Ralph McQuarrie Darth Vader statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I contacted support for my broken cape and they sent me a return label and they are shipping me a replacement one once they receive this one back. I'm sure they'll do the same for you.

I just got mine. I looked at the Exclusive Head and it looks Great to me? Honestly I can't see what is that issue that people are referring to on this Head?

Here are pictures of mine

My cape is good and I don't have an issue with either head sculpt. Gotta be honest though, this 1/5 scale is kind of bugging me. For whatever reason, a 1/5 Vader intermixed with my 1/4 PFs is bugging the crap out of me. It's a very nice piece, I just continue to wish these and the Mythos were the 1/4 scale...

I just got mine. I looked at the Exclusive Head and it looks Great to me? Honestly I can't see what is that issue that people are referring to on this Head?

Is your Vader dome symmetrical? Pls post if so, that means there are defective ones vs being bad qc

IMG_7114.jpg

This is the issue. It appears the screen right side is correctly cocave based on the mcquarrie style and prototype. But somehow the screen left side got rounded out and appears convex. This is true for the final product pics online as well and appreciate Wars to be an oversight not an artistic decision because that would be s stupid conscious decision vs a mistake during manufacture or production.

It's not glaringly obvious but at this angle the sides should look somewhat symmetrical if not mirrored

It's hard to say it looks bad. In fact the sculpt is beautiful but it is defective in that it is not produced as intended despite what the red turns manager said. Unless it was intended to be because they decided not to fix the warp. In which case we deserve better as heir customer base

At the prototype stage, the only big difference was this head USED TO BE SYMMETRICALLY SHAPED. The final version looks like he slept on one side though it appears subtle because that's how he'd naturally look at a 3/4 angle view.

Of course I'll ask but if they can't replace it this thing is already going for $700 so returning it would mean no McQuarrie Vader for me and keeping it would mean I'd have to find a way to fix it.:gah:

I personally can't see this statue selling for $700 on a regular basis. I didn't buy one but I did get a Fett for $200 new by luck. I want a Vader but $500 is a lot when I have 2 Vaders and the IS paid off already as a 3rd.

I personally can't see this statue selling for $700 on a regular basis. I didn't buy one but I did get a Fett for $200 new by luck. I want a Vader but $500 is a lot when I have 2 Vaders and the IS paid off already as a 3rd.
I hope IS can get us a quality piece. I've been wanting a good 1/4 ESB Vader.

Low stock remaining on the regular version on sideshows site already.

Yeah it's tempting but I kind of want that new dinosaur lol I have T-Rex, Triceratops and the water one with the shark on it Mososaur.

I would have to gamble it sells for less on eBay later. There's just so many pieces I have coming this year. Mad my Voltron and now FO Stormtrooper are delayed but of course it's normal. If I sell my Cantina maybe. I built one that's actually stuccoed with lighting.

IMG_2239.jpg
IMG_2229.jpg

Thanks I'm building a new one as we speak for my figures. This one is for sale. I'm excited to make a second version and I've sold 2 already.

Back on topic I keep looking at the statue but I see so many things to get.

PS - I'm Looking to buy this statue. Want the exclusive version.

I'm in 08724.

Please PM if you have one.

Back