Ralph McQuarrie Darth Vader statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's too bad this Line isn't selling so well. It's Nice to get something so different from the norm.
Would have Loved to see other Characters down the line.

It's too bad this Line isn't selling so well. It's Nice to get something so different from the norm.
Would have Loved to see other Characters down the line.

This isn't anything to do with people not wanting these I'm sure. They are the price of Premium formats not so long ago. I think we've just reached the limit of what people are willing to pay, casual buyers especially. I'd have bought all three of these a year or two ago.

I agree, this looks much better than the other PF. :slap Sideshow baffles me sometimes.

I'm passing on this line, even though I really like them. This one is my favorite of the bunch. I think these will look amazing displayed together.

most people (rightfully so in my opinion) think these will had for less than retail down the road.

They are too niche, too expensive, and have too high an edition size.

most people (rightfully so in my opinion) think these will had for less than retail down the road.

They are too niche, too expensive, and have too high an edition size.
I agree completely. I do like the uniquness of the line, but in the end I gotta pass as well. There's just too much amazing work coming out in 1/4 and 1/3 scale. Congrats to whomever gets involved with the line!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G925A using Tapatalk

I don't think a 750 Edition Size is too high but they probably would have been better off setting it at 500.
What I don't get is why the price kept going up when all of them are just separated by a few months? The Stormtrooper was $400.00 then Boba Fett was $425.00 and now Vader is $475.00?

I don't think a 750 Edition Size is too high but they probably would have been better off setting it at 500.
What I don't get is why the price kept going up when all of them are just separated by a few months? The Stormtrooper was $400.00 then Boba Fett was $425.00 and now Vader is $475.00?

750 is just the exclusive. There are another 1500 regular. 2250 mcquarrie fett and another 2250 mcquarrie stormie is waaay too much, especially at this price point.

vader will likely be the same.

Last edited:
I don't know who would want the Regular's at all when the Exclusive's are Switch-Out Heads. If you're gonna Buy these, the Ex Heads are a Must Have!

I hate when I look too deeply into things but can anybody explain the weight difference with these 3 statues??

Per Sideshow's site, Boba and Stormy are 10 pounds but Vader is coming in at 6.5?? The base maybe?

I just noticed this too. 3.5 pound difference at this size is a lot of weight. I would also like to know why?

I just noticed this too. 3.5 pound difference at this size is a lot of weight. I would also like to know why?

On the site, it states Product Weight: 10 lbs; Dimensional Weight: 31 lbs; International Dimensional Weight: 43 lbs. I've never paid attention to the variances in those numbers before, but that seems like a big difference. For reference, the Mythos Boba Fett (1/5 scale with a big base) was Product Weight: 14 lbs; Dimensional Weight: 22 lbs; International Dimensional Weight: 30 lbs.

I am hoping that these have the same weight and presence of the Mythos statues...

must be a large box. shipping is going to be very expensive for this one, especially if you live outside of the US.

must be a large box. shipping is going to be very expensive for this one, especially if you live outside of the US.

Actually, this one seems to have escaped from the recent shipping price hikes somehow. It is $40 to the UK which has been the standard price for some time now. The Kylo Ren PF is more than double at $90!! That stings doubly given the crazy price on it already.

you can at least use the $20 monthly codes for stormie and fett. It will apply to vader as well once the edition size is announced.

Back