Rainman project: Overlook Caretaker

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Alot of disappointment in these comments but with a mix of support for a Version 3 Bill (See what I did there :wink1:). Seems like most of the support is still very much in favor of seeing Jack next.

Disappointed that Jack got pushed back AGAIN!

Neo,
Convince him to try something new and different like a real glass eye for the eagle eye. They have years of experience and expertise in that area with their Elf Doll.

And some screen accurate knives this time

Sure buddy i'll ask that , not 100% sure if he is going to be convinced on the eye side lol

You know trying something new is always risky for them , but it's a great idea & worth a shot.

I was thinking he was due for a homerun since Anton, and what better figure to hit it out of the ballpark than a Torrance. Now if he's spending his energy on another Butcher, hopefully he'll have enough left in the tank to give it his all for Jack.

I was thinking he was due for a homerun since Anton, and what better figure to hit it out of the ballpark than a Torrance. Now if he's spending his energy on another Butcher, hopefully he'll have enough left in the tank to give it his all for Jack.

Agreed. Torrance should have stayed next.

Sure buddy i'll ask that , not 100% sure if he is going to be convinced on the eye side lol

You know trying something new is always risky for them , but it's a great idea & worth a shot.

Nothing ventured nothing gained .:)

Please ask lee ...

I wouldnt worry about lee being burned out...realistically, if any of the WIP he shows of Jack look off, we're gonna let him know and he will change it accordingly, the community is as involves in the project as he is basically :lol also im sure Lee is a perfectionist himself and has a rep to live up to, he's not gonna let us down :)

Disappointed Jack has been pushed back V2 Bill will be cool but would have been nice for Jack to stay next up.

I was really amped for Torrance being next also but what could ya do. If it was The Man's decision then I'm sure there's a good reason like needing more time to sort out how to do Danny or maybe he just wasn't connecting with the material right now. If it was anything along those lines then it's completely understandable but if the change came thru the pushing and pulling tug-of-war crap that happens behind the scenes, then that's no buono. That nonsense F's it up for everybody.

I'm not entirely disappointed because I'd be very interested in a V2 Bill, just would've liked to have seen other things happen first. The Monk murder outfit is a definitely a good choice. My fave V2 outfit is the one that VM already did because it's the epitome of shelf popper, but it doesn't warrant any accessories and it's been done before; 2 big reasons for RM to go a different direction and I'd say the Monk outfit is the best runner up choice to that

The use of the same sculpt 3x over is what really waters it down for me. Bill has been a gift and a curse, but if it's a seller why not offer it up as a different version. Definitely appeases the customers but incredibly boring for a sculptor who is in his prime.

Last edited:
I welcome this Bill release as it also gives Robbie more time to perfect the trike. Let the masses have Bill again. Nothing lost by it coming next but the extra time means us Torrance fans have plenty to gain in the long run!

Jack-the-shining-16869646-300-417.jpg

The use of the same sculpt 3x over is what really waters it down for me. Bill has been a gift and a curse, but if it's a seller why not offer it up as a different version. Definitely appeases the customers but incredibly boring for a sculptor who is in his prime.

Not only is it a seller but it would be quite a light load to handle unlike Torrance. He'd have to tackle every aspect of Jack from scratch. The majority of Bill's build gets subbed out: outfit & knife belt, metal portion of the knives. That leaves him with tweaking an existing sculpt, painting it, and assembling the handles knives. Are the shoes the same as the brawler outfit? If so he probably already has the cast for that too. The only thing that he’d have to make from scratch would be Monk’s shillelagh

After saying all that out loud I'm starting to think that Torrance may be next to bat sooner than we think. Bill V2 isn't nearly as labor intensive as Bickle say, so I wouldn't be surprised if we got that 1-2 punch like the way Vince was released right on top of Anton (Vinnie was up for PO and some people still were waiting to receive Anton)

I guess this is one of those why-fix-it-if-it-aint-broken kind of situation.

He coulda make a new sculpt, but that sculpt would always be compared with the old one, and then you'll have some folks complaining they'd prefer the old sculpt. Its a lose - lose situation, I can see why rainman chooses this option.

Back