Rainman's Next Project: The Priest

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The more I look at the Priest figure I have here...the more I love how he looks. I could careless if its a DX, FS or a H&C. The whole point for me is that I appreciate the movie and in fact The Exorcist may be the arguably best horror movie ever made. He is an amazing figure, the complexion of the look and the intensity of the whole set up.

I am happy with my figure. Yes it is a Full Set and yes there was a mistake made on the COA's, he admitted the error in print and he gave me his word that he painted the head sculpts on DX's and FS's. However to me, the bottom line is I am very HAPPY with my figure and the accessories. I am sooo STOKED that Reagan ver2 is coming home to me within the next few days and my set will be complete! :clap

I moved mine over to a slim body and Im using SS Snake Plisken hands. The coat is from an HT Wolverine. The blue shirt is something I had in my bin. I think its a from an HT John Connor but not sure. Because the head is smaller and with the layers, I figured the body needed to be smaller. I also think height wise, he was way too tall for the original. I did add a lot of padding through the middle section and also the shoulders because the length of neck and Karras has that hunched look though out the film. There was some discussion early on about the collar being a black shirt with a white band. This is true for almost all the film except the exorcism. He changes clothing in that scene. Like Merrin, he is also wearing what we got. This is how he will live on my shelf. Im happy with him after a lot of work and futzing.

Lj8vq2Q.jpg

l6N9prK.jpg

I moved mine over to a slim body and Im using SS Snake Plisken hands. The coat is from an HT Wolverine. The blue shirt is something I had in my bin. I think its a from an HT John Connor but not sure. Because the head is smaller and with the layers, I figured the body needed to be smaller. I also think height wise, he was way too tall for the original. I did add a lot of padding through the middle section and also the shoulders because the length of neck and Karras has that hunched look though out the film. There was some discussion early on about the collar being a black shirt with a white band. This is true for almost all the film except the exorcism. He changes clothing in that scene. Like Merrin, he is also wearing what we got. This is how he will live on my shelf. Im happy with him after a lot of work and futzing.

Lj8vq2Q.jpg

l6N9prK.jpg

He looks great, Robbie! This looks MORE like Father Karras to me just like in the film. Where did you get the bible? I'm looking to buy one for my figure.

Can anyone advise on a quality type of hobby glue typically used for resin? I thought that the face part of the Captain Howdy Bust was removable but that's not the case....apparently mine just came loose because I can see some of the glue residue on the "Demon" stand.

Also, I'm assuming everyone's sculpts have grey eyes painted......but Karras had Brown Eyes? Missed detail or just "Artist Interpretation" :lol

I did google Jason Miller out of curiosity and his eyes were indeed brown. Mine were painted grey. I suppose it's an artist interpretation. [emoji4]

Yea. The hair needed a little rework too. The hair's a little too style wavy in the front instead of messey wavy, which gives the sculpt more of a hair salon styled look when Father Karras had more of a messer less fuller hairdo. He may have worked off of some random photo of Jason Miller than an actual movie still from the film. Sometimes his sculpts give off that impression.

The grey eyes are killing me though :duh. Eye placement and eye color are such key details.....it's what brings out a sculpts personality. Whoever painted the Demon busts did a nice job with both. It looks like the movie still, and when the shadow hits hit......Phenominal!

Last edited:
Gorgeous Robbie.... can we expect a run? :pray:

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

Fantastic pics Robbie and Phine! :clap :clap :clap

What I meant, was, less people... he used to do more of the painting. He always had varying tailors through the years. Over the years, he has branched out a tad more. Facts are; he sculpts, he paints a lot less, and he delegates a lot more, and oversees a lot more.

I don't think he's had varying tailors, I think he's been with Yunsil from the beginning.

Back