Rainman project: Overlook Caretaker

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
shining-bill_zps30e3d835.gif

At least good ol' Jacky-boy is confirmed so it's not a matter of if
Well, Rainman has planned on doing other figures in the past that never panned out for one reason or another. Johnny Ringo comes to mind, recently Amsterdam. Seems like there were a couple of others. This one being shelved could mean he'll change his mind and move on to something else, then leave this idea in the dustbin of custom figure history. But hey, if the greater good is appealing to the most collectors, then he's making the right move.

Well, Rainman has planned on doing other figures in the past that never panned out for one reason or another. Johnny Ringo comes to mind, recently Amsterdam. Seems like there were a couple of others. This one being shelved could mean he'll change his mind and move on to something else, then leave this idea in the dustbin of custom figure history. But hey, if the greater good is appealing to the most collectors, then he's making the right move.

I'm hoping that the Jack won't fizzle out like Ringo and others (I believe that Amsterdam got X'ed because of Sossa working on the other offering). I have faith that the support from the crowd and Robbie's involvement will keep Jack concreted on the itinerary. If it's a matter of appealing to the larger group of buyers, then I'd say Jack is the more popular choice. I see more people expressing their disappointment that Jack got pushed back, or expressing their relief that they have more time to save for Jack than people who rather V2 first.

Jack and Pikey are the only two left out of Army's top 10 common denominator poll. Anton, Bateman & Bickle have all hit our shelves so I'd say that Torrance is inevitable.... I hope :pray:

Rainman is working on that 1:1 piece so I am sure that it is taking most of his time. And I know I am working on the trike which he asked me to do so I see no reason that Jack is shelved, just postponed. I would guess he is most certainly giving another crack at the Butcher because he can reuse the head so most of it comes down to his tailor and caster. This would give him more time to work on Jack and the other project.

I agree and based on those ideas I have a feeling that Bill V2 is going to be a pretty quick release and will be followed closely by Jack's PO.

I'd say all who are interested in both should start getting your ducks in line and get ready for the 1-2-punch!

Gents, really interested in PO'n this figure as it's definitely a grail piece for me. I have only ever purchased a custom figure once (Wallstreet Killer), so I am new to the Rainman spectrum of collecting. Anyone have suggestions on how I can ensure I get on the PO list? I would imagine there are many more enthusiastic collectors like myself who are eagerly anticipating this release.

This project has been put on hold, but you should sign up on rainmanart.kr to obtain access to the site for the purpose of ordering, if and when this does go up for sale (should be, at least, several months).

This project has been put on hold, but you should sign up on rainmanart.kr to obtain access to the site for the purpose of ordering, if and when this does go up for sale (should be, at least, several months).

Thanks, I'll get on that. Hopefully it does happen, too iconic IMO not to be made. And from just going through some posts, a lot of people are hoping it happens too.

I agree and based on those ideas I have a feeling that Bill V2 is going to be a pretty quick release and will be followed closely by Jack's PO.

I'd say all who are interested in both should start getting your ducks in line and get ready for the 1-2-punch!

I am having this same feeling about Bill and torrance

I was thinking the same thing. I wonder what the DX with Danny/ trike will run - $1,200? I hate this hobbie. Should have stuck with matchbooks.

Back