels the same way i do regarding the unfair criticism TDKR gets. :clap

Am i glad somebody else feels the same way i do regarding the unfair criticism TDKR gets. :clap

Yup, the nitpicking is beyond ridiculous. Literally every superhero movie can be picked apart probably worse.

It's not nitpicking if it's a lot of people's problems.

If that's the case, then any of the issues anyone has with any movie is simply a "nitpick".

She had no ass.

Jye's donk is bigger than that.
OK. I'll take your word on that one :lol

Yeah, but Nolan's whole thing was that this Batman was a sad emo guy, right? Makes sense to me that he would go for a girl that does all these bad things to him, and keeps coming back to her.

It's not nitpicking if it's a lot of people's problems.

If that's the case, then any of the issues anyone has with any movie is simply a "nitpick".

To me, it is nitpicking because I can find far bigger issue that actually more detrimental to the plot and character in movies like Spider-man 2, a movie I know you’re defending all the time.

What it comes down to, what ever movie a person likes, they’re willing to forgive the flaws, and vice versa.

Back