Rainman's Project (Narrator 1999)... ^L^

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just think it's a... weird choice. I don't think this ones gonna be selling out in 2 mins to be honest.

I thought if anything he'd do Leon himself the bad guy from Leon??? I mean I love the movie and I love Oldman bit the character is not that memorable or even iconic. I really do love this movie as evidenced by all the effort I put into my custom but even if Hot Toys did one for 130 I think I'd pass. I know RMs is gonna kick ass of course and am happy for the small handful of guys who want it but I'm more than happy to pass on this.

but that's OK though to be honest I'm happy to save some money just as Im happy to not have Marla or especially V2 Tyler. I'd have to buy them because I love the movie but truth be told Ed and Brad is all you really need and I'd the perfect fight club set.

I'm happy Rainman is going back to making things he wants to make, even if I have zero interest in it. He did Fight Club because it won a poll here.

Yeah but you don't really know Rainman did not want to make it y'know?

Im sure he knows whatever he's going to make will sell out anyway he's not going to make something that is not inspiring to him. just because it won a pole did not mean HE didn't want to do it I don't think

Last edited:
Raymond, what head did you use for your Leon? Your signature pic of him is outstanding - I'd love to see more. I bought a Jean Reno head (that looks pretty nice) off eBay quite a while back, but I feel it's too small. I would LOVE to have a Leon that looks like yours! And those glasses are awesome. Are those custom as well?

I just think it's a... weird choice. I don't think this ones gonna be selling out in 2 mins to be honest.

I thought if anything he'd do Leon himself the bad guy from Leon??? I mean I love the movie and I love Oldman bit the character is not that memorable or even iconic. I really do love this movie as evidenced by all the effort I put into my custom but even if Hot Toys did one for 130 I think I'd pass. I know RMs is gonna kick ass of course and am happy for the small handful of guys who want it but I'm more than happy to pass on this.

but that's OK though to be honest I'm happy to save some money just as Im happy to not have Marla or especially V2 Tyler. I'd have to buy them because I love the movie but truth be told Ed and Brad is all you really need and I'd the perfect fight club set.

Hey bud thanks for the props.

The head is Fengs and it is top notch.

My thread is on page two I think I did a pretty detailed outline of what I did with lots of pics it should for sure help a lot.

I thought if anything he'd do Leon himself the bad guy from Leon??? I mean I love the movie and I love Oldman bit the character is not that memorable or even iconic. .

I disagree here , I think Oldmans character was just as if not more memorable that Leon himself. He played Stansfield amazingly well and ever since first seeing the movie his character has always stood out as one of my favorites.
Maybe that's just me though. :lol He's a character that I've never understood not having more of a cult following.

Rainman could do Leon after Stansfield couldn't he ?. It's a possibilty I would think.
I hope he does , the movie has lacked collectibles in any shape of form for , well.. ever.

I have no Leon, I'm trying to get one togeather but in the mean time, you better believe I'm going to pick up Stansfield.

I only saw this movie about a year ago finally and really liked it. Enterbay's head should be a good alternative to anyone needing a Leon still if Rainman doesn't make him as well.

:lecture

I couldnt agree more!

td1.png
td3.png

https://sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=72783&page=7

I disagree here , I think Oldmans character was just as if not more memorable that Leon himself. He played Stansfield amazingly well and ever since first seeing the movie his character has always stood out as one of my favorites.

:lecture

Rainman could do Leon after Stansfield couldn't he ?. It's a possibilty I would think.
I hope he does , the movie has lacked collectibles in any shape of form for , well.. ever.

I hope he does too. Would love to have both on my shelf.

Just really hope he nails a good Oldman likeness.

Do those glasses come from the etched set that was available awhile ago? Super Fantastic!!! :google How come Rainman couldn't pull this off? :confused: :monkey2

If Oldman's "Professional" character is the next figure in line, I hope he'll keep going for this after! I'd buy all Fifth Element figs! :naughty

td1.png

fight_club.jpg

Im overall very very happy with these. The shape is probably the closest out there to the iconic Oliver Peoples shades (Tyler did wear a few different kinds of red shades in the movie). Pretty close, nose piece is a bit different but other than that not too shabby to be honest. I did get them to curve wrap around his head a bit too that you can't really tell from this front shot.

They look great Ray, don't sweat it. You can barely tell any differance in shape in your pic and its what, 2-3 times the actual size.

Thanks bud... yeah it's amazing how much more I feel like this is an authentic fight club figure now... with the soap and scar it will be almost there... the blue motocross shirt... if i can pull it off i will be in heaven.

td1.png

fight_club.jpg

Im overall very very happy with these. The shape is probably the closest out there to the iconic Oliver Peoples shades (Tyler did wear a few different kinds of red shades in the movie). Pretty close, nose piece is a bit different but other than that not too shabby to be honest. I did get them to curve wrap around his head a bit too that you can't really tell from this front shot.

Ray they look fantastic! Can you reproduce these??? Time for you to make some $$$!!!! Let me know Im highly intrested. Id take the cigs as well.

Me too! dot the design down near 100 percent and found the perfect fitting t... now just need to test the best method to get it on the shirt..

Also forgot to mention "Basic" is the brand Tyler uses in them movie for cigarettes. Full flavor... the red pack

Back