Rainman David, Marty & Max Poll

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rainman David, Marty & Max

• David Lost Boys

Votes: 42 24.9%
  • Marty Mcfly BTTF

Votes: 68 40.2%
  • Road Warrior Max

Votes: 59 34.9%

• Total voters
I don't know of anybody that would compare Lost Boys to Citizen Kane but I sure as ___ know that it is the best vampire film ever made imo

That is very debatable. For me, it'd be like 5th or 6th. It's a fun 80's cult movie but it doesn't reach the cult status of Bttf or Mad Max. It's definately the least iconic choice in a poll we've seen from Rainman short of Marla Singer.

That is very debatable. For me, it'd be like 5th or 6th. It's a fun 80's cult movie but it doesn't reach the cult status of Bttf or Mad Max. It's definately the least iconic choice in a poll we've seen from Rainman short of Marla Singer.

Its all subjective bud but for me and imo its the best vamp film :monkey3

wow. condescend much? if i'd known we were in the presence of film critic royalty, i might have censored my wee man posts.

some of these "worst" films that amaze you weren't made to win oscars. they were made as fun movies, and they're a big part of some of our childhoods. this is why i asked how old you were. coz either you don't really understand that era, or you're one of these people that assumes if it's not an epic oscar-worthy movie it's not a valid part of our culture.

swing and a miss. I grew up with stuff like LB and Monster Squad too and I can appreciate cheesy films but my tastes have matured somewhat from what I saw as a child. I could write you an essay on why LB is not a very good film but there's no point. But just because its not great there's no reason you can't have fun with it. For instance, I have no delusions that an 80s goof like Buckaroo Banzai is a good film but I find enjoyment watching it. So if you dig it and it speaks to you for whatever reason, awesome, more power to you. As the saying goes, there's no accounting for taste. :duff

I can dig that, but, and I don't honestly mean offence because I don't care, but it does sort of seem like its up there as a "flavor of the week" obsession like Nathan Algren or the like. I.E. it would be the first character sold in light of funding a more iconic figure/better choice down the road.

I just think if you were to wait a year from now, rather then having just seen it and possibly wanting it on impulse, and were to look at your collection in terms of what to chop and what to keep, David may not be so quick to make the cut.

Last edited:
I can dig that, but, and I don't honestly mean offence because I don't care, but it does sort of seem like its up there as a "flavor of the week" obsession like Nathan Algren or the like. I.E. it would be the first character sold in light of funding a more iconic figure/better choice down the road.

I just think if you were to wait a year from now, rather then having just seen it and possibly wanting it on impulse, and were to look at your collection in terms of what to chop and what to keep, David may not be so quick to make the cut.

you may be right. all i know is i have a list i keep of 1/6 figures i want before i can quit on customs. there isn't much left on it, but david has been on it for a while. i'm certainly not saying rainman SHOULD make it (to be honest i wish c. butthole howes had delivered the heads i paid for - would have been a cheaper route) as i actually agree that mad max and marty mcfly are more iconic and arguably more deserving of 1/6 treatment. i don't really like mad max that much, and the only reason i didn't vote for marty is coz i have a great one on the way from seb.

i love the movie coz it epitomizes all the cheesy awesomeness of the 80s. and i might not call it the greatest vampire film ever, but it's a classic comedy horror, and for me a movie that made vampires cool again. i could write you an essay on how it did that, but i wouldn't wish to appear a self-aggrandizing expert on immature taste.

I just don't think its a figure that should be on a poll yet, when there are choices like Marty, Deckard, Wonka, and Travis Bickle.

After I get big cult icons, I maybe more prone to spend money on the smaller ones like David knowing I don't have to reserve those monies for the inevitable "bigger" releases down the road.

But knowing Rainman is interested in Marty and Deckard, there was no chance of me buying Bill and there'd be no chance of me buying David.

I just don't think its a figure that should be on a poll yet, when there are choices like Marty, Deckard, Wonka, and Travis Bickle.

After I get big cult icons, I maybe more prone to spend money on the smaller ones like David knowing I don't have to reserve those monies for the inevitable "bigger" releases down the road.

i have to admit, while i love it personally, there might be a few choices missing that people seem to have been noisy about for longer. like plainview sshhh... or raoul duke or even pee wee herman. but perhaps teddy spoke to rainman about all these and he liked the sound of these three first. maybe some of the others just didn't tickle his fancy. i don't know, i try not to assume anything anymore.

a very good point. I sort of bought rainmans dexter on a whim like that too, knowing the figure was amazing and I had jsut made my way through the series. While i truly do enjoy the show, I just knew there was no way I could justify having a 700 dollar Dexter figure in my collection before so many more, in my opinion, worthy and iconic characters, so I had to let him go. Luckilly, two of my most wanted, Alex and Bill were to follow, so I think I made the right call. I could see lots of folks having the same attitude towards David in the future, especially with all the great upcoming hot toys liscenes and Rainmans future cinema classics!

Marty is back tied for the lead where he belongs!

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t_n3059dBPg"]Back to the Future Trailer remake (Scream Awards) - YouTube[/ame]

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SNB5mfDSo3Q&feature=BFa&list=LLWGcM138nozdy9kvIB8X_NA&lf=mh_lolz"]El Delorean de Volver al Futuro en Cabildo y Juramento - (HD - HQ) - Doc Emmet Brown (BTTF) - YouTube[/ame]

^No power laces until 2015 according to Tinker. We'll find out today if my source is correct.
[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iJxgF2kSEb8&feature=youtube_gdata_player"]Nike MAG Back to the Future Sneakers - YouTube[/ame]

Edit: So Marty McFly is now tied with Mad Max huh,
HYPEBEASTS!!

Last edited:
Back