Rainman project: Overlook Caretaker

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Rainmans new project: Overlook Caretaker

I don't understand the mathematics! But yes I want an "accurate size" axe! Now whatever that size is i will let experts figure cause I am "zero" in talent on that!
If I have to make Jack look more menacing by infusing inaccuracies / I will buy the "girl possessed head sculpt and plug it on Jack"

Jokes apart - accurate size axe pls.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sorry to use your pic Ebenezer but it was a perfect example of what I'm trying to show. If he is casually holding the axe like in EJ's pic, there shouldn't be that much excess at the butt protruding past his hand. The curvature at the end is meant to be the portion that you grip.

I'm still not saying to make it completely accurate by scale which would be 6" because I do think that's too small, but this would benefit big time by losing a ½" or so

Sorry to use your pic Ebenezer but it was a perfect example of what I'm trying to show. If he is casually holding the axe like in EJ's pic, there shouldn't be that much excess at the butt protruding past his hand. The curvature at the end is meant to be the portion that you grip.

I'm still not saying to make it completely accurate by scale which would be 6" because I do think that's too small, but this would benefit big time by losing a ½" or so

What about this axe ?

4e5e399e4e7d2623f808e2f0b23689c4.jpg

Rainmans new project: Overlook Caretaker

^^^ I stand corrected - to make Jack more menacing I need a 1/6 scale Antony head sculpt! / and a 1/6 kitchen knife

Although those eyes are inaccurate! They shld be pink and a tinge of orange!

Lees axe is 7.5 inches.

7.5 x 6 = 45

45 / 12 = 3.75 feet

imo that is perfect size. it goes up to jacks waist.
Batemans axe is undersized fyi. different axe all together as well.
Not as big, not official fire axe.

Am I the only one that sees the hand position on the axe, the different length apart from each other, and sees that i you took off that much it would be undersized? put the hands at the same places on the axe. Then tell me it is too long... Remember this figure is oversized all around to begin with.

Last edited:
I don't understand the mathematics! But yes I want an "accurate size" axe! Now whatever that size is i will let experts figure cause I am "zero" in talent on that!
If I have to make Jack look more menacing in spite of inaccuracies I will buy the "girl possessed head sculpt and plug it on Jack"

Jokes apart - accurate size axe pls.

It's super simple math. A 12" figure is meant to simulate a person who is 6' in real life. So that means 2" = a "simulated" or "real life" 1'. So if you wanted to make something that is 3' long in real life, it would be 6" long for your figure

Lees axe is 7.5 inches.

7.5 x 6 = 45

45 / 12 = 3.75 feet

imo that is perfect size. it goes up to jacks waist.
Batemans axe is undersized fyi. different axe all together as well.
Not as big, not official fire axe.

But on screen it's 36" not 45" :lol.

I'm saying that making it 6" (which would be accurate by scale) is way to small, but it does look ridiculous at 7½"

Yeah I took that pic and have both those heads in hand right now.

Aeons hair line is very pronounced, and Rainmans fades into the scalp more. Initially the fade looked odd to me but now Aeons perfect straight line looks odd to me. Jack was straight up Balding. his hair line was not so pronounced.

The eyes and eyelashes on aeons are her usual same look. Lees have more detail and variation of color, but Aeons have a "cleaner" look if you will.
After having both in hand for a week now, and initailly thinking Aeons was superior - I can definitely say Rainman captured more of a Torrance look than Aeon, as Aeons lines are very strict and she made his hair looks very full (and Lees color of hair is definitely preferred).

I think it's the common thing. Most people see Aeons eagle eye and think its superior to Lees original paint, but in hand Lees is definitely superior and akin more to the character, not just painting the sculpt based on lines. The two definitely look different in hand. Aeons is clean, straight, what u would expect from her normal paint up. Lees has personality, and imo brings out more of a Torrance as the features blend much nicer and are not so sharp everywhere.

This is brutally honest opinion coming form someone who compared the two heads right out of box and thought Aeons was superior. I 100% changed my mind over the week. Lees looks more like Torrance, and his head doesn't look as elongated due to style of paint work.

Aeon is a great improvement over DF Studio and thank God for her for the peeps who rather H&C's because you get a quality job from her. I know there are mixed opinions, but I'm in the camp that consistently prefers Rainman's paint.

It's super simple math. A 12" figure is meant to simulate a person who is 6' in real life. So that means 2" = a "simulated" or "real life" 1'. So if you wanted to make something that is 3' long in real life, it would be 6" long for your figure

I'm saying that making it 6" (which would be accurate by scale) is way to small, but it does look ridiculous at 7½"

Jack is also 5'8 not 6'4........

:lol:lol ^^^

Jack is also 5'8 not 6'4........

:lol:lol very true but I still think the axe is big for this already over-sized fig

IDK. I stated all the sensible facts that I could. All I can add is not one of the unlicensed mass produced sets included an axe this large. They're all closer to Bateman's size (which again, I think is too small for RM's Jack).

I think that a lot of folks were saying it was over-sized initially but I guess some see it differently.

Would it be impossible for him to make a 7½ " for those who want it and a slightly shorter one for the rest?

Last edited:
I'm okay with some being taken off but by no means can it be anywhere near as small as Batemans. That would look totally weird. At most 1/4 inch. my opinion.

Damn are people really wanting it to be as small as batemans? I was hoping for a little bit to be taken off not a complete overhaul. The axe as it stands looks a little oversized thats all, but as stated the figure itself is slightly oversized so maybe its fine

Not me? I'm saying 6" is too small, but I think that ¼" doesn't do the trick. ½"-¾" would make it look correct.

But I'm shutting up because there are only 3-4 of us talking about it and there are 41 people on the list. I'd like to hear what everyone else thinks and maybe if it's possible for Fergo to do 2 sizes to make both schools of though happy

Screen Shot 2015-06-16 at 4.03.38 PM.jpg

side shot I took, screen grab from movie. Hand placement tells a lot too, my hands are wider apart.
No editing, only scaled proportionately (keeping aspect ratio) to line them up. They are the same size.

Last edited:
Get the maker of your new axe's to make all of the axe heads.

Then they can make a copy of Rainman's handle for those that want it, and a new shorter version (or a couple different lengths) for those that don't.

I'm okay with some being taken off but by no means can it be anywhere near as small as Batemans. That would look totally weird. At most 1/4 inch. my opinion.

Did anyone post it should be as small as Bateman's? I don't think anyone suggested that. :dunno
That's clearly undersized. RM's axe looks oversized, as does the head. Been licked by too many bros. :monkey3

Did anyone post it should be as small as Bateman's? I don't think anyone suggested that. :dunno

Well :dunno
Just going by earlier posts suggesting it should be compared to batemans axe size.... hoping no one is comparing the two thinking batemans is anywhere near the right size. thats all :peace

View attachment 191144

side shot I took, screen grab from movie. Hand placement tells a lot too, my hands are wider apart.
No editing, only scaled proportionately (keeping aspect ratio) to line them up. They are the same size.

Nice post. I have been thinking the same.

I don't think that's the best way to compare because you're shrinking a a screen shot to line up evenly with an image of the accessory, which doesn't really tell us the size of either

I think this is a more accurate example of hand placement (in EJ's he still has more excess at the butt AND he's not holding it as close to the head as in the screen shot, even if his hands are spread slightly further in the screen shot)

But like I said, there's 2 schools of thought here so maybe there's a way to satisfy everyone

Well :dunno
Just going by earlier posts suggesting it should be compared to batemans axe size.... hoping no one is comparing the two thinking batemans is anywhere near the right size. thats all :peace

I definitely think Batman's is too small (which sucks because I loved it until all of this came up. Now I want to replace it :lol) but I'm interested in hearing the measurement just for sheetz & giggles.

I just wanted to see it in comparison, not to use as a template.

Back