Rambo: Last Blood [Rambo 5]

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Rambo: The Last Stand [Rambo 5]

Sly was releasing teaser poster's for Rambo II & III whilst doing Rocky films, they are easy to tell because Sly has a shorter Rocky style haircut. But i'd agree this is pure fiction, there's a Rambo V teaser poster that Sly released before doing the first Expendable's film, it has the eyes of the 'Beast'.

Got a pic?
I’d be suprised if he did another but guess nothing is over.
The poster should be him milkng a cash cow if it’s for real.

I'm sad this hasn't happened yet. I enjoyed RAMBO, and felt the series was going in the right direction. I fell there needs to be one more film, and it has to take place in USA. Just like where the film left off.

Got a pic?
I’d be suprised if he did another but guess nothing is over.
The poster should be him milkng a cash cow if it’s for real.

No i haven't but it's around...... i found a load of Rambo II & III teaser posters last week and i can't remember where i found them :slap

How many actually even read the original novel?

How many actually even read the original novel?

I did back in the early 70s and I still Own the original novel. Vicious violent book thru and thru to the end. Not an uplifting book and bit of a downer. Rambo kills a ton of people and just does never stop till ......

I hope it's fake.

Rambo 4 ended perfectly imo and Sly knows it.He won't do another.

I did back in the early 70s and I still Own the original novel. Vicious violent book thru and thru to the end. Not an uplifting book and bit of a downer. Rambo kills a ton of people and just does never stop till ......

I'd like to see the novel adapted into a hard R cable mini-series. Obviously recast, but that is likely what they'll do with the new Rambo tv series they want to do that Sly was on board for but then declined.

I hope it's fake.

Rambo 4 ended perfectly imo and Sly knows it.He won't do another.

Well, he's had a flop in "Bullet to the Head." Hopefully "Escape Plan" and "Grudge Match" do much better or he may just be bringing Rambo and Rocky out of retirement. "Expendables 3" is currently his only profitable film series and it's more ensemble.

Sly and Arnie are finished. Sly is trying to hold on to former glory so bad but he can't outrun time.

Sly and Arnie are finished. Sly is trying to hold on to former glory so bad but he can't outrun time.

Problem with Arnie is he could never really act, but was such an imposing force that he could carry a movie (of the times) easily. Now, after being out of "acting" for 9 years before EX2 and "The Last Stand," it's even worse. Him opening his mouth is just cringe worthy today as he is missing the timing he once had for one-liners and now playing older roles, he sure ain't Clint Eastwood.

Well, he's had a flop in "Bullet to the Head." Hopefully "Escape Plan" and "Grudge Match" do much better or he may just be bringing Rambo and Rocky out of retirement. "Expendables 3" is currently his only profitable film series and it's more ensemble.

He is potentially bringing Rocky back already. I forget the details but there's a project to make a film about Apollo's son and going to Rocky for teaching. I think it's a horrible idea on many levels but it's getting buzz.

I don't see any more Rocky films being done and would not consider this part of the series.

As far as how his films are doing, I don't see him going back to Rocky or Rambo to have success, I think he's well aware, especially with Rocky, how bad choices and ruin the franchise and he doesn't want to do that again. I think at this point, he's just doing movies that he thinks would be fun or believes in the story and if they succeed great, if they just do ok, oh well. I think he's past worrying about his success, I think he wants to revitalize the action genre while he still can and go out doing what he enjoys rather than just giving up early.

Problem with Arnie is he could never really act, but was such an imposing force that he could carry a movie (of the times) easily. Now, after being out of "acting" for 9 years before EX2 and "The Last Stand," it's even worse. Him opening his mouth is just cringe worthy today as he is missing the timing he once had for one-liners and now playing older roles, he sure ain't Clint Eastwood.

Exactly right, Eastwood's acting is aging like a fine wine. No matter what age he is, he's still the bad *** he was in the 60's and 70s and 80s and 90s and 10s :lol

He is potentially bringing Rocky back already. I forget the details but there's a project to make a film about Apollo's son and going to Rocky for teaching. I think it's a horrible idea on many levels but it's getting buzz.

I don't see any more Rocky films being done and would not consider this part of the series.

As far as how his films are doing, I don't see him going back to Rocky or Rambo to have success, I think he's well aware, especially with Rocky, how bad choices and ruin the franchise and he doesn't want to do that again. I think at this point, he's just doing movies that he thinks would be fun or believes in the story and if they succeed great, if they just do ok, oh well. I think he's past worrying about his success, I think he wants to revitalize the action genre while he still can and go out doing what he enjoys rather than just giving up early.

The thought of another Rocky is making me ill. Rambo was a perfect gruesome end to his story, no need making him return. He's grabbing at straws for a hit but Rocky and Rambo are not even close to being relevant anymore.

Yeah, I read about the Apollo thing and thought it was ridiculous. Every few years there's talk about some sort of another Rocky or Rambo film, more often than not, started by Sly himself. Sly has a tendency to talk too much. In talking up EX3 he mentioned a bunch of actors, said they were all set to co-star, and most of those 3-4 actors are NOT in the movie that is in its 3rd-4th week of filming in Bulgaria. He's also great to label Willis as greedy but in the same breath be asking for Kickstarter funds to help finish some ensemble movie he is a part of. Also, his paycheck for EX3 is sucking up the budget and thus keeping the production stuck in Bulgaria, instead of giving it any diversity. (Part of it was supposed to be filmed in the U.S., but those scenes are now being recreated in Bulgaria on the same sets that were used in EX2.) Sly is just as greedy as the rest of them.

But as far as his old series, I would not be surprised to see him try something. No one in a million years thought there'd be a Rocky 6 or Rambo 4. And he was talking Rambo 5 BIG before he started doing the EX films. The problem with Sly and Arnie is they aren't revitalizing anything. They want to drag the old-school back to a time that just doesn't appreciate it and has grown past it. I grew up with them and remember even then that most critics laughed at those guys. But at least then they could be in a big film that would do well with the audience. Now they have the critics AND general audience against them...

Exactly right, Eastwood's acting is aging like a fine wine. No matter what age he is, he's still the bad *** he was in the 60's and 70s and 80s and 90s and 10s :lol

The thought of another Rocky is making me ill. Rambo was a perfect gruesome end to his story, no need making him return. He's grabbing at straws for a hit but Rocky and Rambo are not even close to being relevant anymore.

The equivalent would be Kurt coming back for Escape from (insert your city) a bunch of times. At least Kurt seems to realize his audience is smaller these days and shows up once in awhile. (I think he'll do great in the next Fast and Furious.).

The equivalent would be Kurt coming back for Escape from (insert your city) a bunch of times. At least Kurt seems to realize his audience is smaller these days and shows up once in awhile. (I think he'll do great in the next Fast and Furious.).

Stuntman Mike was such a excellent role, brought me back to good ol 80's Kurt films. Kurt has handled his career well and never became washed up I don't think.

Sly is very washed up and over and Arnie is embarrassing himself.

Back