Rainman's Next Project: The Priest

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
manuel-o.gif

:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl:exactly:

While I din buy this set, I also feel that there should be some confirmation and side by side comparison on the sculpt paints ! I punched in an order for Victorian full set with the assumption he will paint it! (I would be disheartened if a similar issue will happen in his next release) - If his paint and aeons paint where same costs, I would not worry much, but the cost difference is substantial in his usual releases and the Victorian did not have a h and c so I would be heartbroken if he was not painting that $1100 set :(
I know there is no way to know what he will do with the Victorian set but the number of releases being churned out, I am sure the trend will be similar going forward. But great if he painted all full sets!

https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/.../137019-leon-911-partial-collection-40-a.html

Just for clarification, Rainman's response sounds legit. I bought a H&C set and the CoA is the exact same as the Full Set CoA except for the #, i.e. I have 5/20 while Full Set says #/15. So you can tell the difference of whether its a H&C or FS by the run size, it should say H&C next to "Priest", that is another mistake. It is same color and says "Priest". So basically the same CoA was printed for both H&C and Full Sets and Lee just signed them all and someone wrote the CoA#s and no one noticed next to paint it said Aeon.

Why this didn't happen to the DX ones? Because the DX CoA's are always different with a printed "DX" stamp at the top. Also usually there is a color difference between H&C and Full Sets when it comes to CoA so maybe they made the mistake of just keeping both the same color and that led to this mistake.

IMO the pitchforks come out way too fast in these threads...

Last edited:
So the COAs for the HC sets and the Fullsets are the exact same....and the DX doesn't even say DX on it.....Welp see ya later

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We are all being taken for suckers here.something is clearly not right he needs to just tell us exactly what the deal is with all new releases.it got too popular for its own good and now we are all paying for it.

Just for clarification, Rainman's response sounds legit. I bought a H&C set and the CoA is the exact same as the Full Set CoA except for the #, i.e. I have 5/20 while Full Set says #/15. So you can tell the difference of whether its a H&C or FS by the run size, it should say H&C next to "Priest", that is another mistake. It is same color and says "Priest". So basically the same CoA was printed for both H&C and Full Sets and Lee just signed them all and someone wrote the CoA#s and no one noticed next to paint it said Aeon.

Why this didn't happen to the DX ones? Because the DX CoA's are always different with a printed "DX" stamp at the top. Also usually there is a color difference between H&C and Full Sets when it comes to CoA so maybe they made the mistake of just keeping both the same color and that led to this mistake.

IMO the pitchforks come out way too fast in these threads...

Forget about the COA's.....How come the H&C set and the DX set headsculpt paint jobs look absolutely the same :dunno I have not seen any variation in those head sculpts at all, yet there is a substantial price difference between the sets? :dunno

I would like to see a side by side comparison.

Last edited:
I think the fans created a monster, if no one holds him responsible for the bodies, quality control, edition number etc. He is not going to worry about the 5 people in this thread unhappy. Mr. Lee at the end of the day is a business man the days of reasonable priced low editions is over. He constantly refers to his "boss", so maybe he's not making major decisions or there is no "boss" at all.

He has always been honest and straight forward with me but like I have said in the past I'm more of an acquaintance than a purchaser of his artwork.

How can rainman do all this stuff, sculpt, paint, accessories, multiple releases in a year and still chat with almost all of us his day time. I hope his spokes person does that and not he directly! May be that's why the spokes person refers to a certain boss. But I did see "she" being used as "boss" multiple times so am all puzzled!

https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/.../137019-leon-911-partial-collection-40-a.html

How can rainman do all this stuff, sculpt, paint, accessories, multiple releases in a year and still chat with almost all of us his day time. I hope his spokes person does that and not he directly! May be that's why the spokes person refers to a certain boss. But I did see "she" being used as "boss" multiple times so am all puzzled!

DK coorinates a lot of the stuff with painters, tailors and his (RM's) acquisition of bodies, ssourcing of materials and production of shipping supplies. RM has gone from a one man show, 6-7 years ago, to slowly allowing more apprentices and so forth. I told you guys that in a post earlier... this is a production that is larger in scale now with more components. You wanted more figures, higher numbers, you want this, you want that... well, this is what happens when it's about feeding the masses.

Rainman has never been a one man show. He created elfdoll with 2 other friends (3 people) and artmaze has always been the company he works for. He has always had artmaze helping above him (boss) and atleast his other 2 friends and aeon and yunsil. At the very least.

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

Rainman has never been a one man show. He created elfdoll with 2 other friends (3 people) and artmaze has always been the company he works for. He has always had artmaze helping above him (boss) and atleast his other 2 friends and aeon and yunsil. At the very least.

What I meant, was, less people... he used to do more of the painting. He always had varying tailors through the years. Over the years, he has branched out a tad more. Facts are; he sculpts, he paints a lot less, and he delegates a lot more, and oversees a lot more.

DK coorinates a lot of the stuff with painters, tailors and his (RM's) acquisition of bodies, ssourcing of materials and production of shipping supplies. RM has gone from a one man show, 6-7 years ago, to slowly allowing more apprentices and so forth. I told you guys that in a post earlier... this is a production that is larger in scale now with more components. You wanted more figures, higher numbers, you want this, you want that... well, this is what happens when it's about feeding the masses.

1) I don't think anyone is saying its a one man show. It was always a no brainier (apart from people under delusion) - rainman, yunsil, no one was a one man shop. Anyone with 2 cents worth of experience in his / her or anyone's business would know that. The point being - where and what is he focusing on! I do know he chats with everyone as rainman. So what I am saying is how can he paint all dx, full sets, find creative time to sculpt, etc etc if he is multitasking.

2) so some transparency may be needed on who will paint what, etc, to the specifics. Cause honestly if it's a 50 or a 100 or a 10000 piece production - it won't matter - unless everyone is comfortable knowing who did what for their specific figure.

3) his last three releases has a very lack luster response which means even if had higher edition numbers reality is that he had to make less, cause less buyers, and more time for him to paint his own sets.

4) The issue is happening cause I think many people are buying more DX with the objective of part flipping (one of the two) and or sharing one of the two. Some get a comfort I think by buying 2 in a dx, seeing what they like and flipping one of the two to make their half a free purchase and or knock a few hundred dollars off ! (Regan, Dracula) etc ...

The Major issue is a Quality Control Issue. That's the issue and that's a business issue. Any talk about one man shows or flipping is complete foolish talk that detracts from the main point.......QUALITY CONTROL.

Last edited:
The Major issue is a Quality Control Issue. That's the issue and that's a business issue. Any talk about one man shows or flipping is complete foolish talk that detracts from the main point.......QUALITY CONTROL.
Agreed. Although i just unboxed my dx... and i ****ing love it.

Minor paint issue on my bust but its barely noticeable compared to others ive seen. But it backs up your point (although i think its a shipping issue not paint issue.)

Pics to come. This is a really nice release. Letting it soak in.

First photo batch.
I think this set came out outstanding. Body is a knock off, I dont mind because real true types are impossible to find / discontinued anyways. The paint application is superb and the overall charm and appeal of the set is IMO extremely high. My DX bust has very minor paint rub on the nose, but it is hardly noticeable (compared to some ive seen). This definitely happened in shipping. Apart from that, it is a very solid release. Capped at 40 full figures - 10 more than old releases. Glad I have it in hand, if there is one thing I have learned from this hobby it is that you need to judge in hand before you take peoples words for anything.
priest1.jpg
Screen Shot 2015-12-30 at 2.52.15 PM.jpg
pazuzu.jpg
pazuzu1.jpg
priestnecklace.jpg
priest3.jpg

Fantastic pics Phine.....even if they have made me more impatient for mine to get here.

Is the paint rub on the bust a common issue then?

Fantastic pics Phine.....even if they have made me more impatient for mine to get here.

Is the paint rub on the bust a common issue then?

:hi5: thanks!!!!

and from what I've seen, either the chin or the noses for the most part have paint rub. it is hardly noticeable on some though. you have to look for it to notice mine. LOVE this piece.

pazuzu33.jpg
karras1.jpg

Last edited:
Back