Rainman Artwork project 2013 "Pulp Fiction"

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This seems like a waste of the artist time and talents. These characters are one of the easiest bashes ever. It's two guys in black suits. Most of the assessories mentioned could be sourced from stuff that is already availabe. Wonder why this wasn't an Iminime project as it seems to fit thier current project list? I am happy for people who have the extra cash that they can drop on this. For me to spend that kind of money on a custom figure it needs to be something I can't get anywhere else. Like Rameriez from Highlander, or some of the Watchmen that Hot Toys didn't do. As much as I wanted the Men in Black I couldn't justify that purchase and it was guys in suits for half of what these will probably cost. Looks like this will be an easy pass as well. Happy for those who need thier Rainman fix. Enjoy it.

It's just two guys in black suits that haven't been done right to this day. With Rainmans touch we will have the definitive Vinny and Jules. Something to celebrate for sure!

Now the question is, two pack or individual releases?!

This seems like a waste of the artist time and talents. These characters are one of the easiest bashes ever. It's two guys in black suits. Most of the assessories mentioned could be sourced from stuff that is already availabe. Wonder why this wasn't an Iminime project as it seems to fit thier current project list? I am happy for people who have the extra cash that they can drop on this. For me to spend that kind of money on a custom figure it needs to be something I can't get anywhere else. Like Rameriez from Highlander, or some of the Watchmen that Hot Toys didn't do. As much as I wanted the Men in Black I couldn't justify that purchase and it was guys in suits for half of what these will probably cost. Looks like this will be an easy pass as well. Happy for those who need thier Rainman fix. Enjoy it.

Bitter much ;) up to rainman what he want's to produce and I personally think this is an excellent choice. Iminime are great but these guys are on a lot of people grail lists and they deserve to be done right, the full treatment. Iminime could not provide that Rainman can.

It's just two guys in black suits that haven't been done right to this day. With Rainmans touch we will have the definitive Vinny and Jules. Something to celebrate for sure!

Now the question is, two pack or individual releases?!

That all depends on pricepoints!

I suggested to rainman last week that both at once with more options would possibly work well.

Depends if he wants to max out the accessories/alternate outfits for both or just the standard suits really.

If just the suits I say both at once, clothing and headsculpts sets so people can choose, reg fullsets of each and then a dx double pack around $1250 for both.

Or separate releases and really max out on clothing and accessories.

Vincent Vega:
Full hit man suit with alternate jacket and tie set up. Alternate sculpt with ponytail from diner scene. Gun and packet of red apples.

Jules Winnfield:
Full hitman set up, gun, big kahuna burger, BMF wallet.

Or you could also do alternate bloody sculpts and alternate 'dork' clothing for both.

This is what I was proposing to him as well Snake. Seems like the best option. But the single releases are really tempting me as well!

:lol

I know what you mean DM. Two pack seems logical but I would also be a sucker for two maxed out single releases!

Could do the 2 single releases if he purposefully split them up and put some obscure figure in-between them I'd have no want for lol. Two Rainman releases back to back may be a problem otherwise :(. I'd prefer the 2 single options tricked out with all the accessories over the 2 pack but back to back releases would be killer on my wallet!

How much are kidneys worth these days? Is there still a want for passports on the black market?

Still not fully made my mind up yet. Will see how they are offered first :)

I want this:

tumblr_lopykgnuYn1qkzq2g.gif

Bitter much ;) up to rainman what he want's to produce and I personally think this is an excellent choice. Iminime are great but these guys are on a lot of people grail lists and they deserve to be done right, the full treatment. Iminime could not provide that Rainman can.

I have nothing to be bitter about, except maybe not having $1000 to $1200 bucks to spend on these figures. He can absolutly do what ever he wants, this just doesn't seem like much of a challenge. Maybe this project will get him to step up his game in the likeness department, as the last few sculpts he has done were pretty underwhelming. I'm happy for people who have the kind of money to support these projects. It will be interesting to see where this goes.

I can't complain about figures not to my liking since Rainman made my grail and possibly the most visually boring figure ever. :lol

I think the true selling point will be the price point. I have never really complained about Rainman prices as I do believe his figures are definitely worth it, but 800 for a full set or 450ish for a clothing/head set seems a bit high for this. Now.....I make no real judgements until I see what he works up. Rainman may damn well make a dude in a black suit well worth 800 for the full set.
As for extras, I'd love to see an additional clothing set (the shorts/tshirt given to them after they get all the blood washed off of them). Definitely the wallet for Jules, a small bag of heroin for Vincent, guns, briefcase, and in-n-out stuff. If possible an extra set of sculpted hands for Vincent (peace signs for the dancing scene)

These are some of the most important "cult" film characters of the last 20 years, so I get why Rainman would want to do it. But like yru, I kinda hate seeing Rainman tackle something so simple and conventional. If they have the regular suits, I'm sure these will be the nicest regular suits you can find at this scale beyond buying from Kato. But Rainman's real strengths are the tailoring and accessories IMO. So even if I'm not buying, those are the things I love to see him do really, and will pretty often be the factors that push me to want to buy his stuff. The stuff he did with Bill the Butcher and Wonka are amazing in that department.

Still very curious to see how these turn out. On the surface, I'm guessing I will pass because apart from Bogart, I can't see paying $500+ for a guy in a regular suit, particularly when they don't have really special accessories to set them apart. But I never say never with Rainman.

These are some of the most important "cult" film characters of the last 20 years, so I get why Rainman would want to do it. But like yru, I kinda hate seeing Rainman tackle something so simple and conventional. If they have the regular suits, I'm sure these will be the nicest regular suits you can find at this scale beyond buying from Kato. But Rainman's real strengths are the tailoring and accessories IMO. So even if I'm not buying, those are the things I love to see him do really, and will pretty often be the factors that push me to want to buy his stuff. The stuff he did with Bill the Butcher and Wonka are amazing in that department.

Still very curious to see how these turn out. On the surface, I'm guessing I will pass because apart from Bogart, I can't see paying $500+ for a guy in a regular suit, particularly when they don't have really special accessories to set them apart. But I never say never with Rainman.

Exactly how I am feeling!

I would go the Kato route. Pick up some painted head sculpts and call it a day. :lol

Probably not though, don't plan to pick these up.

Some T-shirt reference:

Vince
UC Slugs tee. The graphic below is accurate to the movie. The book the slug is reading says Plato
96520A1F-C5ED-4018-81DD-74BE8FD9D4F6-69-000001B6175F866F.jpg

EC82AC21-D089-4C2D-BB08-7EFEB58C3CC7-69-000001B629D72175.jpg

Jules
The graphic on the t-shirt is a cartoon comic panel called
Krazy Kat
from the 1930's or 40's.
Pulp_Fiction_-_Krazy_Kat_-_Herriman_3.jpg

71FAD677-2EC7-4DE3-AB4D-DFE7064CFFE3-69-000001B63AA9A0EA.jpg

0CF8EAA0-A63F-426F-AC11-00E9E81652EF-69-000001B646BA7FF5.jpg

krazy_kat_500px.png

A color match swatch for Jules' tshirt.
Pick the one that most closely resembles it.
0D22FB43-BED6-4650-89F0-EA8DEAAD602D-69-000001B64F9D64EB.jpg

0392EB03-FDBA-4D5D-8863-B542AC84F3B4-69-000001B6579EC7C3.jpg

Red Apple CigarettesTemplate
(Box color and Worm graphic are movie accurate)
Red_Apple_Cigarettes___Design_by_Apfeistrudel.jpg

Bad Mofo wallet and Briefcase need to be researched. That mofo wallet has been reproduced to death so many are not movie accurate.

Last edited:
Not that I, not excited because finally after god knows how long someone is finally doing justice to pulp fiction, but personally I'd be more pumped for Mia or butch. Only because I really like the Jules and Vincent I already have.

But duh, obviously bring them on!!

Back